510 mega cartomizer questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronL703

Feb 5, 2010
West Virginia
Hey friends. I have been through many models of e cigs and have finally settled on the joye 510. I love it, vapes amazingly, easy to keep up. I am not going to try the dripping method as it is too much of a hassle. So I am sticking to my carts. I have read a lot about these 510 mega cartomizers. My questions are.....

How are they compared to the usual cart/atomizer setup?
How long does one cartomizer heating element last?
How long does a full cart vape for?
Do they leak as much as the normal 510 cart/atomizer setup?
Are they easy to fill?
How often would you say I have to buy a new set of cartomizers?

(btw, I absolutely love the e-cig-forum. Although my post count is low I lurk around here NONSTOP. So much great information. This site helped me decide on the joye and I am now upgrading to an ego battery. Thanks guys!!!)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
AaronL703:Hey friends. I have been through many models of e cigs and have finally settled on the joye 510. I love it, vapes amazingly, easy to keep up. I am not going to try the dripping method as it is too much of a hassle. So I am sticking to my carts. I have read a lot about these 510 mega cartomizers. My questions are.....

How are they compared to the usual cart/atomizer setup?
Longer - hence more capacity/longer life.

How long does one cartomizer heating element last?
It varies. Some people have used some cartomizers for over 4 months! (that's the long end). The best thing for longevity is to refill as soon as there is a distinct drop in flavor - because the next 'symptom' will be a burning taste and at that point you should throw the cartomizer away. So if you refill before the burnt taste, it can last for 20 or more refills. Some people wash and rinse them out. I don't bother with that. As far as the coil goes - like any other atomizer, it could go at any time but with care it could last for months. Vaping on higher voltage requires some care - ie. pay attention to the flavor and refill on flavor drop.

How long does a full cart vape for?
Again, ymmv, but I've gotten 3 to 4 hours on the Nhaler megas. As far as cartridges go - with a good cart mod - I use a blue plug with the straw mod, I can get 35-45 minutes at regular voltage.

Do they leak as much as the normal 510 cart/atomizer setup?
The regular 510 cart/atty doesn't leak unless you're using real thin juice and the wrong ptb (pyramid tea bag) mod. And cartomizers can leak if you don't refill them properly - ie. don't drip into the center hole when refilling and refill from the mouth end can be less messy than refilling from the batt end.

Are they easy to fill?
A bit harder than just popping off a cartridge and filling the filler but fairly easy. There are many ways - some more complicated than others, involving nasty metaphors and spins. You can find them on the boards.

How often would you say I have to buy a new set of cartomizers?
If that is all you're using and only on one ecig, then a box of 5 should last you about a month - ymmv greatly depending on how well you sense the flavor drop and how much you vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread