DIY - 50/50 Mix of PG and VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenji2000

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Dear DIY ejuice Experts,

This is my first try on DIY ejuice. Please bear with me.

I have mixed 50ml of PG and 50ml of VG together and plan to use it as a no nic base for my DIY ejuice. I have 10ml of TPA Irish Cream and 10ml TPA Strawberry Flavour. Can I simply mix these two flavor together with my 100ml 50/50 Mix of PG and VG base and produce an strawberry cream ejuice? Sounds easy? Well, I don't know. :p

Can some experts provide sound advice.

Thanks!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Premixing the PG & VG could be a good idea. That's the way I usually do it.

Dumping 20ml of flavoring into a 100ml of base as your first mix is a very bad idea. First is that a 50/50 flavoring blend is extremely unlikely to give a 50/50 blend taste. Second is that you have no idea what flavoring level works for you. Third is if it is wrong then you have 120ml of crap.

If you look at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/336110-flavor-apprentice-flavoring-thread-29.html#post9013047 you see that the posters say that Irish Cream is working at 10-12% for most of them, but Strawberry ranges from 3% to 13% which is a pretty large difference.

Most folks start with small batches to experiment with. There are many good reasons to start small and work your way up. You could try a couple of 5ml batches. One each of the two flavorings and find the flavoring level of each that works for you. Then in a new bottle you can start combining the two single flavor juices to see which ratio works best for the blend.

There is some joker that goes by the handle Hoosier that wrote a blog on finding flavoring levels that might be of some help. If you can find him, there is a 3 below his avatar that links to his blogs, but he is never on here.

Last edited:

kenji2000

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2012
Singapore
Premixing the PG & VG could be a good idea. That's the way I usually do it.

Dumping 20ml of flavoring into a 100ml of base as your first mix is a very bad idea. First is that a 50/50 flavoring blend is extremely unlikely to give a 50/50 blend taste. Second is that you have no idea what flavoring level works for you. Third is if it is wrong then you have 120ml of crap.

If you look at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/336110-flavor-apprentice-flavoring-thread-29.html#post9013047 you see that the posters say that Irish Cream is working at 10-12% for most of them, but Strawberry ranges from 3% to 13% which is a pretty large difference.

Most folks start with small batches to experiment with. There are many good reasons to start small and work your way up. You could try a couple of 5ml batches. One each of the two flavorings and find the flavoring level of each that works for you. Then in a new bottle you can start combining the two single flavor juices to see which ratio works best for the blend.

There is some joker that goes by the handle Hoosier that wrote a blog on finding flavoring levels that might be of some help. If you can find him, there is a 3 below his avatar that links to his blogs, but he is never on here.

Thanks Hoosier.

The blog is handy. I think I need a lot of experiments to get the right flavouring levels.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread