Anyone actually TRIED a Vision TOX vv/ aka Howitzer/aka GS-SUB yet? Dying to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yeah, I love that review. I've been assuming the Tox will perform pretty much the same way, since as advertised it has the similar 2.5 amp restriction... but apparently that isn't the case, at least not on this one unit. I'm like bedgraggled and downtrodden, right now. So bummed. Was really hoping the Tox would be the answer for me, since I like its features better than the LT, price is right, and I'd assumed (based on spec) that it would do what it promised. Now I don't know what the heck to do. Might end up with the silver lt, after all, but after getting all excited about some of the tox features, seems like a letdown. sigh.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Ok, post #31 here looks better. No meter (so I'll wait for some more testing), but doesn't seem like the unit is dropping voltage so incredibly drastically. That's good news at least. But I'm thinking its prudent to wait for some more of these bad boys to get checked out, for sure. And darn glad I have a meter to check mine out (thanks, para!) , if and when I do order.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/272822-vision-tox-4.html#post5474965

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Send that thing back, bizzyb0t, that switch has got to be replaced.

Well, I plan to--it's just that it had come to my attention that the version litecigusa.net has, is an earlier revision and I'm going to hold out, hoping they get newer revisions, so I don't have to pay for shipping to return a faulty unit twice!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh mother of mercy... that doesn't sound very good, does it? Geez. Here I am flat out desperate for a decent vape, and my fabulous new (or not so fabulous new) Tox is shipping to me as we speak. Drat and blast. And thanks for the review, bizzyB0t! I'll definitely check it out.

Hey, does anyone know what litecigs is likely to do in this situation?? I'm sorta up a creek if they pull a 'oh, we'll ship a replacement as soon as new models are available in 3 mos' sort of a thing, and I know they have a strict no refunds policy. If the tox flat out doesn't function as advertised, I really need to buy a lavatube. Heck... ok, checking their site to see if they even sell LT. But anyone else... any idea what sort of thing is likely to happen with that vendor under these odd circumstances? I'm officially flipping out. But also, if I get stuck vaping this weak joye ego for another week, its very possible I might just lose my mind entirely. rofl I suppose that at least would solve my vaping issue.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yeah, I figure worst possible case scenario (other than the vendor being ridiculous, which I'm not too worried about since I've had good luck with litecigs in the past, and they have a very solid repuation), I'll get stuck with a credit for the TOX at litecigsusa, and I'll have to pop out again for the Lavatube. That would be a huge bummer, because I'm out the money twice in one chunk (i'm broke, so thats a definite problem), but at least I'll be covered when I need to buy anything basic like cartos or driptips for a while at litecig....

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, I figure worst possible case scenario (other than the vendor being ridiculous, which I'm not too worried about since I've had good luck with litecigs in the past, and they have a very solid repuation), I'll get stuck with a credit for the TOX at litecigsusa, and I'll have to pop out again for the Lavatube. That would be a huge bummer, because I'm out the money twice in one chunk (i'm broke, so thats a definite problem), but at least I'll be covered when I need to buy anything basic like cartos or driptips for a while at litecig....

Did they ship it yet? If not, (and you're sure you don't want the Tox), I'd contact them and cancel the order. If they refuse, call your credit card company.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Frick... yep, shipped out yesterday. Still crossing fingers. I've been in the litecigs and gotvapes forums a ton in the last few days (cause darn it... i really did do due diligence and researched this thing to the ends of the earth first). From what I've heard... this will be old news to those of you hanging out there as well... The litecigs models may or may not be an earlier production line than the gotvapes ones. (Edit... lets say the 'earliest shipped' litecigs models might be an earlier run) Gotvapes says they are, litecigs hasn't confirmed or denied. However, litecigs is being amazing about the whole thing. I've spoken to a few people who got bum chargers and/or controllers, and they're sending out replacements asap. AND shawn at litecigs said if the replacements aren't sufficient, they ARE standing behind the product and will refund if there's no other recourse. THAT, to me.. was a really stand up move, especially since they normally don't grant refunds. They are a REALLY reputable vendor, so for now, I'm just crossing fingers, hoping I get a good one (and will back up my hope with a 3 yr warranty, just to be prudent), and worse case, i'll check out the replacement heads... if all else fails, I'll kindly hope that litecigs lives up to their word with a refund, so I can buy a shiny chrome lava tube. Did ya'll know they were available in chrome? I didn't... that was a pleasant surprise. I'd MUCH rather have a functional Tox, but if that doesn't happen... Lava will make me a happy girl.

And carlton... glad to oblige with the giggles. lol

And I'm adding this, just in case there are any newbies who stumble upon this 6 mos from now... long after any/all the issues have been addressed and corrected. Sometimes when a brand new model PV line comes out, these things happen. There's really no way to test them properly until a bunch of them are out in the marketplace, and then sometimes the manufacturer makes revisions to the new line. I believe it happened with the earliest lava tubes, I know it happened with some of the tank mods out there, and we all know about the v1 provari... with tons of issues that have now been fixed. So just cause these issues are happening with (some of) the first few hundred Tox out the door... that doesn't mean the product won't be a super solid one in the future. capisce? lol

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Okay, good to hear. I've seen you around getting excited for this mod, and I know you were disappointed at the news coming out, so it's good that at least it sounds like they're going to stand behind it if it's a dud to begin with.

And hey! I vape a V1 Provari! The only issue it had was with LR dual-coil cartos exceeding the 2.5 amp converter limit. I love mine, and probably won't upgrade ($20) because I don't like dual-coils anyway -- give me 3 ohm Boges and I'm a happy vaper. :)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I thought there was a thing with the people who got the very first ones... beyond the 2.5 amp thing (and yeah, that's only a big deal to a certain kind of 'push the envelope' or heavy dc vaper, imho). I might be wrong, and thinking of the Ipro, but I could have sworn they did a yank and replace on some of em. But very well could have gotten the models mixed around in my head... that's always a possiblity. I'll tell you what... I had NO idea they had that $20 upgrade program! Hell, that really does make it the last pricey mod you ever have to buy, doesn't it? Man.. that adds a ton of value to the whole Provari pricetag. I'm in a contest in gotvapes forum now to win a V2 provari kit, with extender cap, charger, whole nine. I figure I'll have about 20 or 24 of the 5500 entries, when its all said and done. Not much of a shot, but I'm crossing fingers! ;)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

OMG that thing is a disaster! Talkin' bout the GS-SUB - not the video. Thank you for sharing - I think.

Geez, I was trying to talk someone into a vv box mod - you know who you are - because this thing was new and uproven in the market. At least the VariCool box would, umm..., WORK! Winding up my "I told you so" pitch right now. FIRE!!!

Do let us know how you make out with LiteCig and returning this. Policy is policy, but there are always exceptions to rules and if ever a product deserved to be returned what you got is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread