New Indoor Bans - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janetda

ECF Veteran
Hello,

As you may have read, we are facing indoor bans in Northhampton MA, Albany County NY and Lowell IN. Once these indoor bans start, it's going to be hard to stop them. We need to get as many vapers to the public hearings for these two ordinances as possible. Please, if you live anywhere near either of these areas try to attend and speak out!

Northhampton:
City Hall, 210 Main Street,
Northampton, MA 01060
July 22nd,
6:30-7:30pm Council Hearing Room, 2nd Floor

Albany County: ,
112 State Street,
Albany, New York
First floor Cahill Room
7:15 p.m. on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 [see below]

Date change / update - See this note on the Albany date:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rgent-notice-albany-public-hearing-no-go.html

Lowell, IN
501 E Main St
Lowell, IN
Town Hall
Monday August 9, 2010 at 7pm*****DATE CHANGED
219 696 7794
(please call to confirm time and location)

After tomorrow, there will be more information available at http://vaperscoalition.org/

Also, don't forget we are still trying to raise enough money to fund the IVAQS study. This study will look at air quality issues involving the exhaled particulates of e-cigs. We NEED this study to help fight the indoor bans. Please give what you can to either CASAA or NVC.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

iamdougm

ECF Veteran
I put this on my FB page because I felt as though it applies:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-Pastor Martin Niemöller

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I live very near Lowell,IN. Could you please tell me where you found this info or PM me any details you can?

THANK YOU !!

One of the Vapor's Coalition members has been directly corresponding with officials in Lowell. Here is an extract from an email she received from Lowell in response:

From: Susan Peterson [mailto:townadministrator(AT)lowell(DOT)net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: Next Town Hall meeting

We plan to hold a public hearing on the smoking ban during the council meeting on Monday, August 9th. Your members would be able to speak at the public hearing without filling out a request form. The meeting begins at 7:00 P.M. The Town Hall is located at 501 E. Main Street.

Susan

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
This piece of trash written by one of the sponsoring Albany County legislators needs more responses!

Albany County Legislature ban sale of E-cigaret...

An excerpt: "The Albany County legislature finds and determines that these unregulated high tech smoking devices, called e-cigarettes contain vaporized liquid nicotine also contain glycol {the same thing as car antifreeze} substituted by the chinese manufacturing companies.

The Vapors are expelled via a cartridge that is made to look like a cigarette or pipe or cigar.

These vapors blown out by the smoker is the same a traditional cigarette, just as toxic. Indistinguishable!"

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I got in but what to say that yvilla hasn't?
I need time some time....

After completing the registration there was a little window that opened up on the right side of my screen inviting me to my log-on to my gmail account. At the bottom of the window there was a "send request again" button. I didn't want to log on that way so I logged on to my Gmail via a new window that I opened. There was no confirmation email. When I hit the "send again" button on the still open small window it appeared immediately at my Gmail.

Make sense???? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread