Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I'm trying to find something for a friend that wants an e-cig that works without having to tinker with it. I've come to the conclusion that no model cartridges work, period. I hear that KR808 cartomizers work well but the ones I've tried put out not much vapor or throat hit. If the Ego had a cartridge that actually emptied I'd suggest that. I guess my question is, are there any e-cigs that work properly right out of the box?
Good vapor.
Empties the cart. (she won't be refilling, just wants to attach a cart and vape!
Decent battery life.

Suggestions?

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I've been successful in converting a few friends. They DO NOT want to fool with things. If you start them with the 808 extra long manual battery with a somewhat high nic level, they'll be hooked and take it from there. A great add on for them is the pass thru (really a 5V experience) especially the new ones from V4L. I've set my friends up with this system and made sure they have loads of filled cartomizers. They are happy and beginning to take an interest in the finer details.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I've been successful in converting a few friends. They DO NOT want to fool with things. If you start them with the 808 extra long manual battery with a somewhat high nic level, they'll be hooked and take it from there. A great add on for them is the pass thru (really a 5V experience) especially the new ones from V4L. I've set my friends up with this system and made sure they have loads of filled cartomizers. They are happy and beginning to take an interest in the finer details.
Do you actully get much of a hit of them? Which carto's are you talking about, V4L's? Is there really any difference between carto brands?
Wouldn't a Janty Ego with a 510 to 808 adapter work better? I hear the Ego battery lasts 8-10 hours.

Last edited:

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Bella Luce, I don't know re: avatar. I found it on an internet search "Healthy Smoking". Pretty funny.

Pete54, I'm not an expert and really don't have that much experience. I bought KR808 (Nhaler) and 510 (AltSmoke) originally (December). Like the 808, not the 510 so much. If the 808 could get me, a 40+ year smoker off the cigs and everybody around me still seems to be alive, they are good for something! Since then I have ordered extra cartomizers from Heavens Gifts (50!), Vapor4Life and some other places. I like them all and find that I need to work really hard to KILL them. I’ve only opened all together maybe 15 carts since December 23rd and all are still in use except for 2. They last much longer than advertised.

If there is a difference in the carts from different companies as far as quality goes, I haven’t found it.

I have loaned out my 808 sets to two friends, both hard core long time smokers. They are both succeeding, what a surprise. Neither wanted to “do anything”, just replace smoking without having to research or refill etc. I set them up, loaded them up and will even go by and refill. They are happy, I’m happy.

To me, the 808 extra long batt (380?) manual, has all the punch you really need. I could have stopped there but instead I got on this forum and saw all the things I could have ($!$!). Broke down and got a Prodigy V2, I really like it and ordered another for a back up.

The 808 pass thru (manual) is fantastic. Just ordered 3 new ones from V4L because I’m having a great deal of difficulty getting my gear back from my “friends”!!!

I have nothing to add re: ego. Never saw one.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I feel you. My friends, pretty well to do types (femailes), both like the original (regular auto batts) for the 808 that came with the pcc. Holds the two batterys and two cartomizers and you're pretty much good to go. This is really all a beginneer needs except some more cartomizers and a little liquid.

Then I saw the longer 380 manual battries and the manual PT and decided "I gotta have it". Now they have those as well.

Please don't go on my input, I understand the 510 is very popular but to me, it had a higher learning curve and not as easy for someone that didn't want to do the research or hang out here on ECF. Your associate at least has you close on hand so you can help with whatever they decide to go with. I just felt the 808 was a "lock and load" for the beginner.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Yes, the longer batts the better hit (and longer charge). Be sure they are the 380, some longer batts are 320 (?).

I guess you could get away with the longer batts (manual), a wall/usb charger and a few cartos. That would get them going. The little pcc is expensive so perhaps forgo that untill you're sure they like the whole concept. As you know, the pcc case on the market right now is only good for regular batts although I understand they are working on one for the long batts.

In this forum the question is asked "if you could do it over again....", well, if I could, I would go with the 808 and a mod.

Good Luck!

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
The KR8 is a good thing- just be sure to get a juice that has some VG for the vapor production. NO it dosn't produce the big 510 plumes but it's EASY. My hubs didn't want to fiddle either and he's LOVING the 808s
I like both my kits. am even eyeballing a chuck with an adaptor that'll go both ways (you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge)
But the KR8 was a great no mes starter and it's my all day traveling vape. the 510 is my sitting relaxing vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread