Which starter kit to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmalezic

Sep 1, 2012
Zagreb
Hello, my first post here from Croatia.

Well as topic says I am interested to get rid off analog cigarettes and try some ecigs. But as long as I read every day I get lost and lost. I am trying for 2 weeks now to buy some starter kit but cant decide witch one after I am reading so much reviews and experiences. I am smoking 1 pack a day.

So models I found are: V2 ( my friend has one and he said he is happy but i didnt try), eGo-T, eGo-c, boge leo, innokin leo pro and thats it.

So I would like some setup that is good and that I can use and be happy from begiining.

Thank you on your eventual response!

Best regards,

Domagoj

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
If you are interested in a kit for cheap that is a step up from the usual. this is a great one. It's one of the better Lava Tubes (Young June). Unlike the e-go's it's not a disposable unit. The batteries last all day, rechargeable of course and replaceable when they do eventually quit.

MODS - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store

Add a vivi nova from got vapes and you will be vaping all day long without having to change a thing. No this isn't a "beginners" setup. But it's not rocket science and this will save you going through cheaper stuff when this is where you will most likely end up anyway. I Wish these had been available when I started and I also wish more people would suggest skipping the beginner stuff when you can buy a much better option for not much more.

Good luck.

Ps the Vivi Nova tank can be rebuilt over and over for very little cost.

GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $10.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. If you're looking for a cig sized PV the best one out there right now is the Volt:
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette
They prolly have the best customer service in the industry and have a large and loyal following. They are also an ECF listed vendor.
After you receive your Volt post your pic here for a freebie:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-your-freebie-faces-volt-smokeless-image.html
and last but not least a great sale....

LABOR DAY SALE - 22% Off!
This Labor Day for those that are working and those that are lucky for the day off, we're celebrating here at Smokeless Image by running a 22% Off Sale!

COUPON CODE: LABRDY12
Please Note: 22% OFF everything that we have in stock is valid from Friday, August 31st until end of day September 3rd @ 11:59 PM EST!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
You're gonna get about as many opinions in here as you are from just reading the forums! My opinion is gonna lean on the Ego-C side, but I'm biased it's what I started really vaping with.

Lavatubes are leh awesomé. I haven't used the young jun personally, but the big battery and vv is great.

I will say: Get the vivi nova. They're relatively hassle free and perform wonderfully (VV helps with the higher res heads it comes with).

If your friend has a V2 you should pop over and try it out. There's nothing better than first hand experience, vaping is a personal thing, nobody will know exactly what your ideal vape is but you. I've spent a decent chunk on kit that ended up being leh meh purely because I didn't have a chance to try it first.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Hi again, thank you on your replies. I just ordered Volt Premium kit and few accesories with discount (LABRDY12) for 110 $ with shipping. I really cant wait to get it and taste it. I must say I am pretty satisfied with price as here in Croatia V2 standard set is 110 $ which is way too much.

Best regards

In case you didn't know, there is a Smokeless Image sub forum. There is a thread where you can download your photo with your face and Volt product in it and you will get a free battery or there are two other items that you can choose from. Also, it's a nice forum. Drop in and say hi:)

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
I'd say eGo C 650 starter kit twists if you can get them these are a great ecig you will get the most out of in the beginning without being too big, over complex and have a great battery life they are also a great backup for when you progress to a decent mod if you choose to... Many users get the mini ecig 510 type and soon after get an eGo so you can skip that purchase and go straight to it... just my 2c

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
I see that you ordered the VOLT, that kit should treat you right until you are ready to move to something else. And depending on your experience with it and your behavior in taking up a new hobby, let's face it - we're here because most of us treat eCigs as a hobby and a way to stop using the stinkies, the VOLTs will last you a long time.

Now if you are still 'WANTING' after using the VOLT For awhile I would suggest getting into a Bigger Battery. Most people will say Joyetech eGo of some size battery, 650/900/1000/1100/-18650-MOD/TWIST what have you, and for the most part they would be right.

The eGo provides two Connector Options. The Connection Options are the 510 in the Center of the Battery where the Positive Post is located, and then the eGo threaded skirt on the outside of the center's 510 connection. This gives you two options in choosing what you can buy. An uneducated guesstimization on the percentages of all the Batteries on the market that use either the 510 or the eGo connectors would probably be over 80% of total share. So you cannot go wrong with a Joyetech eGo. As usual there are about 14 million companies that make Knock-Offs of eGo batteries since all this stuff is made in China.

When you are ready to move to an eGo, for instance - you don't have to buy an eGo, do not buy a Joyetech eGo-Ts/Cs starter kits. The eGo-Ts are notorious for Leaking after a good week of use. That is what happened to me and no matter if I put a Brand New TANK and Rubber Plastic cover on the bottom of the TANK; after I took the first or second drag off of the eGo it would ALWAYS Flood the Coil which was very frustrating. Also the cost of the Coils for the C are usually around $20 for a Five Pack. Which for this eCig industry and literally everything being made in China $20 for 5 coils IS OVER-PRICED.

But, you can piece together your kit. There are vendors out there that have their own styled kits of eGos where you will get a few Vision Stardust CE4+s with replaceable heads for instance and may be a bottle of two of juice and charger for USB and Wall converter. Nobody ever really sticks to Joyetech offerings beyond just having the Batteries.

Right now you can get some eGo Twist Knock-Offs for less than $20 a piece, well $19.99. For instance:

eGo C Twist Variable Voltage Stainless

Two of those should get you going on the eGo side of things very nicely - and being able to adjust the voltage to suit whatever juice you are vaping is a HUGE Plus.

Then of course you will need a charger for these:

eGo Chargers

Oddly they don't have a USB to WALL converter in the lot. Shouldn't be any more than four or five dollars US! But since you are in Europe you won't be using an American Wall Outlet.

Lastly If you could afford it too, and if this were me, I would get the Two Twist and then one of those Lava-Tube/Lambo Knock-Offs already listed. Their Variable Voltage has a greater range and the device is adjustable in .1 Volt increments. The Twist is only Adjustable in .2 Volt Increments and doesn't go any higher than 4.8 Volts which is more than enough for most of us using the right ohms on our Attys, Clearos, Cartos, Tanks and whatever.

If you do get a Lave-Tube/Lambo don't make things more complicated before you know what you are doing or are comfortable doing it. So anything with an actual 'REAL' Rebuildable Atomizer should be avoided. Speaking of the devices where you actually buy wire an wick to wind your own Atomizers. Don't let that get you confused withe the Vendors who advertise the Stardust CE4s and Kanger T2s as being Rebuildable. They actually have replaceable HEADS and Changeable Coils. Sometimes in the title of the Products they will be listed as say "KANGER T2 CC". Which means you get to keep everything and you only need to change out the Head or Coil, which are the same unit.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Yup, for the price the Twist are game changers, or so Grimm Green said. I concur with him on that subject. And the price for them is perfect. I don't mind too much if I'm at work, as if I did work right now, and I just happen to break one somehow. It only cost around $20 so so-what right?

Now that I'm going to go out and buy a Provari or Darwin and take it to work with me - well if I was in an office by myself and behind closed doors which I am sometimes because I work tech support and have to keep my tools and equipment and computers behind lock and key. But with that works comes with it a lot of moving around in and around and under desk for instance so I wouldn't carry anything more than $20 in value since I wouldn't want to break any expensive piece.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I see that you ordered the VOLT, that kit should treat you right until you are ready to move to something else. And depending on your experience with it and your behavior in taking up a new hobby, let's face it - we're here because most of us treat eCigs as a hobby and a way to stop using the stinkies, the VOLTs will last you a long time.

Now if you are still 'WANTING' after using the VOLT For awhile I would suggest getting into a Bigger Battery.

He could just get a Volt X2 - 650, 900 or 1300 mah. And add a T3 from SI . :)

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
dmalezic, welcome to ECF and to Voltville soon, too!

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Smokeless Image Volt, I still use them myself. I use both the 65mm and 78mm "mini" batteries as well as their step up X2 batteries. When you get your 5 posts, please be sure to stop in down on the Smokeless Image subforum and say hi to everyone. There will be a lot of good info and folks to help you out. Definitely hit the newbie thread, the chit chat thread, and the Faces of Volt thread once you get your kit so you can also snatch up a freebie 78mm battery, too.

Looking forward to seeing you forever off tobacco cigarettes!

Herb396

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
NJ
Been there and know what you mean about the overload of info. Tried the Volt and not fully happy with it. After weeks of sorting thru, if I had to do it all over agian, I'd go with this. KGO kit1100mAh by SLB and grab a few extrx clearomizers. Then pic up some juice from Vape Dudes The Best eJuice - VapeDudes.com - Hand-Crafted Gourmet & Organic - 100% USA Ingredients. You can get about 4 or 5 small size flavors for a few bucks, plus they have 40% discount on ur first purchace. I suggest the Ice/Ice, it is nice and cool and not too strong on the flavor,,a good start for me.

Last edited:
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread