Smokeless Image Volts with Thick Juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgr5m69

Jun 27, 2012
Virginia
I've been vaping with the Smokeless Image volt batteries for a month or two now and wanted to try some new juices. It seems like they are... weird, in comparison to the pre-filled cartos I usually get from SI.

The juices are thick, and when I try to vape them they kind of don't vape up as much. There is also sort of a funny taste like when a carto is almost finished.

Do the volts not have enough power for thicker juices? Or do I need to use a clearomizer? Or am I just doing a bad job filling the cartos?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The problem is that thick juices don't soak into the cartomizer filler fast enough. Juices mixed from 100% PG down to 50pg/50vg will work fine. 100% VG will stop up a carto. You also don't want really dark juices that contain suspended sediments. These will plug the pores in the carto filler material.

You can add up to 10% water to thin thick juice without cutting the flavor that much and that will help them soak into the filler. Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA) can also be added. If you wouldn't drink the alcohol, don't add it to your juice. Most people use Everclear 190 proof from the local liquor store.

I would try mixing down small batches to determine what works without diluting the flavor. You can use a hypodermic syringe to measure quantity.

Or, you can buy a dripper atty for those thick juices. To drip, just put 2 or 4 drops into an atty with the cart removed and vape. Add a drop or two as necessary to keep it properly wetted.

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
You might also post this in the Smokeless Image section once you get your 5 posts.
Smokeless Image

I often vape Johnson Creek's 100% VG juice in my Volt without any problems.
What juice are you vaping?

I doubt this is a battery problem, and would take DaveP's advice and see how things go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread