Looking for Something for My Pipe-Smoking Grandpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

regnault

Feb 27, 2012
Nashville, TN
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and just purchased a BUD PRO ecig, and just think that it is the coolest thing. The technology of the 510 cartomizer is just right! I read this study by the FDA, http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ScienceResearch/UCM173250.pdf, which is just some analytical chemistry (one of my fav subjects) that confirmed to me that eCigarettes are pretty darn healthy (obviously inhaling anything but air isn't ideal). A friend showed me his eCig, and I promptly got one after trying it. I think that all my friends who smoke should get one, and that eCigs will replace "analogs" withing 15-20 years -- although, I think alot fewer people will "smoke". I really think I should get one for my 82 year old grandad who smokes his pipe all day everyday. He likes chemistry, and electronics, and I think there is a *chance* he might give up his pipe.

So here are some questions, which all pretty much deal with him, for anyone reading this...

Are there any vaporizer cigarettes that come looking like his meerschaum pipe?
What flavor of ejuice would you think best for a person who smokes a pipe (I can ask him what flavor tobacco he gets)?

Thanks,
Regnault

**first post- would like to be able to post in other parts of the forum, so somebody please discuss with me :)

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Hi, and welcome.

I used to smoke pipe years ago, so I have noticed a couple of e-pipes around. Here are a couple of relevant links on this forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pplier-forum/161583-510-e-pipe-cartopipe.html

DSE 601 *Pipe*

Plus, a site that I know that sells e-pipes:

Electronic Pipe | E-Pipe | Dse-601 Parts | Dse-601 Atomizers | Dse-601 Batteries |Dse601

I don't know of any really fancy e-pipes, as you may want, but it's almost certainly possible to mod most any pipe into an e-pipe.

With e-juices, I'd imagine many of them would do for a pipe smoker. Pipe tobacco is usually quite flavorful, with nearly any flavor added to the tobacco to enhance it. Pretty much like adding the same flavorings that e-liquids use to the tobacco... ;)

One vendor that springs to mind for me, is Johnson Creek. Their Red Oak juices tend to remind me of my old pipe tobacco.

EDIT: Oh, just found this fantastic site:

http://www.epipemods.com/

Pricey, and seemingly low on stock, but interesting.

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
As a cigar and pipe smoker (never cigarettes), I'll break down some of the best pipe out there so when you ask you'll know right where to go.

Aromatic Pipe:
Goodejuice Patriot
Quicknic
Grandpa's Nightcap

Highbrow Vapor French Pipe

Non-aromatic Pipe:
Goodejuice Habana Daydream
Want2vape London - english pipe tobacco
Want2vape Louisville Burley tobacco
Ahulsion Devil Dog Burley and Virginia

All of these are extracted from the real tobacco. That's why they taste like the real thing. As an extremely picky vaper when it comes to cigar and pipe tobaccos, I hope you find what you're looking for

regnault

Feb 27, 2012
Nashville, TN
Just watched some of those videos, Grimm seems like a cool guy. I especially was intrigued by the one about VaporCon- I had no idea there were so many people so passionate about vaping. I now really believe it will replace smoking in the near future.

I have another question that I might as well post here, since I can't post in the other forums yet...

I am going to start mixing/diluting my own eJuice for me and my friends who have eCigs. How long will, say, a liter batch keep for (I'm using PG as solvent, but may add some glycerin if that will affect it)? Is it good to keep it in a refrigerator? Stay away from certain flavors? And, besides keeping it in the dark, are there any other tips for making it last longer?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread