Like the Prodigy but not the 801.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
So far it is a love hate with my new prodigy. I dont like the 801 at all. No flavor and a fairly hard draw. Tons of vapor but with no flavor. I guess I will have to try a BE112 atty and see if that helps. Both of my 801 attys work and taste the same. I am sitting here toking on my 901 ps pt and loving life. Got my fingers crossed the BE112 has a better flavor.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Will do. If enough people think the BE is better any chance you may start to carry them?

According to Beci (or atleast when I spoke with him about 3-4 months ago) His atty was simply a 2 holed DSE801 built by sailebao .... :confused: .....

I instead just go through Sailebao direct when ordering atomizers .... I order thousands at a time, so I find it easier taking out the middle man ....

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
I've tried pretty much everything on the 801 with my old Jantystick and now with the VAPRE51 and just cannot get flavor out of it. Tends to be inconsistent as well as far as vapor production.

Tried 5 different juices, they all taste mostly the same. The vapor is way too cool too.

When I vape the same juices on my other PVs using a 510 (even the SB at 3.7v) the flavor is perfect as are all other aspects.

I think the length of the atty body as well as the whistle tip makes it such a poor performer in comparison to the 510.

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
So far it is a love hate with my new prodigy. I dont like the 801 at all. No flavor and a fairly hard draw. Tons of vapor but with no flavor. I guess I will have to try a BE112 atty and see if that helps. Both of my 801 attys work and taste the same. I am sitting here toking on my 901 ps pt and loving life. Got my fingers crossed the BE112 has a better flavor.
There are a couple of things you can try to fix the hard draw.

Search for "reverse blowout", and also, Quo was able to fix by adjusting the center post so you don't have to screw the atty on so much.

Gibby

viny1

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Dayton, TX
Does this mean that on an 801 (penstyle) , that your "draw" is actually air
leaking past the threads where the battery screws into the atomizer?

I noticed on my 501s, I have a slot cut across the top of the battery to
allow air in, but its a female thread, and this makes some sense.

So I'm tempted to file a straight slot across the top of my battery,
although it is a male thread on the outside, so more air can get into
the center hole area. Has anyone tried this? Would it help?

I like the 801 compared to my 501s.
Quieter ( less air noise - probably due to the hard draw )
Holds more juice
Stock batteries last long time (I know you can get 280mah batts for 501s)
Lots of smooth vapor ( 501's taste burnt too quickly )

Thoughts?
viny1

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
I've tried pretty much everything on the 801 with my old Jantystick and now with the VAPRE51 and just cannot get flavor out of it. Tends to be inconsistent as well as far as vapor production.

Tried 5 different juices, they all taste mostly the same. The vapor is way too cool too.

When I vape the same juices on my other PVs using a 510 (even the SB at 3.7v) the flavor is perfect as are all other aspects.

I think the length of the atty body as well as the whistle tip makes it such a poor performer in comparison to the 510.

I have to agree that the 510 is an all around great atomizer, even at 5v you still get flavor out of most juices. The only drawback is it's small capacity, and the POOR batteries that the factory kit's come with. It is the only atomizer I like at both 3.7 and 5v. Planning to order a resistor less switch for one of my Prodigies (whats the plural here?) as soon as PS get's them back in stock to replace my old unfaithful Duralog mod that used the 18650. And just got in a 801 -> 510 adapter from the SB people that works great on my Janty Stick as well.

I only like the 801 at 5v now, going back to my Janty stick the 801 is like breathing flavored air, not satisfying. I prefer the Joye 302/Janty Kissbox atomizers, and since Janty stopped stocking anything have written off using the 801.

However, the 801 Prodigy is the combo, with the help of Cash Menthol, that finally got me off analogs completely. They will always have a place on my Prodigy.

The Protege will be my public vape of choice however, I want something I can recommend to everyone I meet. And it is 510 equipped.

Steve: You really need to get some stock of the stainless 510 atomizers! The will be perfect with the Protege!!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I have some of the Stainless Steel brushed metal 510 atty's (not the titanium color paint that some suppliers have)
They are my favorite and look really awesome on my Prodigy..
Joye needs to get with the program and make some for PS..;)

so true wench !!!! do you have a picture??? it may help (ammunition wise) to allow them for me to carry ...

i do order thousands at a time, perhaps why they don't want to do it, and only offer me black .... but, ya never know!!!! a single pic would be awesome wench, whenever you get the chance!!!

Mr-Glass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
St. Louis Missouri
so true wench !!!! do you have a picture??? it may help (ammunition wise) to allow them for me to carry ...

i do order thousands at a time, perhaps why they don't want to do it, and only offer me black .... but, ya never know!!!! a single pic would be awesome wench, whenever you get the chance!!!

Here is a quick pic with the stainless - I even scrapped up one of Parkers whistle tips (even tho I dont use them - tailpipe)

3970675868_b10406a59e_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread