New eGo cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity

Great post, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for! So many things in life are just a "magic black box". We use them but don't fully understand them. Around here you just cut them down the middle and have a look. Yes, I'm one of those people who likes to know how things work.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Here's a nice pic to help illustrate the question about how it connects to the battery. I like the little notches in the bottom for air flow.
546_20100624060719_1.jpg

dumkopf

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
richmond, VA
i just filled the first one i got and what a pain in the ...... the center hole that needs to be pierced wouldnt pierce with my 18g blunt syringe so i had to use a needle and wiggle it back and forth to open the hole to get the syringe in. put 1.5ml in no problem, let it sit for a few minutes, tried to put another 1ml in and it just ran out the battery end. which brings me to pain in the ... problem 2. with the skirt its hard to get anything in there to wipe all the excess juice out. i also cant look down into the cartomizer and visually check if it needs to be topped off like i can with a regular cartomizer. i think a large capacity cartomizer was a great idea, i'll stick to the regular ones until someone develops a refill method that isnt such a pain. i do LOVE the flat tip tho, cant get that on a regular carto

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I received a package of 5 from Cignot today and I'm thrilled with them! Yes, the first fill is a PITA. I bought a 21 gauge syringe at my pharmacy and it fits into the hole perfectly. I used a dental pick to remove the two pieces of plastic to get to the fill hole. The pick also worked great for puncturing the center hole where the needle goes for fill ups. Mine held just under 2.5 ml and I've been vaping heavily since 12:30 this afternoon without having to refill. I decided to fill another one with a different flavor and it was quite easy to do after working through the first one. Since the liquid lasts so long, I don't have a problem with going through the extra trouble to fill them. I love how they enhance the flavor of my liquids. I didn't think they could get any better but they did. I highly recommend them for anyone who doesn't mind sacrificing a few minutes of trouble for several hours of uninterrupted vaping. :vapor:

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I nabbed 5 of these from TW a few weeks ago and like them alot...initially. My first refill attempt was from the bottom (batt side) and that worked well but only for about 1ml worth. Later attempts brought that down to 1/2ml.

Didn't know about the top fill at the time and have some syringes on the way - hoping that will make refills better.

They leak - plain and simple - leak. Even out of the 'box' they would start to leak and after my refilling attempts, it could be a river.

But with all that, I do like the way they vape and if I can master the refill and reduce the leakage, they could be a great trip carto.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
I had a tsnumai of eliquid here for a while filling them even with the needle but taking my time filling them with the syringe and letting the juice seep into the filler has done wonders. I do fill them over a bottle because liquid comes out the battery end but tilting them seems to help. I don't fill them more than 1.5 ml though at the most.

They're designed similar to thegreencig cartos and I think they're great.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I had a tsnumai of eliquid here for a while filling them even with the needle but taking my time filling them with the syringe and letting the juice seep into the filler has done wonders. I do fill them over a bottle because liquid comes out the battery end but tilting them seems to help. I don't fill them more than 1.5 ml though at the most.

They're designed similar to thegreencig cartos and I think they're great.

I ordered on of these Accessories - Flex-tip Cartridge Needle
to see if that will make it easer to fill. it was recomended by some on on the ECF. will see it that works. Excited to try the new cartos.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Cool why two adaptors?

The first one is 510 to 808/901, then I needed an adaptor to take it back to 510. I happened to have them, or else I would use a 510-510 adptor/extension if they make them.

I still haven't filled mine, but definitely take your time, and don't fill it with 2 full ml. is what I'm guessing, and don't forget to plug the filler hole back up, all this prevents leakage. I'm going to try about 1.8ml, something like that.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
The first one is 510 to 808/901, then I needed an adaptor to take it back to 510. I happened to have them, or else I would use a 510-510 adptor/extension if they make them.

I still haven't filled mine, but definitely take your time, and don't fill it with 2 full ml. is what I'm guessing, and don't forget to plug the filler hole back up, all this prevents leakage. I'm going to try about 1.8ml, something like that.

Do you need to extend the battery to get the new carto to fit on the Hello016?

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Do you need to extend the battery to get the new carto to fit on the Hello016?

I did, but that's because I didn't want to cut the cartomizer. The adaptors don't cost much, and many suppliers have them.

These things are AWESOME! No leakage whatsoever during fill-up!

> I only put about 1.8ml.

> I put a plug on the battery end and held it in place while I VERY SLOWLY filled it.

> Also, like the other(s) posted, I held the carto and needle at an angle, not straight up and down.

> Two or three times I also rotated the carto during the fill-up.

> I think you really don't want a pool inside, to prevent gurgle boils. I trust that its volumetric capacity is above 2ml, but 1.8ml is what I'm trying now and it's really wonderful!

> Be sure to replace both caps. The inner one is very important (imo), because that seals the hole you just made to put all the liquid in it. Also, the airflow is somehow intended to occur on the sides, not the center, from the looks of it.

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
I did, but that's because I didn't want to cut the cartomizer. The adaptors don't cost much, and many suppliers have them.

These things are AWESOME! No leakage whatsoever during fill-up!

> I only put about 1.8ml.

> I put a plug on the battery end and held it in place while I VERY SLOWLY filled it.

> Also, like the other(s) posted, I held the carto and needle at an angle, not straight up and down.

> Two or three times I also rotated the carto during the fill-up.

> I think you really don't want a pool inside, to prevent gurgle boils. I trust that its volumetric capacity is above 2ml, but 1.8ml is what I'm trying now and it's really wonderful!

> Be sure to replace both caps. The inner one is very important (imo), because that seals the hole you just made to put all the liquid in it. Also, the airflow is somehow intended to occur on the sides, not the center, from the looks of it.

Thanks ill make post a review after I get them up and running. They should be in the mail today or tomorow. :D

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
When I put the rubber plug on the battery end, I did notice that the needle happened to want to push it back out, so I simpliy pulled the needle out and back in again.

330tcvm.jpg

LyndaGayle had a good idea about the dental pick, I happened to already have a crochet hook from the Walmart yarn isle, and straightened it out a little with small pliers. With it, I made the hole in the filler tube gently and easily, and used it to pop the baffle to reseal the hole, it did click when I plugged it back up.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is a fill technique is used to fill an eGo Cartomizer. The tools I used are as follows:

Empty eGo Cartomizer
10ml empty dropper bottle 10ml Dropper Bottles - 3 Pack [10ml_3pak] - $2.00 : JuicyLiquid.com, DIY E-Liquid and Accessories!
15ml dropper bottle with e-juice in it. 15ml Dropper Bottles - 3 Pack [15ml_3pak] - $2.50 : JuicyLiquid.com, DIY E-Liquid and Accessories!
Flexible Tip Syringe https://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/product/A019/accessories
Small Pointed Tweezers https://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/product/A002/accessories

Small Paper Clip straighten out
Small LED Flashlight
Latex Gloves
Q-Tips and Paper Towels
Dinner Plate or Shallow bowl

(The links are for your reference. These supplies might be found at other places for less money.)

First let me say that the first time you try to fill an eGo Cartomizer, your probably going to spill a drop or two of e-Juice. All work should be performed over a dinner plate or shallow bowl. This will keep e-Juice off of your desk and will contain things from rolling around also. You should also wear gloves when refilling and especially when mixing high mg nicotine base.

Take Your Time on the first fill. If done incorrectly, you run the risk of vaping a dry carto. And at $4 a pop for eGo Cartomizer, it could get expensive if you are in a big hurry to try out your new carto.

zoiDic Double Bottle (ZDB) Fill / Refill Technique

1) I start with my e-juice in a 15ml dropper bottle.

2) Pull of the mouth piece and fill hole cap with a small, straighten paperclip from the eGo Cartomizer.

3) Peirce the fill hole in the carto with a Large needle or metal syringe.

4) Remove the cap and dropper from the 10ml bottle. Place cartomizer over bottle. The cone of the cartomizer fit perfectly over the treads. The bottle acts to collect excess e-Juice during refilling.

10ml-3pak.png

5) Now removed the cap and the dropper from the 15ml bottle containing the e-Juice.

15ml_3pak.png

Also remove the “Flexible Tip” from this syringe.

78_148_large.jpg

Put the end of the syringe into the 15ml bottle and draw in a little over 2.5ml of e-Juice. Now replace the flexible tip to the syringe and squirt out any air and enough liquid so that there is exactly 2ml of e-juice in the syringe. There should be no air bubble in the syringe. Put the cap back on the 15ml bottle and set it aside.

6) Now comes the Sobriety Test. Turn on the flashlight and hold it in your mouth. Hold the Carto/10ml in your left hand. With the syringe in you right hand, put the tip in the fill hole of the cartomizer. Slowly, empty the entire syringe, 2ml, into the cartomizer. If you fill to fast, you will see e-juice starting to come out the fill hole. When the syringe is completely depressed, it has dispensed 2ml. There will be a small amount of e-juice left in the tip of the syringe, this is normal.

7) Put the Carto/10ml bottle aside and let it sit for 5 minutes of so. Any excess e-Juice will drip into the 10ml bottle. After 5 minutes, pull the carto off of the threads of the 10ml bottle a very small amount. Now blow thru the cartomizer to remove any excess of spilled e-Juice from the cartomizer.

8) Using the flashlight, inspect the mouth piece opening of the carto. A few very small droplets is normal but there should not be any standing juice . Clean the inside of the carto with a q-tip if needed.

9) Using your pointed tweezers, place the inner cap of the carto over the tweezer points. Make sure the fill plug is facing out. Place inner cap into carto. Replace the mouth piece cap.

10) Inspect the battery end of the carto. It should be completely dry. Clean it with a flattened q-tip to remove any e-Juice.

11) Replace both battery and mouth end condom and plug. Shake cartomizer back and forth a few time to dislodge any air bubbles. Now let the carto sit for 30 minutes or longer to make sure the filling material is completely wet.

12) Clean Syringe by flushing warm water thru it repeatedly. Draw some water into the syringe and then replace the flexible tip. Flush the water thru the tip to clean it. Clean and wipe the dinner plate and any surfaces that might have gotten e-Juice on them.

13) Remove plug and mouth piece condom. Check battery end one last time and clean if needed. Screw onto a fresh battery and Enjoy.

It sounds like a complicated technique but it isn't really that bad. It would make a lot of sense to fill / refill 5 or 10 cartos at a time. Also, since all of the excess e-Juice is caught in the 10ml bottle and can be reused, there is no worries about over filling.

Some things that I found that works well and some things that didn’t.

My first technique was to use fish pump tubing connected to the end of the cartomizer end up into a small bottle. All though it did collect the excess juice, it was too much of a dexterity puzzle to hold everything while trying to look down the carto while filling.

I have see magnifiers on a stand with a built in light. Something like this would be perfect and would illuminate the need to hold a flashlight in your mouth while filling.

Cut off about 1/8” of the tip of the flexible syringe. This allows a more e-Juice to come out and makes it easier to push in the syringe plunger. This is very helpful if you use 50% VG e-juice or higher.

If you are going to use a Sharp, metal syringe, be very, Very, VERY careful. It will be easier than you think to stab yourself and "Skin Pop" e-Juice into your finger. If you have to use a metal syringe, blunt the end with a fine file or sandpaper.

Label the 10ml bottle used to collect the excess juice. Some flavors tend to leave a taste in the bottle even after washing.

Flatten a Q-tip by smashing it flat with a hammer. In a flatten condition, they fit perfectly down into the battery end of the carto. As long as your smashing, you might as well smash up 20 or so Q-tip. They come in handy for all kinds of things.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
. . .They leak - plain and simple - leak. Even out of the 'box' they would start to leak and after my refilling attempts, it could be a river.

But with all that, I do like the way they vape and if I can master the refill and reduce the leakage, they could be a great trip carto.

I found my lighter and heated the needle, slides in like going through butter. I only use 2 mL to refill. I haven't seen leaking yet.

Cheers,
otrpu

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I found my lighter and heated the needle, slides in like going through butter. I only use 2 mL to refill. I haven't seen leaking yet.

Cheers,
otrpu

Keep us posted on your experience. The thought of these is intriguing but leaking is a bad issue to me! Didn't someone say earlier in this thread that they are really leaky?
I carry my PV in my pocket and a wet spot growing in my pants is not good for business or social life!!

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I got a full 2.5 ml of liquid in the first fill up. (I guess I should clarify that it held liquid all the way to the last line on the syringe before hitting the 2.5 mark). That was close enough for me to call it 2.5 ml. The trick is to take your time. I pushed the needle to the bottom (from the top hole) and started injecting while very slowly pulling the needle up (as if I was removing it). The last little bit of liquid was injected just under the hole opening. I think by filling it from the bottom up, you are able to get the full capacity in without problems. I did hold it over my bottle of liquid just in case some leaked out the bottom but it didn't. The subsequent refills are an entirely different story though because you have no idea how much you've vaped out of it and I had some seep through the bottom. The key word for successful filling is SLOW and work from bottom to top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread