• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My opinion on the best "starter kit" you can offer for a "New Vaper"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonXIII

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
North Alabama
www.myclassicvw.com
Hello All,

I wanted to share this quick story.
I felt that for anyone wanting to introduce vaping to an analog smoker, that this package would have a very good chance to provide a good and positive experience to a first time vaper.

I have a son-in-law attending a college with a ban on smoking on the campus.
As a smoker he couldn't even smoke in his car out in the parking lot.
So for Christmas I gave him a LEO "Starter Kit" to solve his dilemma.

I had recently ordered a spare LEO PT Manual battery and a few packs of DC LR Cartos.
I already had a USB charge cord from an old cell phone.
So I bundled the cord, battery, some juice and some cartos for a "Starter Kit" as a Christmas gift.
All of the stuff cost about $30

He loved it. He has not switched completely to vaping but at least he has a way to get around the problem.
(My thoughts are that he is not attempting to quit analogs so ...)

So for anyone wanting to share the vaping experience for around $30 this is a great package,
I think the battery life, Time between charges, VTF and simplicity makes it a good choice.

Later I found this bundle at Ecig Arsenal for about the same cost as the bundle I put together,
boge leo cartomizer starter kit

Just thought I'd share that.
Thanks
I Love My LEO
Steve J

Last edited:

DragonXIII

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
North Alabama
www.myclassicvw.com
I hear ya Foxman,
I started from day one with the LEO and have not used anything else.
So I may be a tiny bit biased. ;)
But I have done a lot of reading and watching of reviews and feel fairly well versed in what is out there.
And yes by all means, there are great or probably better alternatives.

But just my experience with the LEO is what I can see as a good starter setup for someone who is new to vaping.
I like the Reliability and Simplicity this style of rig offers.

I'm sure an EGO battery and Carto rig would be just as good.
And yes there are a variety of directions one can go after the initial "Starter Kit" stage.

But I think a LEO as a starter setup has a tiny edge in the reliability, Battery life, Vape time between charges, and Volume of juice held in the DC/LR carto.
But the cost of the LEO battery and cartos may be a bit higher on average.

But in the end, if it is the intent to start a New Vaper out on something that will not disappoint them and not give a bad first impression to vaping then I think it is something I could recommend with confidence.

Thx
Steve J

BamaGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Gadsden, Alabama
I'd suggest a KGO from Hoosier e-cig supply. He has the new kits with silver trim and many new colors. If you read about the battery ability with 1.5's I think you'd pick one over the eGo. I love 1.5 ohm stuff and they have really seemed to slowly kill my eGos off. KGOs are supposed to be fine with 1.5 ohms. Mine is on the way! Brent has the best one on one customer service I have seen so far. I'm sick of filing tickets with places that don't have time to deal directly with a problem too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread