Not open for further replies.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
LONG STORY !!!
LOL... Issues on my Prodigy V3
I came home after a rough day yesterday ... And Had issues with this new carto I had in my AFS, it was vaping just too harsh... So I said to myself screw it and just wait until I got home to vape.

After a long day. I got home, took off my GG AFS on 901 adpater off the Prodigy V3 and slapped on the 801 adpater on the prodigy and a my old trusty dse 801 atty on her and just dripped for a while...

Was content and happy vaping away. Then, it was time to bbq for dinner soo I thought screw it; setup the GG AFS with another modded carto. And Slap it on the 901 adapter and then on Prodigy V3.

As I was screwing the adpater ( an actual adapter ... its the top battery cap) onto the Prodigy the and it wouldnt screw all the way down; it got stuck half way... And I got scared, took it off and looked at it again and again and then took a magnifying glass and looked at the threads ... For some reason the threads on the top cap adpater was cross threaded ... And thought to myself WTF !!! All I did was unscrew it off the prodigy to swap out ...

So I double checked the 801 adpater to make sure the actual body of the Prodigy V3 wasnt cross threaded ... And the dse 801 top cap adapter on the prodigy v3 screws in smooth. So I panicked and ordered 2 new 901 top cap adapters for the my prodigy v3.

I was ok because I said I had back up 801 atty anyway and should be fine. When I checked my back 801 atty on the prodigy v3, it doesnt work because the atty wasnt making contact with the power screw on the top cap adapter. So, I'm down to just on atty that I've had since June18th ( the day I started vaping ), I'm panicking and I'm hoping PureSmoker ships out my adpaters asap... And Now I'm looking for a online store that sells 801 HV Atty and does over night shipping... And I havent found one... Anyone got ideas ???

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Ripp ...

Saw your post on VF as well :)

Couple things I need help with clarity wise.

You have the V3 901 adapter, and were using a 901 to 801 chinese adapter on top of it? Or do you have a completely separate V3 801 adapter?

If your 801 was working and stopped, you may have tightened the atomizer down a bit too far. Try using a paperclip on the underside of the atomizer and pull down the center post just a tad to reach the contact post.

I'm not too familiar with the AFS personally. Is the only atomizer working the original 901 that was tasting a bit burnt?

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Hey Ripp ...

Saw your post on VF as well :)

Couple things I need help with clarity wise.

You have the V3 901 adapter, and were using a 901 to 801 chinese adapter on top of it? Or do you have a completely separate V3 801 adapter?

If your 801 was working and stopped, you may have tightened the atomizer down a bit too far. Try using a paperclip on the underside of the atomizer and pull down the center post just a tad to reach the contact post.

I'm not too familiar with the AFS personally. Is the only atomizer working the original 901 that was tasting a bit burnt?

I have an actual PureSmoker Prodigy Stainless Steel Apapter ( order # 34349 )

And I placed my order for 2 stainless 901 adapters last night ( order # 35859 ) if you can do anything for me is to have this shipped out as soon as you can...

nope my 801 hasnt stopped working... my 901 adapter got cross threaded, I dont know why because I do maintenance on this thing like crazy and I havent pulled than adapter out for a week. I usually take out the bottom part out to change my batteries...

I'm down to my last 801 atty and the back up one is brand new and never been used and it isnt making contact with the 801 adapter power post...

I have abunch of regular 901 atties and HV 901 atties and KR808 Cartos but they only take a 901 adapter, which is screwed up right now... I'm down to only a single 801 atty which is my original atty when I started vaping 25 days ago ...

Last edited:

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I gotcha Ripp ...

Try the contact post trick I posted above with your backup 801 atomizer. Your order shipped today so you should have Thursday :)
thanx ... I saw your email that your shipping out today ... Hopefully, this 801 atty I have right now dont die on me ... If it does I'll be screwed and probably have to pick up a analog ... Which I dont want to do

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
oh man talk about being in a tough spot. yes try that post trick it... and what is wrong with your chinese 901 adapter. If its not hitting right try blowing it out.... sometimes when the atties leak the eliquid gets down into the adapter. Also take some rubbing alcohol (dries quickly) and clean the threads and center posts on each end. And if it seems to be cross threading or feels rough try some nolax on the threads.... I hope this helps. :)

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
oh man talk about being in a tough spot. yes try that post trick it... and what is wrong with your chinese 901 adapter. If its not hitting right try blowing it out.... sometimes when the atties leak the eliquid gets down into the adapter. Also take some rubbing alcohol (dries quickly) and clean the threads and center posts on each end. And if it seems to be cross threading or feels rough try some nolax on the threads.... I hope this helps. :)

I dont have a chinese 901 adapter... The actual SLB 801 atty wont coming in contact with the battery post.
And it does feel rough ... it just stops at 2 turns ...

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
it sounds like the threads are not matching the adapter you have. I sometimes get this with my cartimizers to my 901 adapter. LOL I had a 808 cartomizer a couple months back that literally had no threading.

But try Cash's idea with taking the center post and pull up on it........ be very very careful... Do this with a slight pull and do not let the rubber o-ring pop off. Sometimes the manufacture puts the center post on atties to far in.

I wonder if a spacer can help with this?

Last edited:

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I'm super screwed my good old trusty atty finally died ... I'm vape-less till I get those parts in ...

I guess I'll have to pick up a pack of camel crushes later today when I get out of work...

As for the offer thanx but thats when I'll get my order from VaproKings ( 2 LR and 2 HV 801 atties)... Thank you for your help ....

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Cash ;
are you steve or amy ????

but anyway ... What if I cross thread the bottom switch or the main body.... do you guys sell spare parts for that either of those ??? Or will I be screwed ???

Hey Ripp ...

If something like that ever happens ...

A) We'll ask you to send it back first. Most of the time, we are able to resolve the problem.

B) If worse comes to worse & a part is unrepairable, we will notify you on how to go about getting a replacement part for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread