Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have had Magic Jack for a few years. Its been awesome considering what you get and the cost for it. Will give an overview on the MJ
Free domestic long distance
call waiting
caller ID
voice mail
cheap vanity numbers available
keep your current phone number
The price for that was only $20 for the first year and the box comes with it. All you do is buy it and plug it in and set it up on your computer. Mine uses A usb slot. They have one you can plug into the wall as well. I signed onto this service for 5 years. The cost was $100. No kidding, $100 for 5 years of phone service that you can use to call anyone in the US.

Yesterday I found something called Rabbit TV. Its almost like netflix but it was only $10 for the USB box and the the first year of service. Anyone else use Rabbit TV. Its to new for me to speak much about it but I am watching movies with it. So far so good.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
IDK for sure. One thing I know is that most content is restricted in the USA...locked down with copyrights that don't expire. I'll bet you'll either see your local channels (if they can keep it local) or a lot of old public domain stuff. Similar to Roku and such...they only provide the means, not the rights. Some "APPS" or their corporation has to have the rights. Unless they either:
A) Have a good advertisement scheme so they can earn money and buy rights to show stuff or
B) charge monthly fees ala Netflix and buy rights.

If B) then you may as well just check out Netflix or Amazon Prime.

So IDK. You tell us....what do you see? What's available? Is it better than Netflix? Are there ads?

OTOH I can see you going too wrong if you only spend $10.00. And have fast enough internet.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I haven't had much time to check it out. But so far it seems a lot like netflix. Not a lot of newer movies. Can watch locals and it looks like it just takes you to network sites for that section. But I seen a lot of movies and some documentary's. The newer movies are here, but they want a rental fee to watch them. Will keep you updated once I know more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread