Need some guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubled1

Jan 26, 2017
I have been vaping for just over 6 weeks after giving up a 2 pk/day 42 year habit. I'm using an eGo AIO and I really love the little thing. I started with 12mg nicotine and used that for a couple weeks and I'm now using 6mg nicotine.

Now where I need guidance is in coil/atomizer choice. I am currently using 0.6 ohm with both a 50/50 and 80pg/20vg juices. Would I be better off buying some 0.5ohm coils to use with one or the other mixes or just stay with the 0.6's? I could care less about clouds I just want max flavor from my vaping with my eGo.

I'm not interested in upgrading/changing as I really like the ease of filling/charging this unit and I'm buying another for backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm not interested in upgrading/changing as I really like the ease of filling/charging this unit and I'm buying another for backup.

Welcome. Can you not buy another type of kit/mod/rig and have a choice? It's fine that you like the AIO but having messed around with Joyetech BF coils for about half a year I fear you are going to hit some problems somewhere down the line. Not like an upgrade, just a different option.

Anyway, in answer to your question, the resistance on these coils is everything when it comes to success. The 0.5ohm is the one that needs the most power to not flood and gurgle, consequently, I cannot recommend it over the 0.6ohm on your specific device. The higher resistance Clapton is also unsuited to the AIO.
If you are lucky enough to have this system working great then don't tempt fate and stick with what you have. I can assure you that moving down to the 0.5ohm (without a powerful-ish variable box mod) will have you tearing your hair out very soon.

Troubled1

Jan 26, 2017
Thanks @djsvapour for the fast reply. I'm sure I had seen/read somewhere that a 0.5ohm is better for liquids of a certain viscosity.
I accidentally dropped my eGo the other day and cracked the glass. I went to get a replacement and they were sold out. They gave me one of these until they got more eGos in stock

7e1ff97ade1d93beec389ce6601e8e54.jpg

I took it home and didn't even bother trying to use it. I drive a lot and vape even more. I don't want to disassemble the unit to charge or fill it up. I prefer the external charge plug and the small size of the eGo which fits nicely into a pen pocket on my work jacket.

Would a 70/30 juice yield better results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Great @Troubled1

The EMOW is an acceptable vape. Some people use it still because you can get the replacement heads pretty cheap these days. I bought some from China (Fasttech) and they came in at under $5 for 5.

($19.99 from one infamous US brand shop) :eek:

Not in the same league as AIO (vapes way more gently)....

Anyway, I'm glad you got the idea about the 0.5ohm coils. It's not really a viscosity thing, as I use different types of ratios from 50/50 to about 80% VG. They just suck up a lot of liquid and then gurgle away and spit and... well... generally unpleasant.

I have a few Claptons left and a lot of the 0.5ohm BF coils. I guess they will go in the 'for free' bin at Vapefest 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread