Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Looks to me like you got a flawed top cap that wasn't machined correctly. As to juice on the center pin in the connector, that wouldn't make a difference as the cap is sealed. That's why they don't have an adjustable pin. There does seem to be more duds on the market now, but not sure if that's to speak of the QC or just people talking about the flawed ones more. Contact ProVape, you'll have a replacement in under a week.

Bochawa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Naples, Italy
At least you have a backup. I placed my order on the 18th and at the earliest I will have it on the 31st. That's what I get for living overseas huh? Local shops are charging the $253 for a provari, and that's not even a starter kit! Add another 30 for the mini. Robbery! Monday isn't that far away..... I've been on this eCom for five weeks now, what's another couple days?

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
This is the second time this week that someone has had this problem. Hmmmmmmm...

Can't help but wonder....The Black/Red Hybrid v2.5 I'm getting as a gift, that I know nothing about :D, was ordered on 03/20 and received on 03/25. One day before this thread was started. Hopefully not a "bad batch" running around. :unsure:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I could be wrong, which isn't uncommon, but I seem to recall someone else got a new ProVari and it has slots. There were subsequent posts debating if it was for improved airflow. When I read it I went to the ProVape site, but didn't see any slots in the pictures or any mention of them. I just now checked Google/Images and found zip. Hmmm... I wish I could find the thread.

ETA: Never mind. I should have read the previous posts more closely.

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I bought a mini 2-3 weeks ago and it has the 'new' topcap design. I also noticed the positive contact on the board was different, too; a shiney rectangle, not the round post on my Satin Blue.
April 1, 2014
E-Cig News Update :
New and exciting re-design changes keep cost down but prove to be problematic. Provape decides to out source to China to avoid Washington State E-Cig tax.....

I will keep my "Made in the USA" Provari V2.5 as they will no longer be produced...

Last edited:

tiffany7278

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Chicago
April 1, 2014
E-Cig News Update :
New and exciting re-design changes keep cost down but prove to be problematic. Provape decides to out source to China to avoid Washington State E-Cig tax.....

I will keep my "Made in the USA" Provari V2.5 as they will no longer be produced...

Wow, that's sad! That was a major make or break in my decision to buy one, made in the USA!
I will also be keeping my V2.5.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
April 1, 2014
E-Cig News Update :

I believe nothing on April first ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just opened the box with my new Satin Stainless Steel Provari. It does not work :(

I took it out of the box and put a fresh battery in it. The first thing I did was run it to Cb to check the battery. It showed 4.2 and then showed 4.1 and the screen started flickering a little bit. I took the IBTanked off my other Provari and put it on the new one. The tank I was using was green and I wanted it on the green Provari :) Nothing happened. I tried again, still nothing. I took the battery out and put in the battery from my Blue Provari. Nothing. I took the end cap off of my Blue and tried that on the Green. Nothing.

Nothing is showing on the screen so there is no error message to report. The LED light flashes and that is all that is happening.

I took the battery out and put it in again. I was able to check the battery with the IBTanked on it. But again the screen flickered when I did that. It bounced from 4.1 to 4.2 to 4.1. After the battery check all that happens when I push the button is the LED flashing rapidly at me.

I know it is not the battery or the tank because I can swap from Green to Blue and everything is fine on Ole Blue.

One note, The top of the device is different between the two. Ole Blue, which I bought from a local store, has a smooth top on it. Green has 4 cuts in the top that you can feel running your finger over the top but you can't see from the sides.

My backup is going back :(

Hi COHgirl. Wanted to be sure you were able to get this resolved. If not, please PM me as this should not be happening. Also, the new caps that just started coming out are the ones with the slots to allow for better airflow :)

Sandylp

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
California
www.sandyp.com
My white mini, ordered on 3/23, shipped on 3/24 and received on 3/26, also has the little notches on top. Fortunately, I didn't have a problem with it, but would also like to know if the replacement for the defective stainless steel Provari was received and is working. I just ordered another regular size Provari yesterday, and it has been shipped already. Hope it works!!:)

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
Hi COHgirl. Wanted to be sure you were able to get this resolved. If not, please PM me as this should not be happening. Also, the new caps that just started coming out are the ones with the slots to allow for better airflow :)

My return was received at ProVape today so it shouldn't be too much longer to get the replacement! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread