Movie Quiz 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
My great uncle won the two of us tickets at some silent charity auction, and I got to see #1 at its big glitzy grand opening at the El Capitan Theatre- red carpet, its stars and voice actors in attendance, flashbulbs popping, Entertainment Tonight - when I was 8 years old; still have the photo of me with its non-animated male lead. My uncle got his most cherished autograph of all time (I'll tell who later). Sure, those are super cheesy affairs, but it was grand for an 8 year old...thanks for indulging a little nostalgia:closedeyes:.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
More hints because, why not!? :D

#5: This movie was Quentin Tarantino's half of 2007's Grindhouse double-feature, and its title describes the stunt car used as a murder weapon by psychopathic Stuntman Mike, (played by Kurt Russell).

#6:Holiday ro-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oad, holiday ro-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oad... ♫♪

#7: Clint Eastwood produced, directed, and starred in this 2008 drama. The plot only peripherally concerns his gruff character's prized 1972 Ford vehicle, but it's that car that gives the movie its name.

#8: Morris Buttermaker, alcoholic swimming pool cleaner, is reluctantly coerced into the role of Little League baseball coach. He recruits Tatum O'neal's character, the daughter of one of Buttermaker's ex-girlfriends, to be the team's ace pitcher.

My great uncle won the two of us tickets at some silent charity auction, and I got to see #1 at its big glitzy grand opening at the El Capitan Theatre- red carpet, its stars and voice actors in attendance, flashbulbs popping, Entertainment Tonight - when I was 8 years old; still have the photo of me with its non-animated male lead. My uncle got his most cherished autograph of all time (I'll tell who later). Sure, those are super cheesy affairs, but it was grand for an 8 year old...thanks for indulging a little nostalgia:closedeyes:.
Damn, becky, you're just a kid!! But, your story is definitely cool. :thumb:

Now, get the hell off my lawn! :p

Quiz image copied below for easy page 3 access:

movie-quiz_76.jpg

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Since Gramps:p has given some pretty generous clues, I feel okay adding that that dream autograph that my great uncle nabbed was from the one and only Mel Blanc *swoon, fall over*, just one year before that incredible man passed away. Don't know why we didn't snap a photo with him. I've been to a number of movie grand openings since that first one, but it still ranks at #1, largely because my uncle was just on cloud nine:closedeyes:.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Coolio...wow I just hadn't heard that word for a really long time (bet it's still all the rage in Canada, considering that's about your pop culture lag time up there) :p!

coolio.jpg

He must have just used the latest, greatest RBA with a seriously sub-ohm coil, huh? :facepalm:

But, yeah, this was a lot of fun, caff! Next time you do it, feel free to pimp it more than once in the song thread, and I bet your peeps in funny pics would like it, too. I'll mention it in a couple of my pet threads next time, as well, because who doesn't like a movie quiz?? Thanks, again!

PS - I had no intention of seeing Gran Turino (think it'll be harder to get into after the chair performance:facepalm:). Is it a good one?

Last edited:

kelli

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2013
cocoon of lunacy
Well, I'm definitely pretty pleased with the response to this latest movie quiz. So, I think I'll plan on putting together a new one, and posting it at some point in the next few days. Or next weekend, at the latest.

Thanks very much to everyone for playing! :toast:

thanks, hun....maybe i will do better next time :p

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
I had no intention of seeing Gran Turino (think it'll be harder to get into after the chair performance:facepalm:). Is it a good one?
Well, I definitely enjoyed it. It was a little bit different from what I expected, and as a result it was also a little less predictable.

And that's always a good thing. :)

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
Well, I definitely enjoyed it. It was a little bit different from what I expected, and as a result it was also a little less predictable.

And that's always a good thing. :)

I'd have to say it's probably in my top 10 all time favorites. I really enjoyed it a lot and have seen it probably 8-10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread