New To The eGo, LR atties, Mega eGo and Mega 510 accessories, And Cartomizers, Many Questions!!!! Please Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
Hey so I've been using the Joye 510's with regular atomizers for a few months now. I have a couple PCC 's and a mega charger that charges 10 batteries at a time, but I think it is time to try the long lasting eGo and I'd like to give cartomizers a shot. I have so many questions and really appreciate if someone can go through my questions and give me their opinons. Even if you can't answer all the questions if you can simply number the question you are addressing any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Sorry if these questions have been covered but I've been digging and thought it would be helpful to get a vet to answer all of my questions. So many choices....

So I'm going to get a Joye eGo manual starter kit from healthcabin.net. I'm wondering what people's opinions are on all the options. I see Mega eGo batteries with 900mA and regulars with 640mA.

1. What is the difference between 900mA and 640mA? I'm assuming the 900 will run hotter, produce more vapor, but what about life expectancy? Do 900mA batteries die quicker than 640mA batteries? What do you prefer and why?

2. I'm also wondering what the main differences are betwen the 510 batteries at 180mA, the Mega 510 batteries at 280mA, and the eGo and Mega eGo at 640 and 900mA respectively.

2a) I might grab a couple mega 510 batteries and any info and comparisons would be appreciated. Do I need mega 510 atomizer for a mega 510 battery, or will regular 510 atomizers work on a mega 510 battery as well?

2b) Am I right in assuming that 180mA batteries last the longest with 280, 640 and 900mA batteries dying out quicker in that order?

3. I'm also under the impression that the regular eGo atomizer is the same as a Mega 510 atomizer? If this is not correct I'd love to know the difference and I'd love to know if there are any problems with using a Mega 510 atomizer with an eGo.

3a) Is a regular eGo atomizer actually a regular 510 atomizer?

3a) If the Mega 510 atomizer is the same as a regular eGo atomizer, will using a regular 510 atomizer on an eGo reduce the life of the atomizer or the battery? If so, by how much? Conversely if a regular 510 atomizer is the same as a regular eGo atomizer, will using a Mega 510 atomizer reduce the life of the atomizer or the battery? And again, by how much?

4. I'm also wondering about Mega eGo atomizers. I notice they are only compatible with Joye eGo cartrdges which hold 2.5 ml of juice and there are Mega 510 atomizers only compatible with Mega 510 empty cartridges that hold 1.4 ml of juice. I'm assuming the only difference is the Mega atomizers are larger Mega 510 atomizers and hold a larger cartirdges, therefore the only difference is you wont need to refill the cartidge as often?

4a) What are the advantages and disadvantages between using the Mega eGo atomizer compared or the Mega eGo atomizer on an eGo?

5. I'm also interested in trying out cartomizers for my first time. I notice there are Mega 510 cartomizers that are compatible with an eGo, as well as Mega eGo Cartomizers. I'm assuming like I assumed with the Mega and regular eGo atomizers that the only difference is the Mega eGo cartomizers are simply bigger than 510 cartomizers and hold more juice. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the two? What do you prefer?

5a) Can a regular 510 cartomizer be used with an eGo? Is this not advised and if so why? Would there be any point to it?

6. I'm also assuming the Mega eGo cartomizers hold a little bit more juice than the Mega eGo atomizers. What are the advantages and disadvantages between the two?

6a) Is it worth getting a Mega eGo cartomizer when I can get a longer lasting and easily refillable Mega eGo atomizer? It seems the differences in juice capacity are quite small as healthcabin lists the Mega atomizer holding 2.3 ml and the Mega cartomizer (according to healthcabin) "holds more than 2.3 ml".

6b) How much more does the Mega eGo cartomizer hold compared to the Mega eGo atomizer? If the difference is neglible then why bother using a disposable cartomizer when you can use a Mega atomizer that holds close to the same amount of juice and lasts longer?

6c) What are the main advantages of cartomizers that hold a lot of juice compared to atomizers that use cartridges that hold a lot of juice?

7. Do regular Joye 510 personal charging cases work for Joye eGo's? Or would I need a Mega Joye 510 personal charging case? Are there any PCC's for eGo's?

8. Do Low Resistance atomizers burn out noticeably quicker than regular atomizers? It seems if you keep the wick moist you shouldn't have many issues, but do you think it is worth the hassle? If keeping the wick moist t all times do low resistance atomizers still burn out quicker than regular atomizers?

9. Last, is the eGo a good step in the right direction after using a 510? Are there any other e-cigs you'd suggest over the eGo, and if so why?

I'm sorry for so many questions. I realize many answers are subjective, but if you could explain why you prefer one option to another it will help me understand the differences. Completely new to the eGo, new to cartomizers and new to e-cigs in general, so I'd really appreciate if any vets can take the time to answer some or all of my questions and sub questions.

Thank you so much!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Excuse me, but isn't this about 93 questions?

:)

Oh well never mind...

Firstly I'd say to you, if you're going to move up, forget about titan 510 batteries and stuff, just get into the eGo / Tornado model as it will do a lot more for you. These models are the same, the batteries and connectors etc are identical.

All you need to start, by the way, is an eGornado battery and a charger adapter - nothing more. That way you can check it out for low $$ and see if you like it - which you will. The battery is essentially the same as a 510 but thicker physically, so it won't fit into the charger recess. That's why you need the adapter - the 510 charger is the same and OK for the big batts although the eGornado USB charger is faster (the only difference).

Answer to Q1: In your place I'd get the big batts @ ~1000mah, maybe one smaller one of 650mah just for low-profile occasions. There's no difference in any respect except the time they last (and the size/length of the batt, obviously). They are all 19mm in diameter, the 650mah is 71mm long, the 1000mah is 96mm long (an inch longer).

As long as you don't mind the physical size, just get the biggest battery you see at the price you like. They're all the same. And by the way, the voltage of all of them is about the same as the standard 510 battery - what you get with the big batts is:
- They last a whole lot longer.
- They can handle LR atomizers, which is the real advantage.
- The voltage holds up better, so the power doesn't drop off. This isn't very noticeable, but it is a plus.
- Because the battery is bigger, there is less voltage drop in operation, so there is more usable power. This isn't very noticeable, but it is a plus.

Q2: Forget about the 510 stuff if you are moving up to an eGornado.

Q3: The Mega stuff is just used because it gets around the major disadvantage of the 510, which is that the cart is so small. It all works in the eGornado, which is just a big-batt 510.

Q3a: Yes. All 510 stuff fits the eGornado and vice versa. The eGornado is just a big-batt 510. You just need a charger adapter because of the physical size of the big batts. Plus you can use LR atties, which you can't on the stock 510. For me this is the #1 advantage.

Q3b: No, these are all exactly the same. The eGornado is just a longer-lasting battery, nothing more. Do you know what a burglar alarm battery is? It's the same as a 12v car battery but tiny (it's inside the box of your home burglar alarm and lets it work even if the mains is cut). The 510 = that little burglar alarm battery, the eGornado = the big heavy car battery. Same shape, same voltage - identical otherwise, just more size/weight. Size and weight is everything in a battery.

Q8: My LR atties last as long as the stock ones, BUT:
- As they are 100% more powerful you don't need to draw as long, 2 or 3 seconds is normally enough, especially with strong flavors.
- If you want to pull it long, maybe with light flavors, then you better keep it wet. If you let it run dry then pull 6 seconds - game over.

Q9: No dude, eGornado is good. I'm a 5-volt fiend but use my Tornado LR just as much some days. Try it.

No one can say it will suit you, or suit you better than something else - only you can decide that. Chàcun a son goût and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread