Initial Impressions on Steampunk Sparkplug (SP2) From Litecig USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
:thumb:Got home last night and opened the package. It was well packed and my order was complete. The shipping time was only two days to Austin, TX. Great service LitecigUSA

First vaping impression, not as good as I hoped for. Drained and refilled one of the supplied carts with my own ejuice and it is now working better.

I use a 201 penstyle with auto batteries. For my initial comparison of these two devices the 201 is rated as 0 for Vapor, Taste, Throat Hit, battery life, draw, initial cost and cosmetic appearance. The scale I use is -5 through +5 where negative numbers = worse than the 201 and pos. numbers = better than 201. This is just my opinion.

The atty on the SP2 is not broken in yet and it should improve when it is. The exact same e-juice was used in side by side vaping. The 201 atty is well broken in using a freshly charged auto battery.

SP2

Vapor +2

Taste -1

Throat hit +2

Draw +1 (slightly easier draw)

Initial Cost -3 (paid $30.00 for my 201 kits. 2 batts, 1 atty, usb and wall charger carts, manual)

Appearance +2 (this SP2 looks cool)

Battery Life -- After 8 hours of on and off vaping the performance started to degrade. This is outstanding compared to the 201 which I would have had to swap batteries twice during this time frame. I rate this a +4.

Over All +7 each point over or under zero using my system is worth 20% making the SP2 140% better than a M201.

A bit of math shows that the value surpasses that of the 201 slightly.

Initial Cost of 201=$30.00 + 140%= $72.00 My SP2 cost me $70.00

So far the SP2 is meeting my expectations and I can only predict it will improve with a bit more use.

The cost of the SP2 is actually great when compared to other mods like the Silver Bullet, BB and other similar devices.

These are just my personal opinions.

Y'all Take Care, :cool:

rtbob

Last edited:

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
Wow, somone actually read this. It is a 3.7 volt mod and the 201 attys will screw on but you can not draw through it. I took my dremel and drilled 4 tiny holes at the lowest point possible through the threaded section of the 201 atty and used the staple mod.
Now these modified 201's will work with the SP2.

I have been using the SP2 now for about six weeks. The supplied BE112 attys gain resistance with use and the TH and taste has decreased. I now use an adapter and a 510 atty. With this setup the SP2 performs better than it did new.

They now have a new tube upgrade for the sp2 called a Thermo that allows 6 volt vaping, the BE112 attys love the higher voltage but tend to burn out after 2 weeks or so despite regular atty maintenance.

Staple mod link:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html#post352945

Thermo Link:
http://www.litecigusa.net/

Last edited:

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
I've been using my SP2 for almost 6 months and its been incredibly reliable. I'm glad to see the new price point of $69.99 for the FULL KIT, which I think is appropriate for the device (although it still shows $99.99 on the manufacturer's site). The BE112 is also a perfect companion atty for it. I vape almost constantly and am only on my second atty, which I got about a month ago. It is extremely compact and very light. Actually, it is slightly shorter than a BE112 (801) with the tip by itself. Their customer service and warranty are great, too. I had a problem with my atty side cap and they sent the replacement before I sent mine back so I wouldn't have to be without. I can see a lot of people who have always wanted a mod but didn't want to spend $100 or more go for the SP2 at this price. Good review, rtbob!

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Wow, somone actually read this. It is a 3.7 volt mod and the 201 attys will screw on but you can not draw through it. I took my dremel and drilled 4 tiny holes at the lowest point possible through the threaded section of the 201 atty and used the staple mod.
Now these modified 201's will work with the SP2.

I have been using the SP2 now for about six weeks. The supplied BE112 attys gain resistance with use and the TH and taste has decreased. I now use an adapter and a 510 atty. With this setup the SP2 performs better than it did new.

They now have a new tube upgrade for the sp2 called a Thermo that allows 6 volt vaping, the BE112 attys love the higher voltage but tend to burn out after 2 weeks or so despite regular atty maintenance.

Staple mod link:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html#post352945

Thermo Link:
LitecigUSA

Yes, we read this and really liked it.

I don't have/use a 201 but I really like your comparitive approach to the review: basing it on a pro/con to something you know and love.

Many reviews all say stuff like 'great TH' or 'weak vapor' but the question in my mind at least is "yeah? compared to what??" You got that covered.

Thanks and please do more!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread