My latest mod, inspired by all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case scenario is you're out of 3$, with el-cheapo stuff like that I tend to always monitor the stuff when it's charging...

I'd suggest a metal box and a quick-blow fuse.

btw- you'd need 3 power diodes in series to drop by 1v. At least one is required to make sure current can only go from charger to battery and not the reverse.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
:oops: I'm afraid to try it, so for now I'll just slobber all over the ones I see here for my geekgasms:lol:

I'm an end user, but I use them well~_*

What do you have to lose? The worst that happens is you get a few cuts, maybe a burn or two, and you waste about $15. At best, you could have a really cool box to dip your wick into and maybe even catch the modders' bug and start making really creative fun stuff. You CAN do this. You really can.

NomasTomas

Apr 22, 2009
Round Rock
OK.. finally got the batteries in from BatteryJunction. This this works just as well as - if not better - than a regular battery made for the 901! Thanks again Nico! If it weren't for this, I would have had to find another hobby. I also got the battery boxes in from BatterySpace and will be making a few for people at work. (I work at Dell and they've recently enacted a tobacco-free campus policy)

And for all the other people waiting to do this.. stop waiting.

This type of LED is the sort used in standard e-cigs and nearly impossible to use in a mod.

If buying on line, best to get a bundle, such as this:

LEDsales. LEDs, nixies and other cool stuff. - Standard brightness LED grab bag

200 assorted LEDS - various sizes and colors - $7 :)

cart.php

Order a buch of 100 ohm resistors too (1/4 Watt).

ps: ordered your parts yet prr2freya ??

Last edited:

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread