Look what I got today from my state senator

Status
Not open for further replies.

staceybritt13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Look what I got!! I think this is awesome!!

Dear Mrs. Britt:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is expected to finalize regulations for electronic cigarettes in 2015. In a bizarre example of the Obama administration creating novel definitions to words with otherwise plain meaning, the FDA has decided to regulate electronic cigarettes as tobacco products even though electronic cigarettes do not contain tobacco. These regulations will apply to e-cigarettes released into the market after February 15, 2007. Since the majority of these products did not exist prior to this date, nearly all e-cigarette products will be affected by these new regulations coming out of FDA.

On April 28, 2015, Representative Tom Cole (R-OK) introduced H.R. 2058, which was referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee before being referred to the Subcommittee on Health. If enacted, H.R. 2058 would prevent FDA from banning tobacco products that have been introduced to the market after 2007.

I understand your concerns with the Federal Drug Administration's regulation of electronic cigarettes and agree that e-cigarettes should not be subject to tobacco product regulations, since they are, in fact, products that contain exactly no tobacco. The out-of-control executive branch regulatory regime has hurt our economy, as evidenced by the unacceptable economic stagnation we have been experiencing for far too long. If H.R. 2058 comes before the Senate, I will support it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. It is important to hear from citizens on issues that affect the state and the nation. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,

TillisInformalSignature.PNG
Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Hmm sounds like he would not support it if his party was in the WH though.
And he never came out and said he supported vaping as a smoking alternative.
Just the party line and economics of it.
Good to have him support the bill if it comes up though, otherwise political rhetoric.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Nice to see a senator with an ounce of common sense. Living in Illinois, we don't have any of those.

True dat. I've received emails from Senator Durbin telling me that we have to agree to disagree on such issues. He's in the front lines of the battle to "save the children".

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I find that response quite encouraging. He would probably be a lot more cautious if he was a lone wolf on this. Perhaps all is not lost. Attorney General Miller of Iowa made unambiguous comments in favor of vaping when few politicians have the courage to do that and now he's got 10's of millions of friends around the world. The same goes fur CA Rep Duncan Hunter.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
(sighs and tosses her Democrat registration in the trash...)
I'm actually gonna vote Republican in 2016 if 1)they have a brain re: vaping and 2) I can stomach the rest of their policies.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies. And ejuice.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
out-of-control executive branch regulatory regime
Kind of how my doubts here. Out of control--YES. Obama has tried to quit--doubt if he has. He should be more aware of what his minions are doing. I think Obama has dropped the ball on folks like us.
It's good to know some FED legislators get it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Look what I got!! I think this is awesome!!

Dear Mrs. Britt:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is expected to finalize regulations for electronic cigarettes in 2015. In a bizarre example of the Obama administration creating novel definitions to words with otherwise plain meaning, the FDA has decided to regulate electronic cigarettes as tobacco products even though electronic cigarettes do not contain tobacco. These regulations will apply to e-cigarettes released into the market after February 15, 2007. Since the majority of these products did not exist prior to this date, nearly all e-cigarette products will be affected by these new regulations coming out of FDA.

On April 28, 2015, Representative Tom Cole (R-OK) introduced H.R. 2058, which was referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee before being referred to the Subcommittee on Health. If enacted, H.R. 2058 would prevent FDA from banning tobacco products that have been introduced to the market after 2007.

I understand your concerns with the Federal Drug Administration's regulation of electronic cigarettes and agree that e-cigarettes should not be subject to tobacco product regulations, since they are, in fact, products that contain exactly no tobacco. The out-of-control executive branch regulatory regime has hurt our economy, as evidenced by the unacceptable economic stagnation we have been experiencing for far too long. If H.R. 2058 comes before the Senate, I will support it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. It is important to hear from citizens on issues that affect the state and the nation. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,

TillisInformalSignature.PNG
Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator

This is just about unbelievable....a senator with a brain.

Thanks for your time and effort contacting him, and sharing his response.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
If anyone has one of these as a Representative, please write to them of your success.

U.S. House of Representatives Sub-committee on Health:

Republicans
Gus Bilirakis (FL) (Chairperson)
Phil Roe (TN)
Tim Huelskamp (KS)
Mike Coffman (CO)
Brad Wenstrup (OH)
Ralph Abraham (LA)

Democrats
Julia Brownley (CA)
Mark Takano (CA)
Raul Ruiz (CA)
Ann McLane Kuster (NH)
Beto O'Rourke (TX)

If I can help PM me.

Last edited:

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Nice to see a senator with an ounce of common sense. Living in Illinois, we don't have any of those.

Uhm, an Illinois congressman is a co-sponser of the bill, and he sent me a very nice note regarding my contact to his office regarding the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread