• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Albany County

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIllustratedMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Upstate, NY
I know that this is posted elsewhere, but since we're all upstaters, we may be in a better position than some to do something about it. Albany County is proposing a ban on indoor use of e-cigs and on sales to minors. While it's commendable that they want to keep nicotine out of the hands of children, there is no reason for the county to ban indoor use.
Personally, I don't vape inside most of the time. When at a bar, I might do a little stealthing, but otherwise I go outside. However, if there is a law that prohibits indoor use, there is a stigma being created. The lawmakers are telling smokers (and non-smokers) that vaping is just as bad as smoking. Not only does this make non-smokers less likely to support us in having given up cigarettes, but it makes current smokers less likely to try e-cigs, steering them away from something that may actually WORK for them.
If you would like to help amend or stop this legislation, the hearing (confirmed by the Clerk at the Albany legislature) is on August 24th at 7:15pm. We will need to sign in when we arrive to speak. We can speak for 5 minutes each. The public hearing is in the Cahill Room on the 1st floor all the way at the back of the building. 112 State Street, Albany

Thank you to anyone who can make it. I apologize for the (potentially) short notice.

-Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread