new bloog user

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
Hi everyone im new to the bloog system,I come from an ego system and have been reading this forum about bloog and was kind of intrigued because i like carto's and have been using the kanger LR horizontal carto's on my
ego for awhile and have read how good the bloog carto's are. I saw the grimm green video on bloog which really impressed me. The kanger LR carto's vape pretty well but just dont last long. Im 5 days into this bloog system using the 78mm auto batteries and am kind of impressed... but ... I noticed today that one of my batteries is starting to not function properly. When I draw with a steady pull the light goes on and off and I have to draw pretty hard for it to keep going. Also one of my carto's dosent work near as well as the other. I like the system but if there is going to be this kind of erratic quality and behavior from bloog im not sure if I can put up with that. I didnt get any juice in the battery as Ive been very careful about that. It worked great for 4 days though. Any thoughts with bloog reliability or experiences would be helpful :) I really do like the vapor production. Seems to be " thicker " vapor , more like cig smoke. Ive been vaping for about a year and a half so im a newbie only to bloog.

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
I usually go through 1 carto a week (use 1 carto, constantly refilling, then toss it) and 2-3 ml a day, so about 3-4 refills/day, I'd say.
Can't remember when any of the cartos failed on me. Certainly not for months.

Also, have batteries many months old, still going strong.
Had a DOA Trifecta once, and CS handled that without issues.
Besides that, only have had one battery die on me. Strangely enough, a manual one.

Overall, certainly the most consistent kit I've used so far.

Last edited:

shooter59

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Central Indiana
Welcome to Bloogville.
I have a couple of thoughts n your battery situation.
First, the batteries are NOT 100% charged when you get them. They are close. The flashing light on the end of the battery normally means that it just needs to be charged. The fact that it is low on power wil also affect the how the carto hits.

Another thought, you mention 'steady pull', these batteries do have a cut off in the switch to keep from overheating. If your steady pull is reaching the 5-7 second range you could be hitting the cut off point and the batt is shutting down. This also will affect the way the cart works.

Hope this helps some.

The Shooter

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
Hey Shooter.. thanks for the response.. I fully charged the batteries after I got them. The battery light goes dim and flickers unless I draw really hard on it, unlike the other battery . I think its a bad switch as the other battery works perfectly. I dont go anywheres near the 5 sec cutoff. Its a new kit less than a week old so its still under warranty. Also I am very careful and never refill the cartos on the battery and make sure not to overfill them.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Hi Joeboy! Welcome to the Bloog Planet.

Sorry about the bad batt. Yes, it sounds like a defective switch. I've worked with several manufacturers and component suppliers, and I can assure you our defective rate is the lowest that I've encountered in this industry. But this IS china, and so some will always slip through. Sorry about that. Just contact Aileen at cs@bloogplanet.com and we will get a new one out to you.

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
** update ** called bloogs number and Aileen was great..sent me out a new battery pronto without sending the bad one back which was very cool and she also sent me a nice sample of SPI as a bonus...at first I thought the replacement was defective too but its working just fine. The defective one has indeed died and I believe the switch was the culprit. Anywho.. am really enjoying the Bloog. Cartos are great...nice thick vapor and after a week of HEAVY vaping still produce near as well as when new which I am totally impressed with. I came from a 510/Ego system and the kanger horizontal LR cartos which produced more vapor which you would expect from a LR carto but the vapor seemed "thinner" to me..the Bloog vapor is much "thicker/heavier" to me.. more like a real cig. Also the kanger cartos after a few days really started to go downhill fast. Overall... VERY IMPRESSED with my Bloog... small..compact..simple to use...great vapor...long lasting..and as frustration free as I've come across :) .. just what I was looking for. My Ego stuff now is being ignored and will soon be packed up and used as a backup or sold. Great job Bloog and Bloogers.. I'm a tough sell and you made me a believer :vapor:

Last edited:

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
hey Audio... the SPI is interesting... at first I didnt think much of it but as I vape it more it has grown on me. I'm someone who is still looking for that great tobacco juice. I do some flavors but tire of them kind of quickly . SPI to me falls more into the flavors than the tobacco category, but I could see where someone might consider it to have a pipe tobacco taste. So right now I guess I can only give you the " non answer ".. answer .. that Im still forming my opinion on it :p I have 30 mils yet to go :laugh: .. I should mention that I'm vaping 11mg juice so not sure if 18mg would make a difference taste wise other than more throat hit but I'm not willing to go higher mg as the goal is to decrease my nicotine intake. Now if I could find some 0mg juice with some throat hit leaford... just sayin :D

Last edited:

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
Hi pmos69 .. 1 week seems to be the life for cartos for me too no matter what kind. I vape about 3 mils a day but it does seem like more..lol.. but my monthly orders seem to confirm it .. I buy 3-30 mils every month. What I do like about the Bloog carto's though is they perform really well right up until they kind of die out at the week mark and wick pretty well. I seem to get about 3 hours or so out of a battery, basically by the time one has recharged the one I"m vaping with seems to die. I'll add another charger and few more batteries to my rotation, dont really have the need for the PCC and have never had any luck with pass thru's. Be nice if Bloog came out with an ego style 650 or 900 mah battery for around the house though :p

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Just get a 510-901 adapter and you can use the BMF cartos in just about anything.

Here's a freakenBloog - A BMF carto on a Neo 650mAh battery in a Kuwako with a "customized" joye tech eGo cone ;)

2012-02-17+12.22.01.jpg

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
That looks heavy, although I would like to give it a try.

Nah, not really.
The Kuwako is very lightweight (it's just a hollow shell) and the bat is just standard 650mAh eGo size and weight. Most of the bat is inside the Kuwako.
Since I use it like a pipe (duh), some extra weight would not even be that big of an issue if it was a little heavier.

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
I just did happen to have the adaptor but the first time I tried it i got nothing... had to screw the carto down real tight and it worked but didnt seem to vape the same. Just got a new 102mm battery so I should be fine for now. I really like The Last Straw juice I think thats my new favorite vape. I do like SPI now that i've vaped more of it. Have yet to try the RY4 which when I first started vaping I reallly liked but overdid it so that will be in the next order for sure. Am really enjoying the Blog system and am just so impressed with how well it vapes...it still freaks me out that you can literally chain vape and until you run out of juice or get really low it just keeps pumping out this nice rich thick vapor.
Just get a 510-901 adapter and you can use the BMF cartos in just about anything.

Here's a freakenBloog - A BMF carto on a Neo 650mAh battery in a Kuwako with a "customized" joye tech eGo cone ;)

2012-02-17+12.22.01.jpg

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Yes, sometimes you have to fiddle with those adapters to get the airflow to a good level and sometimes also to lift the center pin so that it makes a connection without having to screw everything too tight.
Also, I can only get a decent airflow with the normal ones. I can't with the stealth version.
(which is a putty, because they're so tiny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread