Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
It's movie quiz time!

I've got another themed quiz for you this week: Movies About High School. Simple enough, no?

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck, and happy Friday! :vapor:

movie-quiz_67.jpg

As usual, I'll post the answers Sunday morning-ish.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
I know all but #1 and #8....yay! I usually don't post because I only know one or two of them!! :)
When I see all the thread views the quiz gets, but always with such limited participation, I often wonder if the view number is so high because the same 8 or 10 people keep checking in.

So, thanks for chiming in this week! You're welcomed to do so any time! :)

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hint-o-rama!

#1: Pedro, who's got a sweet bike and is the only guy in school who has a mustache, is running for class president. His pre-election speech is short and to the point: "If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true."

#2: The U.S. History teacher in this movie, Mr. Hand, refers to classtime as "my time." Student/stoner Jeff Spicoli has a pizza delivered during class, figuring, "If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time?"

#5: That's Cameron in the screenshot. He's on the phone with Mr. Rooney, his principal, and he's impersonating Mr. Peterson calling to get his daughter, Sloane, released early from school. They'll both be enjoying a day off with the movie's title character, who is actually not the Sausage King of Chicago.

#7: Thirteen years after movie #5 came out, the actor who played that movie's title character plays a teacher in this film. He harbors a lot of personal anger towards student Tracy Flick, and vows to prevent her from being elected as class president even though she's running unopposed.

Hope these help! :)

movie-quiz_67.jpg

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    More hints if you need 'em:

1. At Rex Kwan Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!
    2. Sidney Poitier is the new teacher assigned to teach a bunch of tough British students from broken homes. He teaches them about responsibility and respect.
    3. People on 'ludes should not drive. - Jeff Spicoli
    4. Weird loner with a jeeberwacky mother and telekinetic powers causes havoc at the prom when an elaborate prank involving a bucket of pigs blood getting dumped on her sets her off.
    5. Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Cameron Frye, this one's for you.
      ♫ Danke Schoen, darling Danke Schoen. Thank you for all the joy and pain. ♫
    6. Winona Ryder is part of a clique that includes three other girls (who have the same name) who are hated and feared in the school. When Winona wants out, Christian Slater is the sociopathic friend who helps her by staging pranks on the d--kish kids that end tragically.
    7. Reese Witherspoon is a vindictive, overachieving student who ruined the marriage and career of a teacher. Matthew Broderick is a teacher and friend of the disgraced teacher who's determined to undermine Reese's campaign for student president.
    8. Chris "Wun, you wascal wabbit" Makepeace is the new kid at school who's bullied by a young Matt Damon. He befriends Adam Baldwin, a big loner, for protection and bond over a motorcycle that needs fixing.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2010
    NH
    Well, I was out of town last week & missed this quiz, so had to go back & look at it. Dang, I actually knew ALL of them too! First time!
    Well, congrats anyway! :D

Aside from Election, which didn't exactly shatter box office records, and My Bodyguard, (equally obscure, if not more so), I figured this might be a pretty easy quiz.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread