Status
Not open for further replies.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
Not to rub it in anyone's face, but...

I was coming home from work today and right off the highway, I see a big sign that says "VAPE" in the mall I never go to because they don't (make that didn't) have any store that interested me. Almost unbelievable: a new vape shop opened minutes from home! To put things into perspective, we have some good to great vape shops downtown and around, but I'm on the end of town where downtown or around is over a half-hour away on a good day and parking can be a mess there. I definitely wasn't expecting something near home anytime soon, especially not this year.Of course, I had to check it out right away even though I'm full on juices and gear.

These guys are great: they have a counter with comfortable stools for testing and building, good gear they don't have at my (also great) downtown shop and they're super friendly as well. They noticed my Provari with the black Russian on top and we started talking about builds and mods. They even offered to let me build an Hcigar Kayfun and try it with one of their juices of my choice (they don't make their juices, but they have a nice enough selection for a store that's been open for only 2 weeks). I ended up spending over 3 hours in there, yet I'm waiting on their organic juice to be ready next week for my first purchase from them (I'm freshly full of juices). I definitely plan on buying a second mod and RBA there when my wallet gets a little fuller as their prices are pretty much as good as if I had to pay for shipping and wait for over a week.

They asked for my feedback on their current juice line, I taught them how Ohm's law really works (I work in electronics) and I can tell these guys are definitely there to support their clients. I now know that if I'm stuck I can get in the car any day and get a quick fix to absolutely any vaping problems from juice needs to needing a mod NOW -including unbleached organic cotton- within minutes, even late! (basically as fast and easy as if I needed to buy a pack of nails). vaping life is great and getting better.on my end :) I really wish it was like that for all of us!

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
I'm jealous. There is only one in my town and they are sub par.

I really feel for you! I wish your luck changes soon...

Sweet! It's amazing how things change in such a short time. A year and a half ago, find a decent vape shop anywhere was difficult. Now there is one in my area. To bad I DIY now and have all the HW I need. It's good to have a good place to send newbies.

Good local shops are a plus as they help convert more people. The more we are, the more laws will have to accommodate us.

Well, enjoy it while it lasts. None of us may have a vape shop within a couple years. We'll just be looking back with fond memories at the golden age of vaping as we wait to hook up with a new connection for black market nicotine base and hope we aren't about to get arrested.

See my previous response. I think we should start using positive thought to help us rather than feel defeated when we are still standing and put ourselves down so low the opposition will already have won before actually lifting a finger. Just pay attention at how many ridiculous sanctions that have been proposed and we don't even hear about anymore. If we are in numbers, they will have to adapt to our numbers, not the other way around. Stand proud and united! How in the world do you think countries from the Americas ever became independent? The US was the first, not the only one and the same goes for large groups of populations. BTW, wasn't pot just legalized in a bunch of States and Provinces? Was really illegal not long ago as far as I can tell... (there, I said it, spilled my guts and feel better! don't take it personal; a little friendly kick in the behind sometimes helps and I sure hope it does. And now to make a whole thread out of this one!)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
after trying dozens and dozens of vendor juices ... there's no need to pity some of us with no B+M ... I bought this stuff right here on ECF ... and I was introduced to the cleanest nic you can find anywhere, right here in the DIY section (hands down the most important ingredient for making top notch juice) ... that led to 3 DIY ADVs that are (IMO) better than any juice I've ever bought (5Pawns included) ;)

Cheers

mods.jpg

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
As our numbers grow our impact on big tobacco grows. They want to keep their income. As our numbers grow our potential to supply more tax dollars grows. It's not pessimistic to recognize patterns that have already been established and expect the patterns to continue. I hope for the best, but I remain distrustful of the arrogant elite. (We're trying hard to hijack this thread huh? Sorry. ;) )

Last edited:

flaming_gnat

Mar 22, 2014
canada
i'm lucky enough to have an AMAZING store in the city i live. there's actually 3 stores here! in a town that is only about 150k people....odd, but i'm not complaining! these guys are awesome. great hardware from small to large, they know their stuff, and they carry around 5 different brands of juice from some of the better canadian juice manufacturers....and they even started making their own. the owner is a very nice guy and seems to have a real knack for making his own juices. i just love it when i go in and he's got a new flavour for me to try! nice tasting bar too.

the downside: i usually set aside at least an hour when i go there because i end up socializing with the staff and customers. vape and hang out. free coffee too, so that keeps me there lol.

tried one of the other two stores in town....what a total disaster that place is. the owner was there when i went and although she was very nice, she didn't really seem have any idea what she was talking about. the hardware is all junk for the most part (seems to favour the low powered cigalikes). i was curious when she said she makes her own juice....yeah its crap. flavours just taste...fake for lack of better description. only mixes 70% PG because she's worried more VG will trash the atomizers sooner...but when i mentioned just dry burn the things she had no idea what i was talking about.

and then the icing on the cake...there was a tasting bar, so i gave it a go. it was unlabeled other than what flavour it was supposed to be. after one hit i started coughing...seemed way too strong. guess what? the tasters are 28mg nic! ... WERE YOU THINKING??? 28 in a TESTER! i couldn't even taste what it was supposed to be, just overpowered with nic. she said she wanted to let people taste what they were going to be buying...not many need to start on a 28! if you're a couple packs a day sure, but in my experience 18 does just fine for most to start with. i have to say the whole experience was downright insulting.

so i've kind of hit both ends of the spectrum here. so glad i have a good store to go to. its the only place i'll send anyone who wants to get started.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
As our numbers grow our impact on big tobacco grows. They want to keep their income. As our numbers grow our potential to supply more tax dollars grows. It's not pessimistic to recognize patterns that have already been established and expect the patterns to continue. I hope for the best, but I remain distrustful of the arrogant elite. (We're trying hard to hijack this thread huh? Sorry. ;) )

You're right, but it's not pessimistic to think that we can be big enough in numbers quick enough to be heard loud enough. (Good try :lol:) This conversation should be continued in my other thread if you like: Stop whining and start thinking positive!

i'm lucky enough to have an AMAZING store in the city i live. there's actually 3 stores here! in a town that is only about 150k people....odd, but i'm not complaining! these guys are awesome. great hardware from small to large, they know their stuff, and they carry around 5 different brands of juice from some of the better canadian juice manufacturers....and they even started making their own. the owner is a very nice guy and seems to have a real knack for making his own juices. i just love it when i go in and he's got a new flavour for me to try! nice tasting bar too.

the downside: i usually set aside at least an hour when i go there because i end up socializing with the staff and customers. vape and hang out. free coffee too, so that keeps me there lol.

tried one of the other two stores in town....what a total disaster that place is. the owner was there when i went and although she was very nice, she didn't really seem have any idea what she was talking about. the hardware is all junk for the most part (seems to favour the low powered cigalikes). i was curious when she said she makes her own juice....yeah its crap. flavours just taste...fake for lack of better description. only mixes 70% PG because she's worried more VG will trash the atomizers sooner...but when i mentioned just dry burn the things she had no idea what i was talking about.

and then the icing on the cake...there was a tasting bar, so i gave it a go. it was unlabeled other than what flavour it was supposed to be. after one hit i started coughing...seemed way too strong. guess what? the tasters are 28mg nic! ... WERE YOU THINKING??? 28 in a TESTER! i couldn't even taste what it was supposed to be, just overpowered with nic. she said she wanted to let people taste what they were going to be buying...not many need to start on a 28! if you're a couple packs a day sure, but in my experience 18 does just fine for most to start with. i have to say the whole experience was downright insulting.

so i've kind of hit both ends of the spectrum here. so glad i have a good store to go to. its the only place i'll send anyone who wants to get started.

Juices from 5 different makers makes it sound like one of the best places I have ever heard of (not even counting how great their own juices sound like)

That other shop sound like it's owned by someone who still smokes IMO, though.... food for thought ;)

rzil

May 6, 2014
Israel
Could be worse guys , in My country you have only 1 good online vape shop and he doesn't have all the really good stuff so most of us are buying from the U.S or fasttech.

Unfortunately few reporters scared the hell out of people so we are only few thousands , therefore also very few vape shops (I trust only 2 of them , 1 of them only sell juices)

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Here where I am, it seems the new thing is to add a vape section to whatever store you may own, be it gas station, head shop or adult toy store. There are even about a dozen dedicated vape shops within 10 or so miles of me. In general, all are way overpriced, even the juices are going for near a buck a ml at some. I would think that with all the competition, prices would be more competitive with online venders.

On the plus side, there are also some good shops with large selections of juices that have tasting bars and lounges to sit, relax and be around like minded folks.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
They banned selling ecig products where i live but no stress to me as like most things the products are cheaper and better to get delivered from the USA.

Could be worse guys , in My country you have only 1 good online vape shop and he doesn't have all the really good stuff so most of us are buying from the U.S or fasttech.

Unfortunately few reporters scared the hell out of people so we are only few thousands , therefore also very few vape shops (I trust only 2 of them , 1 of them only sell juices)

I wish you guys to gain grounds and at the very least to keep the right to import all you need. It's a numbers game at this point: the more vapers, the touchier it becomes to legislate.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
Here where I am, it seems the new thing is to add a vape section to whatever store you may own, be it gas station, head shop or adult toy store. There are even about a dozen dedicated vape shops within 10 or so miles of me. In general, all are way overpriced, even the juices are going for near a buck a ml at some. I would think that with all the competition, prices would be more competitive with online venders.

On the plus side, there are also some good shops with large selections of juices that have tasting bars and lounges to sit, relax and be around like minded folks.

I remember the stupid low prices for cigarettes and being able to buy them everywhere, including at the pharmacy during my last trip to Florida. People looked at me like I was ......ed when I asked where I could buy a pack. They banned drug stores from selling cigarettes over 20 years ago over here... 21 years smoking and I never could buy a pack at the drug store. I wish I could travel over and see the new trend for myself!

I have one store that's less then a mile away and another that's 2 miles away. If it was not for them I might still be vaping the gas station ecigs or have gone back to smoking by now.

That's the first reason I wish everyone would have a vape shop close to home. The downside is that I was ready to wait another couple of months before getting a second RBA and MOD. Now I'm really, really itchy and won't last 2 weeks... I can tell. At least the prices nearly match what I would pay to order from across the border and get it in record time if I didn't hold back a bit.

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
There's quite a few vape shops where I live. A lot of them seem like they're in it strictly for the money. I understand a shop owner needs to make some money, but when the atmosphere is cold and they don't let you look at anything without telling you how much everything costs right away kind of bugs me. There is a great shop down the road..literally blocks from my house that has helped me get through the trials and tribulations as a beginner. Really honest, nice people. I buy all of my tanks, coils and parts there and buy some juice from time to time. I take a trip to Minneapolis once a month or so to see family and go skateboard, hit a Twins game or whatever and I check out some shops there, chat with the folks that work there, try some of their stuff and take some home with me. I found a great shop in Minneapolis last time I was there and recently ordered more liquid from them. I think like a lot of people, the Vape shops in their area may not be the type of place someone would want to spend money so you're almost forced to go online.

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
1/2 dozen B&M's near by...................I still get everything on line.
I prefer the savings to convenience. You cannot spend convenience, but you sure can spend extra cash.:D

To each their own, I just believe that good vape shops deserve to be encouraged as a LOT of people actually get started thanks to them. I did say good vape shops. I also have to point out I don't collect mods and RBA's... at least not for now.

There's quite a few vape shops where I live. A lot of them seem like they're in it strictly for the money. I understand a shop owner needs to make some money, but when the atmosphere is cold and they don't let you look at anything without telling you how much everything costs right away kind of bugs me. There is a great shop down the road..literally blocks from my house that has helped me get through the trials and tribulations as a beginner. Really honest, nice people. I buy all of my tanks, coils and parts there and buy some juice from time to time. I take a trip to Minneapolis once a month or so to see family and go skateboard, hit a Twins game or whatever and I check out some shops there, chat with the folks that work there, try some of their stuff and take some home with me. I found a great shop in Minneapolis last time I was there and recently ordered more liquid from them. I think like a lot of people, the Vape shops in their area may not be the type of place someone would want to spend money so you're almost forced to go online.

I feel that bad shops with bad attitudes and high prices must make their money online from people who don't really shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread