NEO - Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Well I was super excited about this true sized mini but I have report my findings since having some more time. Everything works well and it is a great mini but, because of it's size, the carts do not last very long. Now, I am use to this with other minis but with the NEO, I am lucky to get 20 pulls before the taste is just YUCK (That is not the case with the mins I use) and they, for some reason, don't wish to play nice on refilling. Normally this would not bug me too much but at $14.00 for 5 (epuffer nano @ $8.95 for 5), yeah, umm, grr.

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
Just got a starter kit and pack of Neo cartridges yesterday.

Took a week to arrive (which is a long time, compared to most other vendors, but within their stated 5-7 day timeframe.)

Awesome size, ok taste. I'm fairly certain they use the exact same juice as Mistic, which I don't mind.

Yeah, same problem as I've hit with Mistic's tho- after 15 or 20 pulls, something inside chars (long before the juice runs out), and they start to taste like burnt .....

I've dissasembled the Mistic when the charry taste starts to see what the deal is, and confirmed that there was still plenty of juice inside, but there's a little white mesh tube that sits above the atty (by above I mean closer to your mouth on the carto) that stats to char. Likely the same with Neo, I'll have to strip one down to see.

Battery life is great on the Mistic's, and pretty damn good on the Neo considering the size. Early report would be around 3 recharges a day with Neo, maybe 1.5 or 2 with Mistic. Just a shame that little piece chars so easy and ruins the taste.

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
Just got a starter kit and pack of Neo cartridges yesterday. . .

I've dissasembled the Mistic when the charry taste starts to see what the deal is, and confirmed that there was still plenty of juice inside, but there's a little white mesh tube that sits above the atty (by above I mean closer to your mouth on the carto) that stats to char. Likely the same with Neo, I'll have to strip one down to see.

Hmmm...same exact carto design as the Mistic. Only with the Neo cart, the small white mesh tube above the atty wasn't charred, it was the bottom (battery side) of the absorbent mesh that holds the juice that was charred, despite there still being plenty of juice. Just a bad design I guess?

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Just got a starter kit and pack of Neo cartridges yesterday.

Took a week to arrive (which is a long time, compared to most other vendors, but within their stated 5-7 day timeframe.)

Awesome size, ok taste. I'm fairly certain they use the exact same juice as Mistic, which I don't mind.

Yeah, same problem as I've hit with Mistic's tho- after 15 or 20 pulls, something inside chars (long before the juice runs out), and they start to taste like burnt .....

Battery life is great on the Mistic's, and pretty damn good on the Neo considering the size. Early report would be around 3 recharges a day with Neo, maybe 1.5 or 2 with Mistic. Just a shame that little piece chars so easy and ruins the taste.

Shame for sure. Great little unit (real size) but there is something wrong with the carts or at least, when you buy extras in a pack of 5. The kit's carts performed much better. I am chalking this up to them sending old stock because no cartomizer should go bad after 10 puffs but your findings are correct too. If you take all the wadding out, you can sorta drip because the wick is at the bottom but after a few times it gets yuck. I do like the flavor and yes, it is the very same in Mistic. Mistic also was great as far as the kit but too large for me. Still really upset about this and told them so. Its always something! Not to mention their carts a way over priced. I was going to deal but not for 10 puffs. The only good real size (chargeable) is the epuffer colibri/nano I guess. Their carts are cheap too.

Last edited:

synergis7

Quitter
Jul 13, 2012
USA
Interesting...my experience was the opposite- the carts in the starter kits were really dry, the ones in the 5 pack were a little better.

Regardless, not a sign of quality that we both ran into dry carts. Sure, they're tiny, but you should be able to get a few hours of puffing out of one anyway.

Love the form-factor, and the gears a good hitter, but after a couple days of using Neo I don't think I'll be re-ordering. Trying to get the taste of charred carto out of my mouth atm :)

Have to check out the colibri/nano; how's the battery life?

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
FYI: Still testing this but... I had one box of carts left. I was still getting the 5-10 puffs before having no choice but to toss them issues. What I did was cap fill them before even using one and re doing this every 20 or so drags.Seems to be holding up better. I still will not buy from them because of this nonsense but what a shame. This unit puts out as much or more vapor then the eroll and is NJoy King/Fling mini size and rechargeable. Grr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread