Looking for advice for my wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ECF,

I generally lurk and don't post much.
I first wanted to say thank you to all the members who post all the great information that has helped my on my vaping journey.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

Myself have been just over 8 months and I havnt had a single analogue. Started off with clearos, moved to cartos for a while and now all I use is my Kayfun on a Nemesis while driving and a Veritas dripper on a Stingray all other times (safe batteries of course). I will definitely never go back to smoking as even the smell of them puts me right off now.

My wife and I started the journey together and she went 3 months originally without an analogue.
Then came school holidays (stressful for mums) and she started having a few analogues a day as she said the vaping wasn't working for her cravings with the extra stress.
She slowly stopped vaping all together and started smoking full time again for about the past 5 months.

Then about 3 weeks ago she said she would like to try vaping again but didn't want "big mods" like mine. I got her a couple of 650mah VV batteries and whacked on some of my old carto tanks for her and she was very happy for 2 weeks at 6mg juice.

Then last week, her pre menstrual cycle started (as a guy I obviously don't really understand what they go through very well) and she said that with her hormones going crazy the vaping just wasn't working again. She has been back on analogues for the past week.

I have pretty much run out of ideas. I mixed her up some 16mg juice and she said it made her feel sick as the nic was to high, so I've tried 14,12,10 (all made her feel sick). 6 or 8 mg juice still doesnt curve the cravings during this cycle.

If anyone has any sggestions on anything else to try I would be very appreciative.

Sorry for such a long post.

Thanks all :)

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
I asked my wife, and she said this make sense to her, but she never put it all together before. She asks what brand/strength cig she smokes and how many... also how much she vapes.

Any chance the nausea is actually just from cramps etc vs the nic level?

My suggestion was to change flavors more and basically treat it the same as food cravings at that time... i.e., chocolate, salty, etc.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What Pg/Vg ratios are you mixing and what type of flavorings?
What Brand of Nic are you using? No, they are not all the same. Not even close.
Some are off tasting. Some are kind of peppery at almost any level. Some seem to have almost no noticeable taste to effect a blend..

If she can vape 8mg without issue, 10mg should Not bother her system. An adjustment to the overall mix may be in order.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
This will take some studying, but vaping didn't work for me until I got into rebuilding and unregulated mods. I needed that lung filling vapor. It's not going to be as easy as what others have suggested but since I have got into it I haven't looked back. Even at a very low mg nicotine it was about the feeling in my lungs. It's odd but cigarettes never gave me a plume of vapor like I am getting now but they filled my lungs in a way that only rebuilding has offered me.

If you do go this route though, do your homework here on ECF, get some good batteries and be safe. It may not be the easiest solution but it is what has worked for me. This is why my ticker in my signature is lower than most, but once I got into this I doubt I will have to reset it. Hope this helps.

@FlamingoTutu - I just showed her what the istick looks like on youtube ans she said no way as its a "box" lol. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@ JimmyDB - She smokes Alpine menthol 12mg cigarettes, about 20 a day. She does rotate between menthol tobacco flavor and vanilla juice, maybe I should try throwing a third flavor into the mix.

@crxess - For her I mix 50/50 on the two flavors she likes (menthol tobacco + vanilla) and she is usually fine with it. I use nic from myfreedomsmokes.com.
Maybe I should try a higher VG ratio mix.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys :)

This will take some studying, but vaping didn't work for me until I got into rebuilding and unregulated mods. I needed that lung filling vapor. It's not going to be as easy as what others have suggested but since I have got into it I haven't looked back. Even at a very low mg nicotine it was about the feeling in my lungs. It's odd but cigarettes never gave me a plume of vapor like I am getting now but they filled my lungs in a way that only rebuilding has offered me.

If you do go this route though, do your homework here on ECF, get some good batteries and be safe. It may not be the easiest solution but it is what has worked for me. This is why my ticker in my signature is lower than most, but once I got into this I doubt I will have to reset it. Hope this helps.

Hi ReigntheGamer, I already use RBA/RTA's etc myself and that's also what has kept me on the vaping journey. I too was searching for that "lung fill". I'm well aware of battery safety etc (I only use VTC5s).
Unfortunately, she won't use them because they make her cough badly when she has tried mine and they are also too big for her liking.
Thanks for the comments though :)

PS.... that clown out of American Horror Story freaks that crap outa me lol

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'm thinking Vanilla is a bit to rich at times. A third flavor may help. Something in another spectrum.(not rich/Sweet)
Menthol flavors can be tricky. Some like them potent but they can be very enjoyable in a Light mix also.

Not so sure about boosting the VG - it adds a sweetness to the mix as is.

What about testing Her preferred Menthol in a 70/30 or a 65/35 - leaning more toward the cigarette feel?

As suggested, realizing what she eats/enjoys at these times may be a key to finding a mix she will desire rather than try to put up with.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I think we will go down to one of the B&M in Melbourne (unfortunately, there is only 2 :( ) and get her to try some new flavors and hopefully find something she likes.
I will also try adjusting the pg/vg ratios to see if that helps with her current flavors.

@ScottP - I didn't even know about "WTA" so I did some research on it and it definitely makes sense to give that a try as well.
Would RY4 have WTA in it? As I have plenty of that on hand already.

Cheers.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Many people just can't (or don't want to), give up their smoldering stinky old crutch, it's a matter of familiarity, habit and personal choice. Could be your wife just doesn't want to quit smoking. If that's the case, chances are, nothing you do will help. You're already leading by example and that's a big incentive. If she truly does want to quit but just can't, I agree with WillyZee, you need to find a flavor/juice she loves so much she just wants to chain vape it. Pull out the big guns and make her feel special, Nicoticket, Ahlusion or other "top shelf" vendor is where I would start. 6mg of nic is a recipe for failure, likely isn't going to cut it but If her mind is set that she can't tolerate a higher nic level there is one other way around the problem. Increase the amount of vapor (and therefor nic), each time she inhales. Lower ohms equals more vapor (and nic), per inhale than the typical single coil high ohm carto setup can provide. With a single micro-coil @ around 0.8 ohms, a two second mouth to lung inhale is roughly equivalent to a draw off a cigarette. The amount of vapor (and nic), inhaled will be several times higher than what a 1.8 ohm carto will provide. Your wife doesn't like "big" mods (neither do I), but there are many smaller options out there. An Astro mech mod in 18350 mode paired with a Kayfun nano fits in the palm of your hand but is capable of handling performance builds. Important thing is to provide her with a setup she likes and feels "comfortable" using but that also can produce adequate results. Just my ten cents, I wish you the best of luck.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
My wife loves them small also. Got her some eGo spinners and run them on 4 volts. Now got her into iTaste Express. She absolutely loves that system and is her favorite. She uses 6mg. When she needs more I keep one of mine loaded up in my room with 18mg for her in craving times, Problem with most people that are having trouble is not cleaning them out and changing burners often enough. I clean and new burners every two or three tank fulls. Hope this helps. CHEERS

Kangertech Mini Protank 3 but run protank 2 coils because they are simple to rebuild.

Innokin iTaste Express VV/VW 3.0

The above is really a goof proof setup. Glass tanks. For a women you can not beat them tanks for compact and leak proof.

Last edited:
@JimmyDB - Thanks for the clarification, I will research WTA juices further.

@Str8vision - I have trouble coming to terms with it, but I do get the sense sometimes, that she doesn't actually deep down want to give up and just keeps stringing me along to keep me happy. The reason I keep persisting with it is because:

1. She is my wife that I love dearly and I am concerned for her health and won't give up.
2. She was actually the one who wanted to (8 months ago) try it first.
3. It took me quite a while to find my "happy place" with vaping which ended up being sub ohming with mech mods/RDA/RTA's. Hence why I want to keep searching for her "happy place".

@wheelie - I'll check out your hardware suggestions and see what she thinks about them to see if I can potentially find her "happy place" with vaping.

Thanks again to everyone's suggestions :)

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Thanks all for the suggestions, I think we will go down to one of the B&M in Melbourne (unfortunately, there is only 2 :( ) and get her to try some new flavors and hopefully find something she likes.
I will also try adjusting the pg/vg ratios to see if that helps with her current flavors.

@ScottP - I didn't even know about "WTA" so I did some research on it and it definitely makes sense to give that a try as well.
Would RY4 have WTA in it? As I have plenty of that on hand already.

Cheers.

Out of curiosity where are the b&m stores , suburb or street if in the city ?

I'm familiar with someone trying to cling on to the smokes. Anything is a reason to have one.
Just have to show vaping is better for you and it is more exciting and gives you a greater choice at a way better price.

More so if your in Australia as the price of smokes is a lot more than they are in the USA.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
@FlamingoTutu - I just showed her what the istick looks like on youtube ans she said no way as its a "box" lol. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@ JimmyDB - She smokes Alpine menthol 12mg cigarettes, about 20 a day. She does rotate between menthol tobacco flavor and vanilla juice, maybe I should try throwing a third flavor into the mix.

@crxess - For her I mix 50/50 on the two flavors she likes (menthol tobacco + vanilla) and she is usually fine with it. I use nic from myfreedomsmokes.com.
Maybe I should try a higher VG ratio mix.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys :)

when you said menthol + tobaccco and vanilla, this came to mind:
Vanilla Tobacco with a kick of mint!

I vape that sometimes and spot on with those flavors you just mentioned. :)

I completely understand your wife not wanting large mods. I would suggest having her look thru this topic, 151 pages, yes, but she WIL "see" the PV she would want. Start with the later pages maybe and work backwards.
There are nothing but girlie mods here that even guys like. :)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...show-us-your-girly-pretty-decorated-pink.html

oh, and the vanilla tobacco menthol juice, here's another one that is fantastic:
http://www.mountainoakvapors.com/product-p/mo-tn-1014.htm

you have to request adding menthol in drop down box

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Hi ReigntheGamer, I already use RBA/RTA's etc myself and that's also what has kept me on the vaping journey. I too was searching for that "lung fill". I'm well aware of battery safety etc (I only use VTC5s).
Unfortunately, she won't use them because they make her cough badly when she has tried mine and they are also too big for her liking.

I was the same way. I couldnt hit a dripper for nothing without gagging then I picked up one of these. Smoktech Octopus RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer New Free Shipping | eBay and I was able to use them with no problems. Also tried one of these Vaporizers Vapor Accessories Smok Dripper RDA | eBay They are small, fits on an ego batt and I was able to do small lung hits and still enjoy the flavor a dripper gives you. Didnt take long before I was able to do lung hits on my patriot, TOBH and Magma after using these mini's. Might be what your wife needs.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014

Gotcha, no worries hopefully some of the others suggestions will help. And thanks Twisty is awesome I haven't been creeped out like that by a TV show in a long time had to give him some props with an avi. :)

Redruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
Crawley, England
You've had loads of suggestions here so I just wanted to say good luck. I hope you find a sweet spot for your wife that will help her make that final leap and give up the stinky sticks. Take care not to put pressure on her though, if she is vaping and using analogs she is presumably using less than she used to. So that is still good. It just takes some people longer than others. Try to encourage her vaping without criticising her using analogs, or making her feel guilty ect. Let her find her way in her own way. I wish you both the very best of luck and hope it works out ok.
Happy vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread