Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I think a 1.5 OHM pushes the limits of most egos. The 1.8's are probably fine.

Still, it's a Big risk with these type of batteries. I've stuck with 2.0 since I've joined here and have had no issues and didn't really notice a big difference in performance using the duals.

Just to reiterate - even the 2.0 duals shorted the eGo-c upgrade.... But with singles - yeah... 1.8 ohm strong flavors 2.0-2.2 ohm lighter flavors.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'll report that the one Joye eGo-c upgrade batt that went from white to blue and thought it may be ok, is not. It still comes off the charger as white but soon goes to blue now even with T3 clearos, so it's lost. I turned it off and it's in the recycle bin. The other one is still working fine.

That's only the third Joye eGo batt since I've been using them, that died 'early'.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Hello fellow vapers !

I've been using 2.00 oHm dual coils in my Aerotank Mega (3.8ml) with my eGo v3 multi-voltage digital battery, and, the ONLY complain I have is that it uses more than twice the amount of liquid.
    I guess you gotta pay for that extra thick cloud of vaper.
    I'm OK with that.

Cheers !

:vapor: - DJ Colonel Corn

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Alright.
    That gives me hope.

I'm gonna swap this out for a single coil and see the results.
    Hopefully still a satisying cloud yet more economical on the liquid and possibly not burning out so often.

Stay tuned , I'll post the results !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    HEY GUYS N GALS

Well I tried installing a single coil into my Aerotank Mega 3.8ml, in an effort to save on e-liquid.

Well, it works great, and even needs less voltage to get the same cloud.

I'm SO happy , I'll be saving %50 of my e-liquid now !

Pass this on to your friends, this works great with a single coil !

amoca

Feb 20, 2014
    Canada
    The Aspire BDC's also work well on my clone egos's ... so far. ;)

All I use are Vapeonly Aspires on my ego types- 5 Vision Spinners (genuine) a couple Ego Twists, a couple genuine Evods, and a pass-thru, and a bunch of ego clones- have had absolutely no problem with any of them, and I have ....errr....21 on the go- I use every one every day, although it might be only for a couple puffs. I actually use the clones the heaviest because I seem to like the regulated voltage better than variable. Have a couple Evods, protanks, a couple Innokin iclear 16s and 30- and I default back to the Aspires every single time- they have better flavour, the coils last longer and are pretty much always the ohms they are supposed to be- where the Kangers seem to vary wildly. Now, a caveat-- I take great care with my batteries and clearos- clean them, charge them correctly and with the correct chargers, never overcharge or overnight or even if I'm not in the house. I've only been using them for 3 months so maybe I'll have trouble down the road- but so far- everything I use has been absolutely fine.
    Of course- they say God looks after fools and children, and I'm no kid...so take it for what it's worth, which may be nothing.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Sigh.. while I was vaping the Kanger T3D - two of them - on the itaste vv, I got an error code - never got that before and neither clearo vaped after that. So I'm not using the T3D's on anything now. And they are the same replacement coils as the evod2, evod glass and the protank 3 (newest version). Hope that isn't the case with everyone, but thought I'd report it here. Put the T3S on the itaste and everything is fine now.

Also, tried the Aspire dual coil mini, running well on eGos, on the itaste without a problem.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sigh.. while I was vaping the Kanger T3D - two of them - on the itaste vv, I got an error code - never got that before and neither clearo vaped after that. So I'm not using the T3D's on anything now. And they are the same replacement coils as the evod2, evod glass and the protank 3 (newest version). Hope that isn't the case with everyone, but thought I'd report it here. Put the T3S on the itaste and everything is fine now.

Also, tried the Aspire dual coil mini, running well on eGos, on the itaste without a problem.

Yes I've recently had problems with the wrong oHms being read, non-function, and error codes, on my eGo-v v3 multi-voltage pass-thru,
    with the Aerotank Mega 3.8ml. using Kanger dual coils.
    Going to switch coil brands and see how that goes.

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    just knowing that dual coils require twice the power - i expect issues to arise with ANYONE using ego batteries(knockoff or not) and dual coils.

From my understanding, the big issue with ego type batteries and dual coil attys/clearos/cartos is the amp limit. The ego types only have a 2.5 amp limit which is pretty weak. To avoid being limited on what head one can use on their batteries, the battery really needs a 3.5+ amp switch.

Personally, I would recommend a 5 amp switch on any PV so there won't be any issue with any head above about 1.2 ohms (dual or single coil).

ScottChensoda

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2013
    Lat:51.53889/Long:0.14743
    Having read through this thread I have to confess surprise at some posts and dismay at one or two of the others. I can't offer a fix or cure all but can only relate to my own personal experiences. Folk can then make up their own minds and decide from there.

Firstly and not as a boast but just to let you know I am not just a recent convert, I have been vaping for longer than four years now and have come through the ranks, like many have, of cigalikes, eGos, regulated devices, mods, coil building and juice mixing etc..

During that time I often built coils that were below the 1.2 ohms acceptable to a Vamo and simply put them on one of my eGos and vaped away without issue and without any more undue thought.

So having read through this thread and wondered at some of the theories being put forward I have just taken a Russian 91% with a 1.2 ohm single coil in it, put it on my 2 and a 1/2 year old eGo and vaped away no problem. Then I took a Fogger V4 with a 0.9 ohm dual coil, put that on the same eGo and vaped on that without issue. Much as I have done since buying the eGo.

I have three eGos. The original I bought has a black button and the circular Joyetech logo on the bottom whilst the other two I own have a white or clear button and no logo on the bottom. These two are over 12 months old and these again have given me no cause for concern.

Joyetech logo:

joyetech_logo.png

Over here in the UK over the last 18 months or so, we have been flooded by so called e-cig shops popping up on most main streets, street markets and what we call boot sales or markets. Where someone rents a field for the day and then any Tom, .... or Gilbert can just turn up, pay a nominal fee and sell whatever they like from the boot/trunk of their car. Completely unregulated although now more closely scrutinised by the police and customs people as being a known outlet for stolen or counterfeit goods. Sad to say though vaping supplies gets past the police scrutiny as officialdom has little or no knowledge of vaping supplies.

All the outlets mentioned above have been selling cheap blister packs of supposed eGos, made in back street Chinese sweat shops and in many reported cases have had very poor PCBs inside, inferior wiring and in a number of instances, fitted with fraudulent batteries. By this I mean the device was sold as a 1100mAh device and when opened after repeated claims of only last an hour or so, they were found to contain something like a much smaller 290mAh battery and the remaining space in the tube was filled with a piece of foam to stop any rattle or pulling of the wiring on the PCB.

How many of these devices entered the UK? Nobody knows but they entered the UK by the container load and it's anyone's guess as to how many blister packs you can get into just one shipping container. How many have been imported into the US?

As I have previously said, I cannot provide a surefire answer to folks issues mentioned in this thread but possibly point some toward what might be a problem solver by way of a new coil that is handmade by a UK vaper who has recently started his own business and at the moment looks to provide a game changer in pre-made dual coil vaping.

I will stress that at this present moment I have no connection with this company and have not even used them but I will be giving him my custom in the very near future based on a couple of reviews I have seen. One of those reviews was by Todds Reviews whose opinion I value highly and the other by Martyn Parker, a newer reviewer. Have a look and see what you think. It might just help some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread