Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-1.jpg

Hello, today we take a look at the Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo rta. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo rta; Before starting, let's look together at some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 24mm Diameter Single Coil rta
    • Top Interlayer Honeycomb Airflow
    • Leakage Proof
    • Postless Build deck
    • Push Style Refilling Top Cap

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-2.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Packaging:
    The compact DR package has a red/black color with a stylized flame in the center inside which there is the image of the new Hellvape tank. Furthermore, at the front the package states: the color of the tank, the Hellvape logo, the writing "Dead Rabbit RTA Solo". On the back they are listed; Shenzhen Hellvape Technology Co., LTD features, packing list, contacts, logos & trademarks. Above the remaining sides of the box you can read; "Dead Rabbit Solo RTA" and the product code 2301.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-3.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-4.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Packing List:
    • 1* Dead Rabbit RTA Solo
    • 1* Bubble Glass 4ml
    • 1* Sachet of accessories
    • 1* User Manual

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-5.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 24mm (base) x 25.5x37.4mm
    • Weight: 48g
    • Capacity: 2/4ml
    • Tip 810 low profile
    • Single Coil deck
    • Top Airflow

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-6.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Rainbow
    • Blue
    • Matte Black

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-7.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; First Impressions:
    Dead Rabbit Solo RTA is a TOP AFC with 24mm diameter at the base and is a product intended for RDL/DL use. It can be easily regenerated even by less experienced vapers who don't want to go crazy with perfect backcombing, but also for all those vapers who don't want e-liquid leaks. Solo RTA can be set up in single-coil and is made of durable stainless steel. It comes supplied by Hellvape in a range of six different colours. The two specimens I obtained for this Test are; SS and Gold, both with black bell decorations. Naturally, when you choose to use a single coil RTA for DL/RDL use, it is important to combine it with MODs that are able to push it to medium/high powers and that provide the user with a good energy reserve. However I won't go very high with the power, so (personally) I find this tank goes very well with simple and easy to handle 21700 Mods.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-8.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-9.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Exploded view:
    The tank is mainly made up of six pieces which can all be quickly separated for periodic cleaning operations. Built in SS 304 steel, the Dead Rabbit Solo tank takes advantage of Hellvape's high construction standard, you can notice this when you start to handle it to regulate the air flow, or when you extract the drip-tip or when you unscrew the top cap or you move it to the side to refuel. You immediately realize its structural solidity which derives from a "significant" weight of almost 50g, even the connections between the various pieces are precise as usual.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-10.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Refills:
    On the occasion of this launch, Hellvape presents a simplified refilling system called "Push Style Refilling Top Cap". The 810 drip-tip is made of low profile Delrin. The cap has an arrow-shaped symbol, to fill simply slide the cap back and comfortably fill the tank with e-juice through a generously sized slot. The top cap offers a good opposition force to prevent any inadvertent opening. Furthermore, for thorough cleaning, you can completely dismantle the "Push Style Refilling Top Cap" system and also change the gasket when it is worn.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-11.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-12.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Top Interlayer Honeycomb Airflow:
    As you can see in the images below, the main structure highlights two large adjustable slots on the outside and at the top that capture the air flow to send it through special internal ducts towards the coil. The internal honeycomb design is made up of 14 holes on each side, the holes assume various inclinations and direct the air flow coming from above in a rather enveloping manner towards the resistance.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-13.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-14.jpg

Outside on the central structure, just below the air flow slots, there is an O-ring for the hermetic seal of the glass. The decorative aspect with the writing and Dead Rabbit logo is highlighted, the result is overall pleasant to the eye.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-15.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Single Coils Postless deck:
    The base that contains the regenerable deck has prominent knurls on its circumference that facilitate removal, furthermore the perfectly flat and raised postless deck allows for good maneuvering space, you can use two of the 4 holes as you prefer; whether the coil is rolled clockwise or counterclockwise.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-16.jpg

The bottom of the Tank with the adjustable 510 pin and the two slots containing the ends of the cotton are also visible in the image below. To insert the coil on the postless deck you must first unscrew the screws on the side of the deck, then you can insert the legs into the holes and tighten the screws straightening the coil.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-17.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-18.jpg

The regeneration of Dead Rabbit Solo RTA is really simple and intuitive, the only thing to pay attention to is not to put too much cotton, because it loses flavor quality and stifles performance. Furthermore, it is made easier by the fact that by placing little cotton there is no risk of flooding since the air flow slots are positioned at the top. However, with a minimum of experience it is not difficult to reach the best compromise on the quantity and correct positioning of cotton inside the buttonholes.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-19.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RTA; Final Conclusions & Vaping Test:
    I am a great admirer of the Hellvape brand because in my opinion this company has always built the best low-cost RTA and RDA atomizers. So I'm not surprised that even with this new DR version the construction materials are excellent; with precise fits and good overall finishes. I find the product aesthetically successful, both using straight glass and using convex glass. The only thing I would have done (if I were in Hellvape) I would have continued to include a couple of pre-rolled coils and a couple of cotton strings in the package, I realize that all self-respecting vapers have large stocks of coils and cotton, however when it comes to rebuildable atomizers I always want to test the original spare part's and any supplied coils first, because I believe that this can better help both the reviewer and the reader understand the construction concept that is the basis of a new project.

For this test I used a 0.37Ω Clapton Coil by Hellvape made of Ni80 with a diameter of 3.5mm that I found at the bottom of a drawer. I put one of my favorite e-juices in the tank for DL/RDL vaping. I then positioned myself with Arez Mod by Hellvape at 45W and started my test. The "Red-Mix" ripe red fruit liquid I used is one of my favourites, the base is VG/PG 70-30 with 2mg/ml boost added. Speaking of aromatic performance, Hellvape's Top Air Flow systems have the advantage of not making us regret the "Bottom Air Flow" systems too much. In fact, on the new DR the air flow from top to bottom is managed beautifully through a perfect optimization of the spaces between the deck and the bell, with a rational internal arrangement of the honeycomb holes. The flavor is rich and concentrated, the hit is direct and compact towards the lungs, the perception of the boost concentration present in the liquid is emphasized compared to other Atom DLs that I have used in the past. The amount of vapor emitted through the low profile tip is satisfactory. Even with the AFC fully open, the aspirated flow is acceptably slowed down, positively profitable, and not very dispersive. By closing the AFC the hit in the throat undergoes a surge and the heat increases, by lowering the power to 40W I immediately re-establish an excellent balance between performance and heat. The intake noise has a deep and calm tone, the intake suction is never annoying, you can only hear the popping of the coil. Dead Rabbit Solo RTA is an excellent atomizer with a performance that has nothing to envy of classic RTAs with AFC positioned at the bottom. Furthermore, with the AFCs positioned at the top you can completely eliminate e-juice losses and you won't have to go crazy trying to get the right amount of cotton. Positioning the coil on this postless deck is really simple, the space to work is large, for this reason perhaps larger wells for the cotton could be created so as to be able to exploit a single coil of larger diameter, the small wells for the cotton they limit this aspect a bit. That's really all for this review, I hope you liked it, if you want to try a new well-built, compact and high-performance vaporizer, this Dead Rabbit Solo RTA is for you, don't miss it!

I would like to thank Hellvape for providing me with the Tank. I hope this review has been helpful for anyone looking to purchase the Dead Rabbit Solo RTA.

Thanks for reading

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread