Just a quick hello !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMonster

Jan 24, 2017
Southeastern, MA
Hey there!

Been reading up on the forum here for the past couple of weeks and decided to finally create an account. Lots of great info in the forum... many thanks to those who have contributed!

Gonna place my first fasttech order this week and get some cheap starter stuff, but have already started to compile a list of some more advance stuff (ie. regulated tube mod, batteries, chargers). I'll post questions I have in the appropriate forums (vv/vw apv, batteries/chargers, etc).

Already found the fasttech thread, so I'm aware of the of CNY and how it'll affect shipping... nice of them to put out a 20% off coupon for the end of this week (1/25-1/27).

I've started doing research on vamo v5/v7, and the sigelei zmax v5...

Figured I'd say Hello ;)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Figured I'd say Hello ;)

Hello indeed, Welcome @GreenMonster

There is no research needed to make on Vamos and Zmaxs. There is simply no need for anybody to buy this sort of hardware any more. Both are fairly dreadful and won't cope with modern tanks/coils and unless we are talking incredibly cheap with super-low expectation of life and vape quality, then best to forget it.

Oh... and in the vape community, we pass this stuff on, not get our fellow man to actually give somebody some money for it.

GreenMonster

Jan 24, 2017
Southeastern, MA
Oh... and in the vape community, we pass this stuff on, not get our fellow man to actually give somebody some money for it.

Ahhh.. hand me downs ;)

Seems like a lot of people here are running box mods, but I like the looks of a tube mod...

Is is all about the sub-ohm now (aspire cf mod) ? What are some newer cheap regulated tube mods? I'm looking to start off cheap. Not ready for a provari just yet :)

There's a lot of options out there, so it can be a little overwhelming...

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Welcome to ECF
green-monster-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Welcome GreenMonster, provari are actually incredibly easy to use but if you wanna start with a tube style try a smock stick or smok vape pen 22.
They are both sub ohm but not variable wattage and by the way sub ohm means 1.0 or below.

The aspire k4 is also a good tube mod but is quite Alot bigger.
I still use tube style myself, they can still pack a good punch :)

Reactions: GreenMonster

GreenMonster

Jan 24, 2017
Southeastern, MA
Welcome. Just please put good money into batteries from a good source . Vamos and zmaxes r cheap enough to have a few bucks left over. I d recommend the Sigeli zmax, user support available here.

Yep... Thanks. Mooch has some excellent info. Already read all the warning threads about Chinese batteries and chargers... Looking at US suppliers. The usual suspects (rtdvapor, Illumn,etc).

The sigelei zmax user group thread is at like 290 pages, but I've only read the last 10 pages or so...

Reactions: r77r7r

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Ahhh.. hand me downs ;)

Seems like a lot of people here are running box mods, but I like the looks of a tube mod...

Is is all about the sub-ohm now (aspire cf mod) ? What are some newer cheap regulated tube mods? I'm looking to start off cheap. Not ready for a provari just yet :)

There's a lot of options out there, so it can be a little overwhelming...

Yes... it's a (sometimes) steep old mountain of learning.

If you like tubes, we can do tubes just about. You don't have to sub-ohm to run some sort of tube. Actually, it can be really advantageous to battery life. Pair the right tube battery (yes, most are capable of sub-ohm) with a nice tank and you have a great set-up.

Batteries tend to come in 18-19mm and 22mm (and others too).

I use the 18-19mm often with what I call 'slim' tanks (not 22mm ones, basically).

Tubes with VV/VW are less easy to find. I had a Smok SID and a Vamo and even a Lavatube.
The Lavatubes from Volcano are freakishly expensive and catagorically not worth the money, not even close.
The Vamos were OK but they a HUGE compared to an iStick.... total light sabre, dude. :)

There is the famous Innokin SVD v.2 "Just call me Luke and hit me with some Jedi Juice"

Again, watch out for the SVD 1.... they are still around and some unscrupulous dealers doubled the prices on them to catch (stupid) people who wanted to replace a broken one.

It's laughable..... I mean, if you want to replace an old mobile phone because it's what you like, it should be half the price 3 years later, not double...

(Stupid darn e-cig industry)....

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey there!
Been reading up on the forum here for the past couple of weeks and decided to finally create an account. Lots of great info in the forum... many thanks to those who have contributed!
Gonna place my first fasttech order this week and get some cheap starter stuff, but have already started to compile a list of some more advance stuff (ie. regulated tube mod, batteries, chargers). I'll post questions I have in the appropriate forums (vv/vw apv, batteries/chargers, etc).
Already found the fasttech thread, so I'm aware of the of CNY and how it'll affect shipping... nice of them to put out a 20% off coupon for the end of this week (1/25-1/27).
Figured I'd say Hello ;)
Welcome and glad you joined. I have been to Duckin Donut land many times, relatives. Might want to be very careful ordering from FT, if something goes wrong, you may have a long wait to correct it.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: GreenMonster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread