Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Gummy Bear, help me!!!

Well, I'm such a trash picker, I'm ashamed of myself. My wife was cleaning out our junk drawer and found an old dollar-store personal FM stereo radio in a pile of stuff to trash. I said "Can I have this?"

Well, my modumust syndrome kicked in. The result is possibly the first FM Radio / PV combo. I rewired it so it would run on one 10440 instead of the original two-AAA configuration. It had a built-in little flashlight. The light bulb went bye-bye and was replaced with a 510 connector.

To vape, you press the "light" button. The radio itself is fully functional, I am sitting here listening to the hits of the 70's and 80's. "What Honey? I can't hear you, sorry!" (smile and wave)

Cost: ZERO (well, 99 cents if you count the 510 connector which I already had in my parts bin)

Think I'll call it "The FM Stick" or something like that. Maybe I'll take it to the pool, will give me something to listen to while I vape.

Looks stock, huh?

Here I am, rocking away

I need a hit

brewsterfrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
love it! ive been toying around with adding an old 2gig walkman to a PV just havent figured out the battery configuration i want to use. the walkman charges an internal 3.7v li-ion batt. but have been thinking about wiring it straight the the batt connectors for a 14500 and just removing the battery to charge it (using 14500 for both PV and mp3). i know you can use a cell phone batt. on an mp3 as i had one with a dead batt and made a pack for it and it is still going strong after a year, so i dont think there would be much diff using a 14500. let me know your thoughts

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
love it! ive been toying around with adding an old 2gig walkman to a PV just havent figured out the battery configuration i want to use. the walkman charges an internal 3.7v li-ion batt. but have been thinking about wiring it straight the the batt connectors for a 14500 and just removing the battery to charge it (using 14500 for both PV and mp3). i know you can use a cell phone batt. on an mp3 as i had one with a dead batt and made a pack for it and it is still going strong after a year, so i dont think there would be much diff using a 14500. let me know your thoughts

Sounds really cool. Yes, it should work. One other thought ... the walkman charges from a usb port, doesn't it? Perhaps you can remove the internal walkman batt, and wire it so you can use the internal walkman charger to recharge your 14500. I know it will be a lower charging current, but nothing wrong with that, kinda like using a trickle charger on your car. Takes longer, but as long as it's a charger for 3.7v batt, it just may work.

Ya .. just plug your mod into your computer to charge over night .. has possibilities.

Hey guys and girls, am I completely off-track here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread