Mind is blown at Local B&M prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
I'm willing to pay 10% more at the B&M for accessories and product. But that's where my operational cost understanding ends. If any store needs to mark up product 200-300% to stay in business, then they are doing something wrong. vaping products aren't any different than mp3 players or DVD's or guitar strings. Every B&M out there competes with online sites. There's a strong sector of people who prefer to by local, and also buy at a place they can touch the product before making the purchase decision. Margins are what it's about and nobody should go into business if they can't find a way to sell something at retail with acceptable margins.

Many online stores also screw people with shipping charges. It doesn't cost $12 to send a small 1/2lb package via fedex or UPS ground. Most ship USPS anyways, which is even cheaper.

That being said, where the online AND B&M stores screw everyone in my opinion is the juices. I DIY, and it costs PENNIES to make 10ml. I understand that R&D costs money. I understand that reselling brand name juices have lower markups, but everyone is over-charging for them IMO. If I were to buy ALL of my hardware and juices at the B&M, I'd spend more than I did on analogs. That in itself isn't so bad, but when you look at the real cost to make the hardware and juice, you realize the markups averaged out could be in the 1000's of percent.

I made another post a while back about the B&M's, because I was put off by the "smug" hipster types that run them (and the people who lounge in the shops all day and night). I already don't want to go into those places.. so the pricing should at least be attractive, because nothing else about them is.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Sounds like alittle bit of price gouging to me. The local B&M here (About 2 miles from my house) sells their "Name" brand for 3.99 a bottle or 3 for 10 and their "name" brand juices are actually pretty good. Their Gourmets are 5.99 or 3 for 15 and so on and so on and these are 10ml bottles and any strength you want (0,6, 12, 18, 24, 36mgs). I bought my EGO Evic from there. Battery, Casing, Charge Cable 104.00. Clearos and EVODs 5.00 - 8.00. 10 Atomizers for the CE4 or 5 20.00.... Grant it things are cheaper on line because there is no tax online. Only Shipping and Handling. To be honest in a pinch I will go to our local B&M but for quality and its a place that you trust and already know how their juices taste I would order online. I order my juices from The Vapor Room.net | Vaporize Nicotine | E Cig Atomizers . At the Vapor room for first time customers you get a free 15ml bottle of juice for free with your first order. Now last night I ordered from Mr. Vape. They have a helluva deal going on. 2 30ml bottles of Juice your choice (excluding their premium blends) 17.99 plus shipping and handling. I chose the 2.?? (cant remember) shipping and 2 30ml bottles cost me 20.00 and some change. I also got a 3ml free sample of any flavor I wanted. I have heard great things about Mr. Vape juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread