New TFV4 Tank Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince15

Dec 31, 2015
Tank leaked right out of the box with a Tri Coil. The bigger Tank, not the Mini.
I've read some help posts already & want to post what I see just to get more feedback.
I filled my Tank to the top. Yes, I've read about the Chimney O ring problem of it going past the threads & into the Coil Causing a leak past the Chimney O ring & flooding out the bottom air vents.
I also notice just O rings to seal off the glass tube at both ends.
There is no rubber seal around the flat edge of the tube at both ends like I see on other tanks.
This Glass tube relies on just the O rings to seal it off & I see that the tube goes over the O rings easy & It's possible juice can get past them, & the fact of not having a tube Edge seal is another reason for a leak.
I don't think the O ring is enough. I think juice can get past them.
I also have the TFV4 Mini & the O rings it uses are different. They sit in the end Caps & have a bit of a tube edge seal instead of just an O ring to seal if off. My Mini does not leak at all.
I will report my findings to the company. Any feedback here would be great.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I have three full size and one mini, on all 4 I use the optional RBA, three are wicked with 3.0mm silica rope and one is wicked with cotton. In all them I have the wick cut off at the 'gutter' below the deck or slightly more (the mini has the silica cut off at the bottom of the juice channels with the top cap installed.)

There are two difference cases where the TFV4 has leaked out the air slots on the bottom of the tank:
    1. I filled it to slowly and did not create negative pressure in the tank fast enough or created positive pressure in the tank while filling
    2. the wick was not fully+completely saturated and I had left the tank laying on its side overnight. When I picked the tank up it started leaking out of the air slots for a short time.
    Others might be able to comment but I've never had an issue with the glass seals or other parts. I do use the rubber band on the top to hold the sliding top in place. One tank has a slight leak around the pivot of the sliding top.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread