Looking at a VAMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings ECF readers! New guy here - first post! I am about 2 months or so into vaping and completely traditional cigarette free. I must admit that it wasn't really hard at all to quit smoking by substituting e-cigs for traditional cigarettes. I most definitely believe in the "changing your habit, not giving it up" philosophy. Got my start by buying a joyetech 650 mah battery kit and using Blu cartos on it. I've more or less moved away from the Blu cartos now as I found a reasonably local vape shop near me that creates their own e-liquids and the owner introduced me to Kanger T3 tanks!

Anyway, I am looking to move up hardware wise, so I was looking at this Vamo kit:

$51.42 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thoughts or suggestions? From what I have read, this kit seems to have all of the things in it by default that posters in other Vamo related threads suggested adding to other kits (the Nitecore charger and 2 Panasonic 18650 batteries). This is the Vamo v2 correct?

Thinking of "pulling the trigger" on this, but would like some input from far more experienced vapers.

Also, my most sincere thanks to all of the posters that I have learned to much from already! I've been devouring what I can read on ECF and appreciate the time and the effort that some posters put into really detailed responses that illustrate how to step by step do something or a really good list of what hardware to buy, where to get it, etc. A stellar group of people are on these forums!

Thanks again. Look forward to more posting later!

v-eco

Moved On
May 23, 2013
USA
www.facebook.com
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
LOVE my Vamo and have ordered from Fasttech and was very happy with the order. Friend ordered a low priced PV from them and it was DOA- FT replaced it with no questions asked. The kit includes a top notch charger and batteries. My only criticism of the kit is the Vamo is not SS. All other finishes do not wear very well- they scratch easily, are finger print magnets and wear spots appear.

Last edited:

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
vamo is a good buy....exhale vapors has them cheap....spend the extra 5 or 10 on ss, fasttech is reliable these days Vamo V2 SS ZAU SS.jpg

tennessee jedi

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Holly Springs,NC
LOVE my Vamo and have ordered from Fasttech and was very happy with the order. The kit includes a top notch charger and batteries. My only criticism of the kit is the Vamo is not SS. All other finishes do not wear very well- they scratch easily, are finger print magnets and wear spots appear.
Congrats on quitting the stink sticks. I am going to have to agree with Vapoor on the stainless steel thing. I have also heard things about the other vamos and it was the same thing about the finish. I just recently recieved my vamo ss from vaporbreak, a nitecore i2 from fastech,an 18650 from efest, and just for giggles i ordered a trustfire tr001 from a seller on ebay just in case for a back up. I wish i would have seen deal that your looking at. First off, everything took about 20 days to get but, it was all there and neatly packaged. My only issue was that the nitecore did not work on arrival so i emailed fastech and they told me to try another cord. I tried the cord that came with the trustfire charger and it worked like a charm. Fastech is mailing me a new cord as we speak it will probably be here by christmas :facepalm: I havent tried the trustfire charger but the nitecore works great. I am so happy with the vamo ss, it is so much better than the ego twist i was using. Currently i am using a protank on it and stay between 3.7 and 4.4 volts depending on what im feeling like. Of course i am very new at this so i am just testing the waters but, i love it so far. I am going to purchase an ibtanked tank kit next and if anybody can tell me which one looks better on the vamo ss i would appreciate it. Thanks. Oh, and good look on your vamo samurai

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Congrats on quitting the stink sticks. I am going to have to agree with Vapoor on the stainless steel thing. I have also heard things about the other vamos and it was the same thing about the finish. I just recently recieved my vamo ss from vaporbreak, a nitecore i2 from fastech,an 18650 from efest, and just for giggles i ordered a trustfire tr001 from a seller on ebay just in case for a back up. I wish i would have seen deal that your looking at. First off, everything took about 20 days to get but, it was all there and neatly packaged. My only issue was that the nitecore did not work on arrival so i emailed fastech and they told me to try another cord. I tried the cord that came with the trustfire charger and it worked like a charm. Fastech is mailing me a new cord as we speak it will probably be here by christmas :facepalm: I havent tried the trustfire charger but the nitecore works great. I am so happy with the vamo ss, it is so much better than the ego twist i was using. Currently i am using a protank on it and stay between 3.7 and 4.4 volts depending on what im feeling like. Of course i am very new at this so i am just testing the waters but, i love it so far. I am going to purchase an ibtanked tank kit next and if anybody can tell me which one looks better on the vamo ss i would appreciate it. Thanks. Oh, and good look on your vamo samurai

Congrats and glad it's working so well. Most of us run the Vamo in NO2 mode and we also use the wattage setting rather than the voltage setting.
Best of Luck.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I have had my chrome Vamo for a couple of months, no wear spots showing up. One nice thing about the Vamo, I've discovered that with my all-day-vape juice, I prefer VV over VW - with the 0.5 watts increments I seem to jump all around the 'sweet spot' w/o actually hitting it on VW; VV seems to give a better ability to 'fine tune'. And I didn't have to spend $$$ to find this out.

IMO & YMMV :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I've read a lot of post that said they wished they had gotten the stainless steel one because it stays looking new. I don't own one (yet) but might be something to ponder. I would appreciate what other Vamo owners have to say. I have been really impressed with Fasttech and have gotten my orders in 8 days. Not bad.

jg1986

Verified Member
May 25, 2013
California
Greetings ECF readers! New guy here - first post! I am about 2 months or so into vaping and completely traditional cigarette free. I must admit that it wasn't really hard at all to quit smoking by substituting e-cigs for traditional cigarettes. I most definitely believe in the "changing your habit, not giving it up" philosophy. Got my start by buying a Joyetech 650 mah battery kit and using Blu cartos on it. I've more or less moved away from the Blu cartos now as I found a reasonably local vape shop near me that creates their own e-liquids and the owner introduced me to Kanger T3 tanks!

Anyway, I am looking to move up hardware wise, so I was looking at this Vamo kit:

$51.42 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thoughts or suggestions? From what I have read, this kit seems to have all of the things in it by default that posters in other Vamo related threads suggested adding to other kits (the Nitecore charger and 2 Panasonic 18650 batteries). This is the Vamo v2 correct?

Thinking of "pulling the trigger" on this, but would like some input from far more experienced vapers.

Also, my most sincere thanks to all of the posters that I have learned to much from already! I've been devouring what I can read on ECF and appreciate the time and the effort that some posters put into really detailed responses that illustrate how to step by step do something or a really good list of what hardware to buy, where to get it, etc. A stellar group of people are on these forums!

Thanks again. Look forward to more posting later!

Just picked a vamo v2 myself. I love it. I switched from an ego 650maH battery and I am loving the variable wattage option. Makes it so much easier. Also, there is a hidden feature. Watch PBasardo's review on the vamo and he will explain the feature. I have a vivi nova tank and just picked up a kanger protank and I enjoy both on the vamo. I put a sphere glass tip on the nova and it gives me a nice slow thick draw. The protank feels almost like the atomizer is doing most of the work. I recommend a vamo v2. It's a great device for an introduction to MODs, and has a lot of great features.

Just picked a vamo v2 myself. I love it. I switched from an ego 650maH battery and I am loving the variable wattage option. Makes it so much easier. Also, there is a hidden feature. Watch PBasardo's review on the vamo and he will explain the feature. I have a vivi nova tank and just picked up a kanger protank and I enjoy both on the vamo. I put a sphere glass tip on the nova and it gives me a nice slow thick draw. The protank feels almost like the atomizer is doing most of the work. I recommend a vamo v2. It's a great device for an introduction to MODs, and has a lot of great features.

Oh I have seen Phil Busardo's YouTube review of the Vamo several times! His channel was one of the places I searched hoping to find his take on it when I was considering getting one. I watch almost every video the man puts out! Full of good information!

Thank you all of your input and suggestions - please feel free to continue with your thoughts and comments! It does sound like this Vamo kit is a great deal. I may have to rethink the black option in favor of the stainless model due to the issues previous posters mentioned. Stainless is OK, but my preference would be black, although I believe I could buy a J wrap for it, yes?

I am also considering the Sigelei Zmax v3 (telescoping) instead of the Vamo. I'll have to find the link for the kit I was looking at online. I have seen one in person and used it and it does have a large degree of appeal also. Definitely like the angled head more than then flat top model. The telescoping feature is nice too along with the battery flexibility options. The OLED screen seems to be pretty nice as well.

Back to the Vamo - can I use the other "in between size" batteries in it (I think I've read about 18490 and/or maybe 18500?), or just either the 18650 or 18350 types?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread