Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
a GGTS with only 1 single 3.2V battery ! not 2 for 6V ;)
[edit] i used the GGTS for this because its the only device i own that is able to use a single 17340 Battery with 3.2V

I cannot compare as I do not use LifePo for my 6V applications, i use Tenergys at 3V although they charge to 4.17-4.19V. They drop to 3V within milliseconds of hitting the switch and do not adequately fire a 510 atty. In other words they really suck. But yeah, it would really suck, on anything but an eGo.

just to show that an eGo is not a 3.1V device, but thats what the simplified 3.1V claim suggest to most people reading around here.
Absolutely true! I also explain why the device does not perform like a 3.1/2V, which until reverse engineered, JoyE products were markeetd as 3.7V, just like their competitors, but the JoyE 510 was always special in comparison, for many reasons: battery longevity and atty life to name a few. Now from a vendors point of view, this may not be a good thing, but from a customers point ov view :D

Which one drives more sales? I honestly cannot answer that.

sorry if i'm not as easy to read as i like to be.
*Kelemvor throws german - english dictionary out of the window :D
I had a feeling this was the case but didn't want to be presumptuous.

Last edited:

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
Switched, I believe that you had it right when you offered an apology. I understand your rationale for wanting to clarify the use of the term "heavy vaper" and offer what you considered to be a more accurate representation of the Ego's battery longevity, but I believe that this could have been accomplished rather effortlessly.

"I am publicly calling you out" sounds like something from an old west movie, and we all know how those end.

I honestly believe that simply calling the term "heavy vaper" into question and trying to gain an accurate average number of hours people are getting out of an Ego battery would have resolved this issue without any ill feelings.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
To quote:

If someone who is considering purchasing the Ego saw what Mik wrote and expected similar results, I believe they would be very disappointed once making the purchase due to exaggerated high expectations. The Ego already sounds impressive with its up-to-12hrs battery performance.

Yes. If they read my post and if I said : buy this you WILL get X amount out of it, then I do understand this whole fuss. The problem is I did not.

I said, that I get X amount out of it, and that I consider myself a moderate to heavy vaper ( one or the other, in different posts ) - and I also said that I encourage people to check with others on the boards to get their opinions on it, as mine are based on my usage..

So - thats why I find this whole mess rather inappropriate. I dont mind people experimenting, or dissecting stuff. I dont mind the theory, or the numbers.

But I think the biggest point of them all, that I tried to make, is lost;

I, consider myself a heavy vaper- among the people I come in contact with on a daily basis. This is a _fact_ based on the people I know, and the people I talk to. This means nothing else, than in that "group", vaping somewhere between 2-3mls a day, is heavy. And for those people, one battery will last from you wake up, till the next day, when you wake up. Please re-read that.

I have stated, that I for instance pick up my ego batt at 16:00, and then I have to recharge it at sometimes 12, sometimes 14, sometimes 15 the next day. With 8 hours of sleep, and say 4 hours to do stuff where I could not possibly vape, that I get approx 12 hours out of it.

That is not as far off, as you are making it sound like.

But in any regard, even though I still think its fine to try and figure out the numbers, I dont get why we have to put these labels on people? I know people who used to smoke 40 analogues a day - but they didnt inhale nearly as much as I did with my 20+.

I mean if you vape on cartomizers - or filters with filling material, you might use more of your battery in getting what is satisfying to you, than someone who direct drips, or uses a third method. Again - variables.

Variables are a ..... - and as such the common grounds must be the only measurement. In the groups of people I hang out in - and talk to, 2-3ml a day is considered "heavy".

In the groups you hang out in, it might mean 3-4. Or more.

Again - variables - and neither of us is right; Which again, is why I never promised anyone anything, but stated to them that this is based on _my_ experience, and that they should ask other users and browse around for more feedback..

Argrhrhr.....

Anyways, - im done with this, just thought it clarify it one last time, as I do think its important for any newcomers that reads this, to get both our point of views in one thread - preferably without the mud.

Have a nice sunday! :toast:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I don't use the cone on my eGo anymore.

The benefits to me :

1) better draw

2) cooler vape

3) can more easily pay attention to the atty

If anyone's dissatisfied with their eGo performance --- give it a go.
I cone

• less airy draw
  • warmer vape
  • not sure 3 is important
If it wasn't for the cone, I wouldn't own an eGo.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
i don't cone...
but simply because i don't use 510's :)
i'm using the new ego XL atties, more capacity and better flavour imo.
The only problem with the new XL ego atties is that the draw is maybe too much light.
Lighter than a 510 with a cone.
So, if i was joye i would make a revision with smaller air entries at the bottom of the atty.
There are 2 little air channels where the atty tube meet the battery ring, if you cover one of them with a finger you have a fuller, harder draw.
If joye could make those channels a little smaller to match 510+cone draw it would be a nice upgrade IMHO.
What you think Mik?

also, i was told Joye made a 'cone' version of the XL atty, will Janty carry them?

Last edited:

Hash25

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
London
In addition to the advantages of the cone mentioned above, I like the fact that liquid does not get on your hands. Then when you remove the cone you just wipe the excess off. With most other devices other than my Reo which has a reservoir to prevent liquid leaking, I think this is quite good at preventing leakage. What do you guys think about that?

Ethan_Janty

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
Fort Worth
I just wanted to chime in here, I must admit, when I first received my eGo, I honestly didn't like the cone, I guess I was just used to the airy draw of the dura, my favorite at the time. Over time I finally got used to using the cone, initially started using it because it simply made the eGo look better ;). Now I don't use my eGo without the cone....ever....I just like it for the same reasons listed above. But that's just....like....my opinion....man :)

Ethan

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
In addition to the advantages of the cone mentioned above, I like the fact that liquid does not get on your hands. Then when you remove the cone you just wipe the excess off. With most other devices other than my Reo which has a reservoir to prevent liquid leaking, I think this is quite good at preventing leakage. What do you guys think about that?

When I used carts the cone did trap liquid; that's an advantage I no longer need.

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Are you saying that you no longer need the cone because u drip. I still find with dripping that the atty can leak especially if you over drip.

Yes.

I made enough messes to learn not to overload my atty.:laugh:

Because of Stubear's response, whom I will quote next, I'm back to experimenting with the cone. This is a helpful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread