• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Montréal Vape Meet #8 APRIL 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
For anyone who has the maxi (or maybe even the line), I found out that my maxi drain my battery much faster than if I were to use a clearo ce2 or ego vision. My 3100 mAh battery used to last almost 2 days, now it's more like 1 day, half the time before it reach 3.6 volts.

And no I dont think I'm vaping more... well maybe, the maxi is just awesome, but I sure am not vaping 2x more!

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Lucky you, i redone my coil 5 times up to now and always damn hot spots, and I also noticed my battery drains real quick either on LT or Omega!

I'm not enjoying it as much as I would have hoped, those hot spots ruin it all for me, first hit always taste good then burnt taste.... yuck

Well I'm not that lucky, someone dropped it on the floor in a party last friday, I really tought it was broken, it was leaking, the metal tube were twisted and it was glowing red. Fortunately, the glass wasn't broken, it was just unsealed and I've been able to twist back the metal tube and redo a new mesh and coil, working back not that bad, except that it's giving me a 1.5 ohm but it's still pretty good. Pure clean vape, I love it.

However, I do turn the maxi upside down so that it wick better, after 2-3 puff it will taste like burnt so I turn it for like 30 seconds, until it stop smoking. I also have hot spot (red glowing coil) sometimes when I check it, but it's still working quite good nonetheless.

It's a shame you're having problems with it but at worst you can always sell it to shany lol

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
Lucky you, i redone my coil 5 times up to now and always damn hot spots, and I also noticed my battery drains real quick either on LT or Omega!

I'm not enjoying it as much as I would have hoped, those hot spots ruin it all for me, first hit always taste good then burnt taste.... yuck

do like Zurd says and turn it upside down or feed juice to it. The hot spots will get oxidized soon enough.
What is the ohm of the coil you have now?

Also after the first hit if you do not turn it upside down you have to let it wick up the juice before hitting again. You could open and watch for how long it takes to bring the liquid up after letting it sit for 10 min or so. The reason for that is the wick was cool and it's the heating that starts the wicking once it is hot the wicking gets up to a certain speed and it vapes really good. Patience Padawan :)
My bat 18650 last 1 day, I am so use to that I fail to mention it because it's normal for a good vape. :)

Last edited:

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
Hey ladies and gents

My current coil is 1.5 ohms, the kanthal wire broke while i was turning it on the long post, and has max 2-3 wraps... that works semi-ok, with only 1 hot spot, and i dont have wicking problem that i can see, just the hot spot tastes yuck after first hit because it gets glowing red/white ... i'll try to be patient a bit more, but I'm not liking it so far. also had to redo a wick after my original one broke in half while i was recoiling... something tells me I'm doing it wrong. Anyhow this new wick seems better i probably did the burning better... nevertheless coil is what bugs me. This one i have on now i spent 2 full charge batteries just trying to oxidize hot spot with like close to 5 ml juice, and its still yucky. At worst ill put it up for sale with my LT kit. I had planned selling the LT before thinking of getting the Maxi, and i was hoping to enjoy them both lol but apparently its not working very well for me.

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
I oxidized with PG when i did the wick Shany, i was just trying to get the hot spot on the coil to oxidize with juice, and its ok to wste it, it was some DIY i don't use anymore ;) I'll see about selling it, I'm not decided yet if i'm gonna just hammer it down from impatience lol however if i decide not to keep it ill make sure to tell you and Sidora since he also said he wanted it.

sebdec

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Hey Guys,
I know I should probably post these questions in a more appropriate sub-forum but there's much to be said having opinion from people you actually met ;)
I'm definitely going down the VV path. Now many people suggested all these different models (let's exclude the provaris for obvious budget reasons). I Know you all like the LT but I was wishing for something more pocket-able. So maybe the LT mini? what's the genral appreciation on those other ones : EVO (unprotected bats = danger?), Omega, Bolt (are these even VV?), The Indulgence perhaps?
And I see the new ego-c twist has a vv from 3.2 to 4.8 which seems very promising as a compromise PV. Let me know your thoughts. Will probably post in the other forums to see what ppl have to say. Thanks and until may 30th, happy vaping
seb

Sidora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Hey Guys,
I know I should probably post these questions in a more appropriate sub-forum but there's much to be said having opinion from people you actually met ;)
I'm definitely going down the VV path. Now many people suggested all these different models (let's exclude the provaris for obvious budget reasons). I Know you all like the LT but I was wishing for something more pocket-able. So maybe the LT mini? what's the genral appreciation on those other ones : EVO (unprotected bats = danger?), Omega, Bolt (are these even VV?), The Indulgence perhaps?
And I see the new ego-c twist has a vv from 3.2 to 4.8 which seems very promising as a compromise PV. Let me know your thoughts. Will probably post in the other forums to see what ppl have to say. Thanks and until may 30th, happy vaping
seb

I would either:
-Wait for the lavatube v1.5 (there's probably gonna have a mini version).
-Buy the provari mini v2.
-Or buy a nice small mod that can fit a Kick by Evolv. Like the new LEGACY from Pure Smoker (standard edition can fit a Kick + 18490).

The kick is a module that you put in your mod with your battery. It has a pot to control the Wattage (variable wattage from 5 to 10 watts). Once you know the wattage you like to vape at, you really don't need to play with the settings too often. And it doesn't matter what's the resistance of the atomizer/carto, the power is gonna be the same.

If you can't wait and are low in cash, go with the lavatube mini.
The omega and Bolt are not VV.
I Wouldn't worry too much about the dangers of the EVO batteries. I think they have one protection (protected batteries has two.. i think i'm right but not sure). But the EVO only has 3 voltage options (3.7v, 4.7v, 5.7v) for me it's not enough. Depends on your need.

Last edited:

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Personally, I just like my lavatube because I can use an 18650 battery with a lot of mAh in it. The lavatube mini is cute, it's like what, 1.5 inch shorter : http://2smok.com/PUB/Kits/ThunderVolt/thundervolt.jpg
And it appears to use an 18350 battery, maximum of 1200 mAh I think, it's not that bad. If you want a smaller model I would consider it.

Note that with a bigger model you easily get used to it. And my lavatube does fit into my pocket, barely but still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread