Help! Mini protank 2 seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojocode

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
London
So I just took apart my tanks for a quick rinse before changing flavours, and I've noticed the seal (o ring?) that is normally attached to one edge of the glass tank has started to peel off!

Am I still ok to use it, or is it going to leak everywhere? The seal is still there, just half of it has come unstuck from the glass.

Hope that makes sense!

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
I have a couple Mini Protank 2's, but I haven't used them enough to need cleaning yet, so I can't say for sure, but if they are anything like the full size Protank 2's then it shouldn't be an issue. The O-Ring that you are referencing isn't really attached to the glass, it just gets stuck there because of the e-juice. At least that's how it is with the full size Protank 2's, and if the Mini PT2's are the same than all you have to do is put it back together and it should work just like it always did.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
It looks like it is just like the full size PT2, I found this picture online, and as you can see the O-rings aren't attached to the glass...

Mini%20Protank%20II%20parts.jpg

So once you put it back together it should work perfectly.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
They were designed with o-rings to seal the glass in order to get rid of the glue that held earlier PT's together. To make sure it doesn't leak you need to remove the metal end with the problem (you didn't say if it was the base or the top), reseat the o-ring into the metal base or top, then put the glass into place. The O-rings are seated into the the metal parts and the glass then presses onto them. The o-rings don't go onto or over the glass.

Last edited:

jojocode

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
London
Thanks for your help! All four of my mini PTs have the seal smooshed on to the glass on one end, and in to the metal part the other end. I think it's the top of the glass that has it attached. Perhaps, as they come assembled, they weren't attached at all, and just looked as though they were.

Anyway! Now I know I won't freak out. Thank you again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread