Times have changed... Need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
Hi All,

I relapsed to analogs for a while but I'm ready to start vaping again and get off of these smelly sticks.

I currently have an eGo-T (type A) 650mah setup with some extra parts and a stash of juice. I am looking to upgrade or bring my current equipment up to speed since it seems the industry has come a long way in my absence and my current setup is not working optimally... I need some guidance.

Some background info:
-I am comfortable with an eGo sized and shaped device. Not so much with the larger box mods. But I could go a bit bigger.
-I like the tank style systems. I do not like the older style cartridges with the polyfill.
-I am interested in VV and am curious about the eGo Twist and Twist C. What is the difference?
-I am willing to carry a small kit daily (one complete, an extra battery, an extra atomizer/carto/clearo/whatever, and juice)
-I am concerned with leaking since I tend to use darker colored juices and don't wear the cheapest clothing to work.
-I like cinnamon / menthol flavors. I hear Cinnamon tends to damage tanks???
-I do hope to be able to use my existing equipment as backup / emergency. But, I'm open to a completely new device if it's that much better.
-I am like a newbie again in the scene in terms of these devices. But pretty experienced with terminology, juice, nic levels etc.

Any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated!

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
You could try variable voltage. The eGo Twist is probably the least expensive way to try it. Genuine Joye eGo Twists come in 650 and 1000mah. Clones come in other mah. And your current stuff will work with them, as they are 510/eGo battery connections. They are longer than a standard eGo battery. Next up would be a lava tube, but they are noticeably larger than an eGo, and they are also variable voltage.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
The ego twist and the twist C are actually one and the same. It's the newer generation of egos that now come with better protection than the orignals did after that guy blew his face up with his homemade crappy mod. The twist is a great way to go, I have 2 of them. They do tend to break pretty easy from my experience though. I haven't had one last longer than a month or two, but that's just me. That's why I got my VAMO (see my avatar picture). It's VV and VW vaping, that has the 510/ego connector. There are plenty of similar devices out there though. This is just one of the many. You'll probably get a ton of posts saying "choose this, it's the bestest!" or "you should use this, it's way better than ANYTHING". But honestly, go with what makes you feel comfortable. There are TONS of posts out there just like yours. All you need to do is read :) Best of luck to you though, glad you decided to come back from the dark side.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
Which is newer? Twist or Twist C?

The ego twist and the twist C are actually one and the same. It's the newer generation of egos that now come with better protection than the orignals did after that guy blew his face up with his homemade crappy mod. The twist is a great way to go, I have 2 of them. They do tend to break pretty easy from my experience though. I haven't had one last longer than a month or two, but that's just me. That's why I got my VAMO (see my avatar picture). It's VV and VW vaping, that has the 510/ego connector. There are plenty of similar devices out there though. This is just one of the many. You'll probably get a ton of posts saying "choose this, it's the bestest!" or "you should use this, it's way better than ANYTHING". But honestly, go with what makes you feel comfortable. There are TONS of posts out there just like yours. All you need to do is read :) Best of luck to you though, glad you decided to come back from the dark side.

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
I do not have a local Vape store - at least not one with anything of quality.

Another option, if reading would be too much (and the MASS amount of information on here, I wouldn't blame you in the least), visit a local vape store if you have one. They should be able to show you some of the most popular products, that you can touch and sometimes taste. I'd start there personally.

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty set on a new Twist battery. But it's all the new tanks carts/cartos/clearos that have me confused. What should I put on top of a twist? I probably wont need more than 2ml. So nothing crazy big.

Kanger T3; Mini-Nova; rebuildable CE4/5. All hold from 1.8 to 2.5ml of juice. Google the names and you will see pics of each. You can not replace the drip tip on the T3, you can replace the tip on the Nova and CE4/5.

trevorsdad

Sep 19, 2012
Kentucky
To give personal experience here. I have the eGo Twist with a 2.0ml ViVi Nova in my hand right now with some cinnamon red hots in it. These seem to handle the cinnamon very well. They don't discolor or crack so far. I have been using the same one for 2 months now. I will say that I have to clean the heads more often with the cinnamon in it than I do in the with other Novas I use with different flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread