Lots of improvements in vaping - vape shops still annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Unfortunately shop I used to visit now owned by people only interested in $$. They only vape in shop for show, could care less about vaping. Last time I was in there LGs were clones and hearing complaints about coil & gear quality. Such a shame. Newer shop a few miles down the road I'm hearing good things about. Going to check it out next week.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Unfortunately shop I used to visit now owned by people only interested in $$. They only vape in shop for show, could care less about vaping. Last time I was in there LGs were clones and hearing complaints about coil & gear quality. Such a shame. Newer shop a few miles down the road I'm hearing good things about. Going to check it out next week.
Nowadays when i try new vape shops i come in there and fake i'm a "new vaper" and i check what they're trying to sell me :D if they do a good job i'll tell them and give them a 5 star on google reviews (sounds stupid but when i start talking about these they go crazy) If they try to sell me crap or stuff someone new shouldn't need then i just tell the guy to f off and i leave lol.

Mean way of checking which vape shops are worth my money, but it works at least.

Reactions: Opinionated

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I just want to go into a B&M and have a conversation about vaping gear needs with a person who, like, doesn't have to, you know... like, have to use the word "like" in like every four words.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I just want to go into a B&M and have a conversation about vaping gear needs with a person who, like, doesn't have to, you know... like, have to use the word "like" in like every four words.
I like your post.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Three choices around here... The "clouds" bunch, who may have quite nice in house juices and some gear, but it takes awhile to get in and out.... Freedom Smoke USA is fairly large in Tucson and they started out with the model that it was a "lounge" and employees were having ppl throw their cigarettes into a big vat and celebrating, there were tons of employees and pinball and whatever else....

Nowadays (though they still have the "entertainment" the one on my side of town doesn't even offer a bathroom, which kind of undercuts the "lounge" atmosphere, LOL. That said, they do have an "express" cashier for juices only, where you can just order the juice you want if you know it, and they'll bring it to you, and this stops some of the wait time if you are just going in for something simple. They seem to stock KT products and push them quite heavily, but their juice is OK and they're one of the few shops around that will sell 100% vg in higher levels than 12 nic, which was useful for me starting out. But overall, they've become far more "utilitarian", and (at least the one on my side of town) fairly busy, so there's less hanging out/chatting/whatever, and more people eying the juice taster with a "hurry up" look, that said I usually go in the middle of the day and not weekends/nights. May be different.

Then, the laundromats. I bought 5 nauti coils there once, and the employee only gave me 4. I was like.... doood... can you not count? :) I just happened to be right by there and thought I would check, as I was running low. I was both annoyed/amused when I figured it out. I guess glassware is easier to count?

Anna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I'm grateful for local vape shops, just for the purpose of keeping Mrs Rule's gear working.
But Mrs Rule is different. She's a push button vaper. She has zero interest in wrapping coils, making juice, or any of the other hobby aspects of vaping.
So, when she breaks a Tank glass, needs new drop in coils, needs a new mod, or whatever, I'm off to one of the local shops, where I'm at the mercy of whoever is running the place. Fortunately, because we have had a fairly active local vaper community, I know most of the local shop owners and employees.

My wife is the same way. She has never touched a coil nor mixed a juice all she does is fill her atty and change batts. Hands me her atty then says "try this" and I know now that it means in female code that her coil is burnt. I've maintained that we both use the same attys to keep things more simple for me to rebuild. She's broken a few protanks but doing great with the subtank glass, no broken glass since I put vape band around her atty. It was her who took the first steps to get those ego kits long ago so me rebuilding her attys and supplying steeped ready to vape juice is no problem for me.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
God i keep reading the comments here..... Can't lie you guys have horrible vape shops XD
I mean here it's not all sunny and stuff but.... finding one that bad is about next to impossible :p

Out here there is a really wide variety of places that you can call vape shops. There are some high end established smoke shops that now carry vape supplies, there are simple smoke shops that carry vape stuff, there are pop-up vape shops in strip malls, there are full blown vape stores that open and then close again in months, and there are established vape stores that have been open for years. The ones that annoy me are the ones that have been around for a while, even years, and still the people behind the counter barely know anything. Or worse - pretend that they know what they're talking about and lie to you.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Out here there is a really wide variety of places that you can call vape shops. There are some high end established smoke shops that now carry vape supplies, there are simple smoke shops that carry vape stuff, there are pop-up vape shops in strip malls, there are full blown vape stores that open and then close again in months, and there are established vape stores that have been open for years. The ones that annoy me are the ones that have been around for a while, even years, and still the people behind the counter barely know anything. Or worse - pretend that they know what they're talking about and lie to you.

What it boils down to is employee turn over. When all's said and done, working in a vape shop is a retail sales job; and those jobs don't pay well.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
What it boils down to is employee turn over. When all's said and done, working in a vape shop is a retail sales job; and those jobs don't pay well.

Yeah, true, and it's a lot harder to sell me a mod than it is to sell me a cheeseburger.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
The beautiful thing about living in Southern California, OC to be more specific, is that there are several dozen vape stores within a 10 mile radius of my house. And that includes smoke shops that sell mods, tanks, coils, and juices. With competition that stiff, there are some very decent shops out here that have good customer service. The shop I go to, I call the guy that works there a juice sommelier... He has not steered me to the wrong juice.

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
I am lucky there is 4 vape shops in my city. 1 is great and the bloke is really helpful, one is okish but the bloke behind the counter looks like a career criminal heh, one is just high end sub ohm so i don't go there and the last is well they have a great range and its ok but its a bit yo vape bro hows it going? hmm im old and grumpy i am not your bro lol

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Ok, now it's getting just straight out ridiculous!
Where's the Chicago pizza flavor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ohhh FFS XD i almost died laughing c'mon who the heck in their right minds would vape this it sounds absolutely disgusting lmfao :p But good one though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread