listing side by side mods

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
They’re also almost always single battery

I honestly don't know of anyone who desires a dual battery SbS mod.

One of the main purposes of a SbS mod is the smaller form. Another is the stealthiness.

The vast majority of the SbS folks I personally know prefer 18650 SbS mods. Same is true for the folks in the SbS FB group.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
I'm waiting for a 38120 SbS mod. :lol: :lol:

-2.jpg

j/k ppl :greengrin:

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I honestly don't know of anyone who desires a dual battery SbS mod.

One of the main purposes of a SbS mod is the smaller form. Another is the stealthiness.

The vast majority of the SbS folks I personally know prefer 18650 SbS mods. Same is true for the folks in the SbS FB group.
Someone has likely done it though. At least once.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Someone has likely done it though. At least once.

If they have, and it got ANY traction at all, it will be in Marty's list. Are you in that Facebook group, by any chance? He's got EVERYTHING listed in that file.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
If they have, and it got ANY traction at all, it will be in Marty's list. Are you in that Facebook group, by any chance? He's got EVERYTHING listed in that file.
I don’t do Facebook. It’s a long story. Short version is the people I met were astoundingly horrible, and they screwed me twice. I won’t touch the thing.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don’t do Facebook. It’s a long story. Short version is the people I met were astoundingly horrible, and they screwed me twice. I won’t touch the thing.

Understood. I have posted the question on your behalf (see below). Now, we wait. :pop:

1710762712276.png

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
I can't believe that I forgot about the Golem. Thing CRACKED ME UP when it came out. A friend had one too.

View attachment 1009935

View attachment 1009936
lol. That thing isn’t even a little small. I thought there was likely one. There was a period where they were trying all sorts of stuff. The “weird one” I most miss are the tethered mods that just plugged into a usb port and had no battery at all. Those I would like to see come back.

If I got to design it I’d do a non-SbS (so any atty fits) TC (so a board) squonk with a USBC port on it that you could plug in either a usb cord or a snap-on battery bank to. That would be legally stoppable only by making nicotine base unbuyable.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The “weird one” I most miss are the tethered mods that just plugged into a usb port and had no battery at all. Those I would like to see come back.

I remember that thing! Wasn't it an Innokin something-or-other?

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
The ones I generally saw were no-name mechs about the size of an acorn. They had a serious stupid problem though, because there was no strain reliever on the cord base and the bottom hole the cord came through was sharp it would cut into the cord and they died in a few weeks. A 5¢ strain relief grommet would have stopped that. There was one that didn’t have that issue. It was $30 though and still didn’t have a pcb in it. The one in the video I haven’t seen. It doesn’t look like it has a pcb either though. Seems like a usb would be easier because then you could turn your computer or a battery bank into a vape too. It does seem to have a decent cord with strain relief though. So also a mech.
Easiest way of all would be just put a USBC port on the bottom of the handheld bit and source a USBC cord that has strain relief. Cheap, simple, universal. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t just crush. DNA use to do a really narrow board that would work well. USBC delivers insane ampherage though. More than enough to run a pcb. Just have to do something higher than usb 3.0. 3.2 would do it I think.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The ones I generally saw were no-name mechs about the size of an acorn. They had a serious stupid problem though, because there was no strain reliever on the cord base and the bottom hole the cord came through was sharp it would cut into the cord and they died in a few weeks. A 5¢ strain relief grommet would have stopped that. There was one that didn’t have that issue. It was $30 though and still didn’t have a pcb in it. The one in the video I haven’t seen. It doesn’t look like it has a pcb either though. Seems like a usb would be easier because then you could turn your computer or a battery bank into a vape too. It does seem to have a decent cord with strain relief though. So also a mech.
Easiest way of all would be just put a USBC port on the bottom of the handheld bit and source a USBC cord that has strain relief. Cheap, simple, universal. I don’t understand why it wouldn’t just crush. DNA use to do a really narrow board that would work well. USBC delivers insane ampherage though. More than enough to run a pcb. Just have to do something higher than usb 3.0. 3.2 would do it I think.

I'm just against vaping anything that's connected to a power source. Silly, I know, since the battery itself is a literal bomb, but I've chosen to avoid using anything while it's charging, or dedicated devices (such as that Drive thingie). I THINK that's what it was called, but don't quote me.

ALWAYS fun watching the crazy stuff though. That Alien mod was fun to watch too (I didn't get one).

1710859650740.png

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Yep! It's the Innokin Drive Kit. I have several and used 1 of them on a fairly long trip before. No problems at all with it then.
For me it’s usually gaming when I get a “oh hell my battery is dead” and a tethered mod solves that. Which is why I like usb as a concept.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
…but.. vapes are by definition connected to a power source. It’s just a question of WHAT power source. The vape lasts as long as the power source does, and tethered mods can plug into a wall.

Yeah, I know it's not rational, but it's just something that's stuck with me. Back when I first started vaping, I had a V2 (brand) that had to be run from a car charger. I used it a few times, then (for whatever reason) felt a bit freaky about it.

Since then, I just prefer to keep things not tied to a cable while I'm vaping,

Yep! It's the Innokin Drive Kit. I have several and used 1 of them on a fairly long trip before. No problems at all with it then.

Thanks, JC! I'm surprised I remembered the name! :laugh:

For me it’s usually gaming when I get a “oh hell my battery is dead” and a tethered mod solves that. Which is why I like usb as a concept.

I totally get it. My approach is to just keep a bunch of mods nearby on the ready. :vapor:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

Yup, I still got mine too. Plug it in when I got it to see if it worked and it did. And I thought that was fun and put it back in the box and there it sits to this very day. It sports two adapters. One with a fire button and the other with a draw sensor for those that gets its air through the 510.

I was going to show a pic of Nick's Box when he worked at Evolv. Unfortunately I can't find it. It was another example of a batteryless vape.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The issue with side-by-side mods is they either have to come with an atty you like, or you have to know the atty you want to put on it will fit a given mod. They’re also almost always single battery, though with 21700s that’s less of an issue because a 21700 is about like 1.5 18650s

Funny... Similar threads at the bottom of this very page asks the very same question.
Side By Side dual 18650 MOD

I have to admit, I'm attracted to strange and unusual vapes. Thus why I bought things like the Railbox and the Moonraker E8 (this one is a SXK clone). These two are examples of not being very practical SbS mods. But they are strange and unusual. And if I found a dual 18650 SbS mod, I'd highly consider getting one, or two, or...

Users who are viewing this thread