M201 atty vs 801 atty and SP2 Sparkplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
Hello,

I would like to use my M201 attys with my SP2 Sparkplug.

Has anyone figured out how to modify the m201 atty so it will work on a 801 battery? They are threaded the same and will screw onto each others batteries with out a problem.

The 801 atty will work on the 201 battery. The 201 atty will screw onto a 801 battery but you can not draw any air through it.

I have looked inside them with my handy dandy 3.5 magnification lens but can see no difference. I'm going to do a bit of experimenting with my dremel and a itty bitty drill bit.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck doing this modification before I ruin a 201 atty.

Thank You,

rtbob

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello,

I would like to use my M201 attys with my SP2 Sparkplug.

Has anyone figured out how to modify the m201 atty so it will work on a 801 battery? They are threaded the same and will screw onto each others batteries with out a problem.

The 801 atty will work on the 201 battery. The 201 atty will screw onto a 801 battery but you can not draw any air through it.

I have looked inside them with my handy dandy 3.5 magnification lens but can see no difference. I'm going to do a bit of experimenting with my dremel and a itty bitty drill bit.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck doing this modification before I ruin a 201 atty.

Thank You,

rtbob

I'm not familiar with the sparkplug or the M201 atty but I am familiar with the problem of the atty fitting but not working. This is the same thing that happens when you put a cartomizer on a 901 battery without the adapter - it closes off the intakes so no vaping occurs. What people have done is like you say - dremel tool or file where they file notches into the top of the batt and sometimes it involves not screwing down the atty really tight. Another possible fix, although I haven't tried this, is the staple mod:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html#post352945

You have to make sure that the staple doesn't go beyond the disc in the center of the atty at the batt end - there will be a short if you don't pay attention to that - iow, you're on your own if you try this - but the staple will put some 'distance' on that atty that may allow for the air to flow but contact will still be made to give power and given the thickness of the staple, you can then 'tighten down' the atty. This might be better than permanently notching the batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread