Mech Mod Battery Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill3753

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
CT
I am planning an upcoming purchase, and would like some backup and insurance everything I'm looking at will be correct.

I have primarily used VV devices to date, but am looking to get into a mech beyond the K100 and Magneto I used to cut my teeth on with in regards to mechanical mods.

The plan is as follows:

Tarsius 4Nine Mod
Efest Purple 18350 700mAh 10.5A batteries
Sony US18650VTC5 2600mAh 30A batteries
Patriot RDA, micro dual coil build, cotton wicks (already own)
Kayfun Lite+, micro coil build, cotton wicks (already own)

My calculations show fully charged at 4.1 volts, with resistance sub-ohm at 0.5, it should produce 33.62 watts at 8.2 amps. This should place it within the limits of use for both batteries I have selected above. This would also be as low as I would go with the resistance.

So, details all told, will these calculations remain true with a dual coil build? Essentially, I want to know if the 10.5 max amps of the Efest 18350 is ok to run a dual coil build with a final resistance reading of 0.5 ohms. Unless I am completely wrong, it I believe it will run the single coil 0.5 ohm build in the Kayfun, but didn't know for sure about the dual coil RDA build.

Additionally, I would like input on this "shopping list" and if I'm looking in the right direction with everything I've selected. I love the idea of a mech mod in 18350 mode coming in under 2 inches and then topping it with a nano Kayfun Lite.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I would not use 18350s for sub ohm because they would drain fast. .5 ohm at 4.2 volts is 8.4 amps. .5 ohms final reading is .5 ohms does not matter if it's dual or single coil. So two 1 ohm coils will be needed to get your .5 ohms. One thing I learned is buy no battery with fire anywhere in the name. Love the sony and panasonic batteries. If you really like subohming you may want to look into say a hades or the big stingray mods. They use a 26650 battery and can go to 50 amps. Both the hades and stingray come in all copper mods now. Efest seem to be good also. FYI you can do a dual coil on the kayfun look up the shotgun dual micro coils on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread