Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromisfit999

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
misfitizzle.deviantart.com
Well I received my Bloog Samplers today, with a few flavors I haven't tried yet. Going to review them one by one, and maybe I'll come back after vaping them for a while for a revamped review.

Well I was particularly happy for the 555 so we will start with that.

555: smelled just like burnt popcorn out of the package. Before I even popped it out I could smell it. Unlike my previous review I am going to vape these while reviewing... I don't have a video camera so I can't do it video wise, but here it goes. The first puff off my new green battery, tasted very much like a burnt popcorn, peanut butter, with a sweetened inhale. The taste was almost unbearable upon the first puff, but the I never judge a cart by the first puff... Let's see. Very good throat hit, with lots and lots of vapor. Upon vaping the burnt popcorn flavor went away, and more so the peanut butter, kind of dry taste, with a hint of almost a caramel corn sweet popcorn taste. Kettle Corn! A kettle corn undertone. Overall not the best flavor I've had, but like the Gourmet Vapor juice, it may grow on me. Being primarily a minty vape loving kind've guy I'm trying to simply take my head of of the box. One thing I noticed, unlike any other cart flavor, I can smell the exhale of this vibrantly. I can see how it could attract people 100%.

For Frick
: The Gourmet Vapors 555 black label tastes nothing like this what so ever. Not even in the same ballpark flavor wise. Save your money if the Bloog 555 is really what your going for. Don't get me wrong the Gourmet Vapor 555 was tasty, but not even the same flavor at all.

Vapor Production: 5/5
Throat Hit: 4/5
Flavor:
4/5

Ok moving along.

Kamel
: This one is a very hard one to describe. Has a spiced pepper taste to it. Enjoyable, but flavor wise I cannot put my finger on what it tastes like. I want to note I can smell the 555 carto sitting next to me. Vapor production is slightly less than the 555, but it has the bite and TH of an analog more so. I cannot describe this flavor for the life of me. Black Pepper is all I can think of, but it's not an unenjoyable sneezy pepper taste.

Vapor Production: 3/5
Flavor: 3/5 only because I can't figure out what the darn thing tastes like!

RED:
Was not expecting much from this, as it is said to be the most full flavor analog like of them all. Upon first drag, another I couldn't put a flavor to. Taste and throat hit are similar to that of a light cigarette. Has kind of a chocolatey undertone upon exhale. Also like the 555 has a kind've sweet inhale. Vapor Production similar to the Kamel. I'll come back to this one and reiterate.

Vapor Production: 4/5
Throat Hit: 3/5
Flavor:
4/5

RY4:
Probably one of my favorite vapes from Bloog, but I was in the unlucky group of people that got the batch of defectives. I was fairly excited to take a puff a non-defective one to see the difference. Upon first inhale I noticed a great difference. Much more vapor production, flavor, and Throat hit. This flavor is a tough one to put down on paper, so I'll do a word vomit sentence to describe it. Cotton Candy,tobacco, caramel nutty undertone, somewhat spiced exhale of pure unadulterated glory blended into one great flavor. First one I'll give a 5 out of 5. I'd vape this stuff next to menthol all day on and off If it were readily available.

Throat Hit: 5/5
Flavor: 5/5

Menthol:
My absolute favorite vape from Bloog. I must state this tastes nothing like an analog, maybe a marlboro smooth. Very minty menthol flavor, Refreshing exhale, with a wonderful throat hit. I absolutely love these cartos. The only thing I've noticed is that last the least as long, maybe because I vape them till they are done, but The last me about a day and a half tops (about what a pack of smokes would last so no complaints). Short review because this is the most straight forward vape

Flavor: 5/5

On to the Non-Tobacco samplers... Getting nicccccccccccceeeedddd outttttttt... :p

Coffee: This is the first I'll be reviewing, and a three-way tie between the ones I'm most wanting to try in the non-tobacco flavors. Upon smelling the carto(first thing I do before vaping it) It's gonna a coffee creamer smell to it. So here goes nothing. First inhale not very coffee like, more of a hazelnut taste. Second inhale very same flavor. Hazelnut coffee flavor with a hint of cream. Very smooth vape with a minimal throat hit. Could easily hit the cut off on this. I feel like this is lacking a bit, was expecting to be smacked in the face with coffee beans a little, but overall it's not terrible. Good vapor production, as always. I will note that this vape, although lacking in flavor a bit, would absolutely be a wonderful vape with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.

Throat Hit: 2/5
Flavor: 3/5

Mint:
Yet another I was excited for. Being a menthol fan I feel as long as this one didn't taste like mouthwash we'd be in good shape. Initial first inhale, similar to the menthol with a milder minty taste. Upon exhale I feel like there is something else, let me take another little puff. Almost a hint of mild chocolate on the exhale. Overall this produces a ton of vapor, slightly less throat hit than that of the menthol carts, but a very pleasant light experience. Would be great for those days that the throat doesn't feel so great. Overall very good. Not spearmint, but mint.

Flavor: 4/5

WaterMelon:
The third in the three-way tie that I was excited for. Upon smelling the carto it smelled like a watermelon jolly rancher. Upon first inhale I got just that, a mouthful of cloudy jolly rancher. Very sweet watermelon flavor. Not overpowering, and not quite what I expected. Interesting, and very candy like. I can almost feel the cavities heh. Good vapor production, Mild-good throat hit. Definitely not an all day vape, but I can see myself taking a few puffs to change things up. I would say that this one could use a little flavor improvement. Maybe add some other fruity undertones to it, to bring it out a bit more, and make me go wow.

Flavor: 3/5

Chocolate: The first essence of this was almost like the Andy's Mint From Gourmet Vapors. Almost like a baking cocoa smell, not the instant cocoa you make, but the cocoa you use to cook with. Upon first inhale this reminded me much of the vanilla from Bloog. Nothing really desirable, almost the taste of how blowing out a candle smells, but less harsh. I'll give it another go. A little more chocolate coming through, with a chocolatey exhale moreso than the inhale. I feel like adding a bit of this to the coffee flavored carts would go quite a distance, but I'm simply not partial to this one at the moment. I feel like this may not be Bloog at fault here though, so I don't want to take any unnecessary stabs. Chocolate alone just doesn't seem to be a good vape flavor. Will I vape this? If I run out of everything else yet, but overall this is just not for me. Everyone's taste buds vary greatly, so others may love this, but It really just didn't spark my vaping pleasure sensors. OK now I'm just making things up heh.

Flavor:
2/5

Brief Summary to a long post:
Being as I have tried all of the Bloog cartos now except cherry, I feel like Bloog is an exceptional company. Their attention to detail makes each flavor a decent vaping experience. The 555 is a nutty blend with a kettle corn undertone. The Kamel has a peppery tobacco flavor with the most bite like an analog. The RY4 has a cotton candy, sweet, nutty, caramel flavored tobacco flavor. The Red is a tough one to describe, but has a light tobacco analog flavor. The menthol is a very minty non-analog like flavor, but very satisfying. The mint is similar to the menthol in flavoring, but has a different appeal, and a milder throat hit. The coffee is more of a hazelnut flavor, and could use a bit more of a coffee kick. The watermelon is the most candy like, sweetest, and least likely to be an all day vape for me next to the vanilla carts. The grape is my favorite of the fruity flavors, a grape cool-aid flavor, that is satisfying. The chocolate lacks in flavor, but I feel like adding coffee, or creamy juice to it would kick it up greatly. The apple carts are very much like an apple pie taste, sweet, flavorful, but not an all day vape. The vanilla is by far the worst carto I have tried, little to no vape, candle like, no throat hit really at all, but some rave over it. Over all some really solid flavors, some that can use improvement, and, well, some that I am just not that interested in. Hope you in enjoyed the review, I reviewed to the best my tastes buds would allow.(Keep in mind I'm still on analogs.) So in closing. My favorite carts include the menthol, the mint, the RY4, and the grape. Least favorite carts include the vanilla and the chocolate, with all the others carto's falling into the category of "casual vape worthy." Thank you guys for having a read, and I hope this can pose as a helpful post within helping you to find the vape you most strive for. Cheers:toast:

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Nice review, zero. Thanks for the 555 review. I've tried a great many, and while I know people say the Bloog 555 is very nutty, what I like about it is that 'smoky' exhale. It's a great analog-replacement, to my taste. Someone (probably Gardner of analog) said that some flavors feel like "you could chew them". That's the best description I've heard of what I like about the juices I like. Heavy exhale flavor, and a certain dry smokiness.

Nicely written review. I agree with n00b, either write a followup in a while or just amend this post with your evolving tastes.

zeromisfit999

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
Yeah the 555 of Gourmet Vapors honestly doesn't taste remotely close. It has that sense of smokiness about it, but it more so reminds me of a liquorice rum or whiskey flavor... It's an interesting one. I'm vaping back and fourth to see which ones change, as they often do throughout the carto.. the coffee one is good but very mouth drying, as is the kamel. the peppery flavor went away on the camel, now it just tastes like an odd tobacco.

zeromisfit999

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
Glad I could convince you to step away from the menthol a bit. RY4 is definitely my favorite non menthol flavor at this moment. I enjoy mixing a little Nuport juice with the menthol carts just for a little more kick, and today mainly vaped menthol, 555(trying to let it grow on me), and mint. I noticed mint is a nice step away from menthol towards the end of the night in the respect that it doesn't hurt the throat quite as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread