smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    It depends, you can always add sweetener. You need to get the right flavors and try some known recipes, adding 2 or 3 flavors together.
    A lot of folks feel commercial juices are too sweet, that's why they prefer to DIY.

What flavors do you like?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I've been vaping for a bit over 9 years now, and I've been making my own eliq and exclusively using it for about the past 7. The money saving benefits of DIY'ing were and still are the same as the general vaping savings, which are both HUGE, but the 'less sweet' factor and being able to customize the flavor and amount of flavor made the decision to venture into DIY land a very good one for me.

• Agree
    Reactions: smacuser

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Commercial juice has high levels of flavoring as well as being sweet. I guess they are designed for people who are coming off smoking and have jaded taste buds. They need a major flavor blast to get your brain's attention. The longer you stay off the cigs the less flavoring you need. Mixing your own lets you adjust the levels as your taste buds recover.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Does diy ejuice take some time getting used to it? I’m coming from commercial ejuice which has a lot more sweetener and flavor
    This might give you an idea as to just how easy it is to make your own e-juice. Finding your favorite flavor(s) is the hardest part of it.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I was wondering how long it takes to get used to diy ejuice because I’m coming from commercial ejuice which has excessive flavors and sweetener
    Well if you want to, you can just imitate the stuff if you want. With DIY you can make juice however. Myself I concentrate on low cost and minimum effort, so I use single premix flavors and just guesstimate quantities. This makes for very very cheap ejuice that isn’t particularly great. One can weigh things and follow recipies though and produce juice that is actually better than store bought.
    Original ejuice strengths aren’t even available anymore. The top nic strength used to be 24 mg/ml, now it’s more like 6 or 8. Useless for quitting smoking but enough to addict a new victim who has never smoked. If you are not already a nicotine user DO NOT BECOME ONE. I use the original strengths myself. I am a bit unusual in that I started smoking again on purpose because I was under the impression nicotine was an extremely powerful anti-anxiety drug. I have recently been told this may not be the case, so I am going to find out. If it isn’t I’m going to have to quit, and it is going to suck.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I was wondering how long it takes to get used to diy ejuice because I’m coming from commercial ejuice which has excessive flavors and sweetener
    In the beginning of DIY and using other'srecipes you will want to use slightly higher % on your flavors & enhancers. Eventually those will start to taste overflavored and too sweet; then if you like the juice you just adjust the flavors/enhancers to lower %. The older recipes on diy sites usually have higher % recipes and their calculators will allow for adjusting as your taste buds start to recover.

osky

Jan 1, 2024
    Perhaps it's worth considering whether you already have a need for it?
    Besides nicotine addiction, you might also be developing a dependency on taste, which is not a good thing. I'll try to write a separate topic about this later.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Perhaps it's worth considering whether you already have a need for it?
    Besides nicotine addiction, you might also be developing a dependency on taste, which is not a good thing. I'll try to write a separate topic about this later.
    As people age flavor receptors age too. It’s a bit like hearing. I understand towards the end it’s pretty limited.

Users who are viewing this thread