I need some advise from a seasoned vaporer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifesATrip

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
Clearwater, FL

I am getting extremely frustrated with this whole thing!

When I first got the 'e-cig' (about Oct 1st) I wanted something that looked like a cig. So, I started with the M-401 with auto batts. I haven't had an analog since I got my e-cig. But with the M-401, I didn't like that I had to change the batteries like every 2 hours. I didn't like that I couldn't seem to refill the carts so they'd last more than 4-5 puffs.

I quickly got over that I wanted my e-cig to look like a 'real cig' so I got the DSE-905. When I first got it, it was amazing! I loved the throat hit, excellent vapor! Batteries lasted like 6 hours! And I thought this is it! Awesome! But, once I started to fill the empty carts with liquid...major disappointment! I can't seem to get any throat hit, and no vapor is happening! The pre-filled carts that I got with the DSE-905 were really good. I bought like 10 boxes of empty carts so I could fill them with liquid, but something's not working!

It almost seems that the pre-filled carts that came with the DSE-905 worked really good, but now that I am trying to fill empty carts with liquid and use them...nothing is working good! I think its either that I don't know how to refill the carts or the liquid I'm using isn't very good. I've even been able to get like 30 drops of liquid in the cart, and still no throat hit or vapor!

I want an e-cig that gives me a decent throat hit, lots of vapor, and I don't have to keep changing batts every 2 hours. I want to use carts that I can fill with juice. I don't care what it looks like.

Can any seasoned vaporer's give me their recommendations please! For the best 'e-cig' that will give me long batt life, decent throat hit, and lots of vapor. And the best suppliers and the best juice!

Thanks from a semi-newbie who doesn't want to go back to analogs!

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Something smells rotten in Denmark. Have you tried going back to a "pre-filled" cart since you started having issues? If not, could be an Atty issue, and nothing to do w/ your carts. Got to break it down logically, and work forward. Battery - Atty - Carts.

If your Atty is good, you didn't mention what kind of juice you are using either?

Tons of people here will try and help you, but as much detail as possible will help the cause.

Good luck in your efforts!

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

When I first got the 'e-cig' (about Oct 1st) I wanted something that looked like a cig. So, I started with the M-401 with auto batts. I haven't had an analog since I got my e-cig. But with the M-401, I didn't like that I had to change the batteries like every 2 hours. I didn't like that I couldn't seem to refill the carts so they'd last more than 4-5 puffs.

I quickly got over that I wanted my e-cig to look like a 'real cig' so I got the DSE-905. When I first got it, it was amazing! I loved the throat hit, excellent vapor! Batteries lasted like 6 hours! And I thought this is it! Awesome! But, once I started to fill the empty carts with liquid...major disappointment! I can't seem to get any throat hit, and no vapor is happening! The pre-filled carts that I got with the DSE-905 were really good. I bought like 10 boxes of empty carts so I could fill them with liquid, but something's not working!

It almost seems that the pre-filled carts that came with the DSE-905 worked really good, but now that I am trying to fill empty carts with liquid and use them...nothing is working good! I think its either that I don't know how to refill the carts or the liquid I'm using isn't very good. I've even been able to get like 30 drops of liquid in the cart, and still no throat hit or vapor!

I want an e-cig that gives me a decent throat hit, lots of vapor, and I don't have to keep changing batts every 2 hours. I want to use carts that I can fill with juice. I don't care what it looks like.

Can any seasoned vaporer's give me their recommendations please! For the best 'e-cig' that will give me long batt life, decent throat hit, and lots of vapor. And the best suppliers and the best juice!

Your not the only one and this looks like a manufacturers fault!! Just had another person ring in with a battery fault ... little different - one of his batteries will not turn off. Probably a bad batch, someone needs to get some QA in these factories to facilitate uniformity across the board man.
Over the past month and a half, I have heard nothing but little problems here and there. It would be nice if everything was tested and spec'ed before it is sent out. You know, still won't catch everything but I would say that this type of safety protocol is not being implimented, as there have been too many problems reported that could have been avoided.

My $0.02 worth, take it for what it is worth.
Tom

Last edited:

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Exactly why I asked if same issue with a "pre-filled" cart. May not be the cart that causing the issue... Gotta start w/ the Battery and work down stream, it's the logical flow of trouble shooting. Atty's can be bad out of the box also! Not a perfect world, that's why you want extra's of everything!
I got 3 mega bats, 8 atty's, USB pass-thru, and always vaping clouds, that way!

Last edited:

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I can't find the thread, but there is one listing changes on the DSE905 from v1 to v2. It was changes on sealing the unit, the switch and the wiring and contacts in the battery compartment.

Yes, I remember that post as well. I think it had to do with the ground wire in the casing having contact with the juice and blowing batteries. The user took the switch out, cleaned and resoldered the ground, and then used high temp RTV to insulate the backing of the switch before reinstalling it.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
thanks for the replies! I really don't care if I have to get something different than what I have been using. I just want something that will work, is dependable, the batts last a long time, the throat hit is decent, the vapor is awesome, and it tastes good! and suggetions?

Bartleby

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/43943-bartleby-pv-review-6.html#post732483

That last was some suggestions for what's needed but pop up to the first post there and watch the video and then read through that thread and see if the comments from people that have bought it, reflect what you want. I'm guessing that it does.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
the dse905 runs at the same voltage as the M401, i.e., 3.7volts. the 14500 batts can degrade over time, apparently a lot faster than the M401 batts. Lower voltage available equals less power to the attny equals less vapor/more flooding. Try new li-ion batteries.

the batting in the carts needs to be rinsed out frequently, replaced frequently. For whatever reason, there is just some part of eliquid that doesn't wick well and just sits there - batting also loses it's ability to wick, also causing the eliquid to sit there. So, you think you're out of liquid, go to top of the cart, and can only get a drop or two to go in. Check/replace the batting.

On a wall charger, I get 6+ hours out of M401 batts. If you're using a usb charger, you may not be getting a full charge on the M401.

TTRP

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Since you're having a similar problem with both PV's, I really of doubt it's a mechanical problem like the atty or battery. Sounds more to me like you're not refilling the carts properly. After refilling a cart, the cart stuffing should be almost level with the top of the cart. About 1mm lower then the top of the cart is perfect. That way the cart stuffing touches the wick, and allows the juice to flow. [FILLER material MUST touch metal wick]
If the cart stuffing/filler material doesn't make good contact with the wick, it will cause problems exactly like you are describing. The filler also shouldn't be packed into the cart to tightly, because it won't allow the juice to flow. A loose filler allows the juice to wick better. But if it's too loose, it will leak. Might take a little fussing to get it just right.

You can easily verify if this is the problem. Just drip 2 - 3 drops directly onto the atty wick, (no more then 3, and only 2 if using the 401). Use a mouthpiece only (no cartridge or stuffing), and try it now. If you can get between 5 - 10 hits this way, then it is definitely a cartridge problem, and is easily fixed as I mentioned above. Just make sure the cart filler is touching the wick.
Something else that always used to help me when I used my 401, was to always stand it upright between hits. Mouthpiece up/LED down. This way gravity helps the juice flow from the cart, into the atty. Don't leave it like this when not using it for a while.

Also as someone mentioned, you might not be charging your 401 batteries fully. They should last twice as long as you were getting, even with heavy vaping. When charging, it should take about 3 hours to fully charge a dead 401 battery using the AC adapter. Make sure the charger light is blinking when it's finished.

Also regarding the carts, you should check out the "Tips and Tricks" section for cart mods. Then check out the modders forum, under the "cartridge mods" sub section. You will probably at the very least, end up using a different filler material after reading up on the subject.

And if you haven't done it yet, read the first 2 stickies in the new members forum. One of them is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), and the other is an awesome 6 part article with really helpful info, and is a must read for all new vapors.

Last edited:

LifesATrip

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
Clearwater, FL
I dripped 3 drops on the atty and used just the mouthpiece. Still the same...very little throat hit and hardly any vapor. Used a fully charged battery too. I just got this DSE-905 like 2 weeks ago! Could the batteries be bad already? Also, the button has gotton stuck on by itself a couple of times, and the atty got so hot I burned my fingers trying to get it off. I'm so disappointed with this unit. At first I thought it was awesome, but now I'm not so sure! Did I like just throw $70 down the drain?

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I dripped 3 drops on the atty and used just the mouthpiece. Still the same...very little throat hit and hardly any vapor. Used a fully charged battery too. I just got this DSE-905 like 2 weeks ago! Could the batteries be bad already? Also, the button has gotton stuck on by itself a couple of times, and the atty got so hot I burned my fingers trying to get it off. I'm so disappointed with this unit. At first I thought it was awesome, but now I'm not so sure! Did I like just throw $70 down the drain?

You might have killed the atty when the button stuck. Try a new, or different atty. If you have a multimeter, check the ohms on the atty. Should be around 3 ohms. Also check the batteries. They should be about 4.2v after charging. Also make sure the atty isn't flooded. Blow it out to be sure, and try it again. Very important to make sure you take long, s-l-o-w, easy puffs. If you try and use it like it's a real cigarette, taking quick hard puffs, you'll get almost no vapor.

If all else fails, contact the supplier you bought it from and see if they'll replace it. If the button is sticking like you said, it's defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread