LT vs new Vision brand VV tube... marketed at TOX or Howitzer... anyone tried both? Suppliers list???

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I think all the vendors are massively irked by this. They buy this stuff from tech specs just like we do, and as is the heads don't come anywhere near meeting those stated limits. They're out out a LOT more money than we are, also, esp since some vendors, like Litecigsusa, have paused selling em till the problem is resolved.

I definitely agree with you, and Rhody... these may end up being a great deal.. AFTER the problems are resolved. But I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one right now, as is. Or they'll be in the same boat we all are... stuck waiting for replacements. ;)

Rhody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2010
Rhode Island
I agree also, the 2nd Tox head was no different than the 1st....sure it's vapable, but that's not why I bought it to begin with. I have plenty of vapable
mods, I was looking for a smaller VV that performs like it's intended....I was hoping it just worked, because I like the idea of different battery sizes, and it is quite small with the 18350 mode..I just want to point out that Litecigs did right by me and refunded my money. Hope the Tox is a great little mod when they get the issues fixed.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Well, crud. I just emailed litecigsusa to make sure that if my replacement head shows up, and it STILL doesn't perform as advertised, that they'll send me another replacement when they know FOR SURE that the problem is resolved (even if by then the 14 day warranty is over)... but they responded back that they're just gonna refund my money on it. I guess they're tired of waiting for right ones, and dealing with all the extra shipping. All that means to me is I'm still gonna be needing a vv mod.

I did order a stainless steel lava tube, as a backup, so hoping that will suffice. I guess they're still 20 days to a month away from shipping out the stainless steel ones, since they're brand new, so I'll be waiting a while. The good news is all us that ordered the stainless lavas didn't know if it was gonna be solid stainless, or a crummy flake off-able veneer of steel. But apollo says they're solid stainless, with stainless end caps, so that's a positive, at least.

Man... I am SO OVER trying to work out all these details and just want a reasonably priced vv mod that works, in my hands right now, darn it! lol

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Thanks for taking the hit for us....I think I will wait for the V2 TOX (hopefully in stainless) :)

No problem. I hope I get a new head that works, but of not, I'll get my money back and get one when they get the bugs worked out.

I mostly just feel bad for the vendors who ordered large quantities of these things and are now stuck with tons of PVs that don't work. It's gonna hurt!

Sent via cellular communication device...

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Fazed... Yeah, you said it! I don't have any idea of how close these larger shops like the gotvapes and litecigs walk the line between red and black, but guessing its costing them a total fortune, just in multi shipping and much delayed sales on the units they have in stock. I hope this doesn't send any of the shops past the point of no return.

And MasterofDampf... I'm really really hoping that these major first run issues aren't scaring anyone off from a future purchase. This Tox is a really clever intuitive design... really will be an astounding option at a great price once the issues are resolved. Cant' wait till they're avail in stainless and other options, and little things like the clock staying on with batt changes are made, but once those things are addressed... I told a friend last night who just cannot for the life of him imagine why I keep jumping thru hoops on the tox/lava issue when I could have a perfectly functional vv for less the price in something like a vari-cool box. I really don't like boxes, much, but aside from that... I just LOVE the tox! If the darn thing worked as advertised, it is 100% the perfect pv for me... so hoping you and others will check them out once they're resolved, for sure.

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
As for the box mods - I have never seen one with short protection, overdraw protection, thermal cutoff or activation cutoff. Not alot of safety features, but they do have a great track record.
*disclaimer - I am not saying they are dangerous...just noting a lack of features.

Fazed... Yeah, you said it! I don't have any idea of how close these larger shops like the gotvapes and litecigs walk the line between red and black, but guessing its costing them a total fortune, just in multi shipping and much delayed sales on the units they have in stock. I hope this doesn't send any of the shops past the point of no return.

And MasterofDampf... I'm really really hoping that these major first run issues aren't scaring anyone off from a future purchase. This Tox is a really clever intuitive design... really will be an astounding option at a great price once the issues are resolved. Cant' wait till they're avail in stainless and other options, and little things like the clock staying on with batt changes are made, but once those things are addressed... I told a friend last night who just cannot for the life of him imagine why I keep jumping thru hoops on the tox/lava issue when I could have a perfectly functional vv for less the price in something like a vari-cool box. I really don't like boxes, much, but aside from that... I just LOVE the tox! If the darn thing worked as advertised, it is 100% the perfect pv for me... so hoping you and others will check them out once they're resolved, for sure.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
That, too. Plus the exposed wiring.. big bad for me. I'm very uneducated about batteries and basic electrical theory. Everything I know I know from researching vaping mods. My friend who's thrilled with his... he has the ability to trouble shoot, and know asap if there's a problem with his, and how to fix it. I don't have that ability, so that makes it a much bigger liability on my end. Plus i've got tiny little 10 year old kid type hands (I am an adult vaper, just for the record... 36yrs old), but my tiny hands make any box an odd and slightly uncomfortable fit. Not impossible, just an irritation. And I don't need another constant nagging irritation in my day. rofl That's why I'm no longer married. ;)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
apollo has got a stainless steel lavatube on pre-order for 65 for the kit. pretty good deal if you ask me

Yep, I've got the tox but just ordered one of those, as backup. And apollo did confirm that the stainless lava is solid steel fabrication, with steel end caps, so that extra $5 on top of regular kit price is definitely worth it. Just a bummer, cause when I ordered mine on the 10th, it said they were in stock. Now looks like we're waiting another month or more. But still, can't beat that solid steel, at that price. ;)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Just as an aside... that info on the tox refers to their first run heads, which are a MANUFACTURING DEFECT... the problem is being resolved at the manufacturer. I believe corrected units are expected within next week or so (some vendors have already mailed out replacements, but it seems the problem wasn't really corrected at that time), and then, based on all available info from vendors who are following this problem closely and working with the manufacturers extensively, the tox will work as advertised. I LOVE the tox, think its an incredibly versatile and functional vv unit (again, within the 2.5 amp limit... doesn't affect my vaping style much, but those 2.5 won't work well for certain types of vapers, of course), but would not suggest anyone get one until its verified that the programming voltage issue has been completely corrected. Expected timeframe on that is a week or two out. But yeah, I agree that for certain types of carto lovers or people who want to use Low res stuff at higher voltages, neither the LT or the Tox are a good choice, because of that current 2.5 amp restriction. Hopeful that they'll change that in the future, but as is, doesn't affect my vaping style much. I use primarily 1.7ohm resurrectors at about 4v, 2.0 boges around 4.25ish... really don't like the 5 and 6 v functions on anything lower res than a 3.0boge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread