New ego one mega burning coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bantam59

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
Staten island,NY
i just bought the eGo one mega yesterday as a work mod. I primed the.5 ohm coil and let it sit 15 minutes. I get 4-5 pulls add the coil burns, I've replaced 3 coils yesterday and it's brand new. I noticed the power button is very loose also. So, i swapped tanks and put my aspire tank with a .3 ohm coil and it worked fantastic, i took the mega tank and put it on my istick 50w and it too worked fantastic. So is it safe to say the mega is putting it to much power? I also have problems turning it off. When i press the button 5x to power it off i hear the coil burning. What do i do?
Does anyone knew if there is a .3 or .4 ohm coil available for the ego one mega? In currently using the.5 but it's constantly burning out.

Last edited:

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
I have the same issue with the iJust 2 where I burned 4 coils in 3 days, after priming and soaking for up to 30 minutes. It could be a problem common to these style of semi-regulated battery kits, I've decided to buy a new tank, one which can easily handle the higher wattages. I've been recommended the Starre/Maganus and the Arctic, though the Silo Beast's 0.5 coils also fall in the wattage ranges these batteries fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread