Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
On the vamo threading.

It DOES have both ego and 510 threading BUT some ego devices do not fit well as the ego threading is sort of recessed down into the top of the VAMO. Some ego devices fit without an adapter and some do not.

I ALWAYS leave an ego/510 adapter on mine. The threading on a vamo is brass which is a soft metal. There have been quite a few reports on the forums of stripped or otherwise damage threading on the vamo. I put the adapter on and just leave it there (so screwing something into the vamo threading ONCE) then I attach all my devices to the adapter. I just feel it cuts down on the wear and tear on the vamo threading protecting it a little bit.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Greetings ECF readers! New guy here - first post! I am about 2 months or so into vaping and completely traditional cigarette free. I must admit that it wasn't really hard at all to quit smoking by substituting e-cigs for traditional cigarettes. I most definitely believe in the "changing your habit, not giving it up" philosophy. Got my start by buying a Joyetech 650 mah battery kit and using Blu cartos on it. I've more or less moved away from the Blu cartos now as I found a reasonably local vape shop near me that creates their own e-liquids and the owner introduced me to Kanger T3 tanks!

Anyway, I am looking to move up hardware wise, so I was looking at this Vamo kit:

$51.42 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thoughts or suggestions? From what I have read, this kit seems to have all of the things in it by default that posters in other Vamo related threads suggested adding to other kits (the Nitecore charger and 2 Panasonic 18650 batteries). This is the Vamo v2 correct?

Thinking of "pulling the trigger" on this, but would like some input from far more experienced vapers.

Also, my most sincere thanks to all of the posters that I have learned to much from already! I've been devouring what I can read on ECF and appreciate the time and the effort that some posters put into really detailed responses that illustrate how to step by step do something or a really good list of what hardware to buy, where to get it, etc. A stellar group of people are on these forums!

Thanks again. Look forward to more posting later!

Others will tell you that you can't go wrong with a Vamo, an excellent entry level mod with surprisingly complete features, respectable quality, and fabulous pricing. Totally agree, and yes I do really like the new V3. Much better looking in "person" and I have grown to love it! And yes you can order it without the Rhinestones. However, hindsight being 20/20, I would spend $20 more and get a Sigelei. The telescoping V3 has all the same features of the Vamo, and more, is better quality, better looking, flexible and adjustable tube/tubing providing for long/short, home/away, stealth/Home coffee table, etc. Currently my favorite APV. Seriously, you'll thank me. At least half the fun of vaping is the Journey, and a big part of the Journey is the unexpected, sudden Hobbyist monster that appears shortly after introduction to the wonderful world of vaping. For me, that means, get both! Together or in sequence. You'll need backups anyway. Can you have too many mods? I..don't...think...so! The Sigelei is a notch above the Vamo, and if you can swing it, you'll like it a bit more, or at least I did, imho. Welcome to ECF and Happy Vaping!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Can someone summarize a few key battery points if I'm bumping to a VAMO (from Ego's)?
For instance, one of these has 2x18350's (no name) plus 2 clone Vivi Nova's, while one has 2xs18650's (Panasonic - actually, in one place it says "2 included," in another place it says "1, not included") - at almost exactly the same price.

I mostly am wondering:
What, actually, are my battery options - meaning can you run 2 small, or 1 large, or 2 large? And what's the approx mAh of the combinations?
Are Nitecore or Panasonic or Trustfire chargers and/or batteries better, or are the best ones others I should buy separately?

Thanks for advice!
Probably will do this next month, unless I win an EVIC in a contest I entered :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
On the vamo threading.

It DOES have both ego and 510 threading BUT some ego devices do not fit well as the ego threading is sort of recessed down into the top of the VAMO. Some ego devices fit without an adapter and some do not.

I ALWAYS leave an ego/510 adapter on mine. The threading on a vamo is brass which is a soft metal. There have been quite a few reports on the forums of stripped or otherwise damage threading on the vamo. I put the adapter on and just leave it there (so screwing something into the vamo threading ONCE) then I attach all my devices to the adapter. I just feel it cuts down on the wear and tear on the vamo threading protecting it a little bit.

Myrany I haven't seen quite a few reports of stripped or damaged threading since the Vamo was released. Some people have jammed there attachments on too hard - and that is going to be a problem on any mod. And a few people have had issues, but many of us user shaven't. Attachments shouldn't be over-tightened tho - on any device.
I've been using the same Vamo for over 6 months now and there's no stripping on the threads. I even sent it flying off a table recently so that a Vivi nova ended up jammed sideways on the centre pin. I had to pull the thing hard to get it straight and then unscrew it. The centre pin still works fine.
Some people do like to use adapters on their mods to have less wear on the threads. I don't use them unless I have a different threaded attachment - like an 808 carto for instance.
I just wanted to say this because I haven't seen a lot of reports of this and people can use a Vamo without an adapter. Like any mod they need to be used properly tho. Using an adapter to save on overall wear and tear on a mod is not a bad idea either.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Can someone summarize a few key battery points if I'm bumping to a VAMO (from Ego's)?
For instance, one of these has 2x18350's (no name) plus 2 clone Vivi Nova's, while one has 2xs18650's (Panasonic - actually, in one place it says "2 included," in another place it says "1, not included") - at almost exactly the same price.

I mostly am wondering:
What, actually, are my battery options - meaning can you run 2 small, or 1 large, or 2 large? And what's the approx mAh of the combinations?
Are Nitecore or Panasonic or Trustfire chargers and/or batteries better, or are the best ones others I should buy separately?

Thanks for advice!
Probably will do this next month, unless I win an EVIC in a contest I entered :)

Forget the no-name. This one you linked has two good batteries and a good charger:
$53.33 Vamo-Vivi Stainless Steel Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

A lot has been posted on this on the forums. This post explains the reasoning a bit more:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ill-probs-help-loads-newbies.html#post9837970

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com

That is the one i went with because i do not have a charger and wanted a good one. I don't plan to stack 18350 batts because stacking is so problematic, perhaps dangerous even, unless i don't get the watts I want. i may use one if I plan to take it out of the house.

So since backups are a good thing to have, does anyone know for certain (maybe a reader owns one?) if the SS Vamo also has SS 510 threading? I have read somewhere (possibly here?) that they do? The 510 threading on mine (the black/gunmetal colored one) does feel really soft and crunchy, perhaps due to it being brass as someone suggested, and I just don't trust it. Works GREAT so far with my Kanger T3s, and more or less that's all I have been using on it. I had tried the Ego to 510 adapter on it, and while it did go in (also felt crunchy) when I put the T3 on it the draw was WAY tight. At this point my thoughts are:

1. Get a SS Vamo - assuming the 510 threading in it is SS also (and keeping the original Vamo as a backup).

2. See if I can return the original Vamo to Fasttech and get credit for it towards a SS Vamo? (Anyone think they'd allow me to do that? While at this point I suppose technically there's nothing "wrong" with it function wise, I am not entirely happy with it and do fear eventually stripping the 510 threads on it).

3. Get the telescoping Sigelei Zmax v3 that I still look at and constantly ponder "adding to the cart". (Not truly related to #1 or #2 but I do think at this point that I'd like to have both a telescoping Zmax as well as a Vamo.)

I don't really see that I am over tightening my 510 cartos down on the Vamo, but it's just not at all smooth and that disturbs me. I can put that same 510 carto on a regular 650 mah Ego battery and it threads on like butter. I do like to change tanks/flavors over the course of the day, and if I DO move into carto tanks I will most definitely be giving the 510 threading on any device a work out.

Overall, loving my new Vamo aside from my 510 threading concerns. While I don't have a "single button only" device to compare it to, I DO really like the 3 button functionality of the Vamo and being able to check resistance, check remaining battery charge, and adjust power up or down with ease.

Your thoughts?
As always, thank you!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread