Level with me- Kayfun Lite + worth the dough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
Worth it's weight in gold. Very simple to build and troubleshoot. With so many experienced users on this site all you've got to do is ask and you'll get several answers if problems arise. I bought a Kraken and it cost $150, it's a nice piece of equipment, produces a lot of vapor but so far the taste has been ok. Not throwing the kraken under the bus as it's likely my build and hopefully that will get better. But at nearly $50 more I'd say the KFL is an absolute bargain and I will be adding another very soon.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I sincerely apologize if you have taken it personally. My problem is not with you, but the info you shared. Yourself as well as a mod placed Xfoo on a pedestal of higher authority in the vaping world and as such treated what he said as it should not be questioned... Or at least that is the way I took it.I read the link you provided and Xfoo was flat wrong with the unfounded info he posted. You shared this info & the disinformation was continued from that thread to this one. I pointed this out & provided citation from both manufactures as such. One final point and I will leave it alone. If anyone, not just you personally, cannot provide citations or proof, it certainly does make it "unfounded".un·found·edˌənˈfoundid/adjective1.having no foundation or basis in fact."her persistent fear that she had cancer was unfounded"synonyms: groundless, baseless, unsubstantiated, unproven, unsupported, uncorroborated, unconfirmed, unverified, unattested, unjustified, without basis, without foundation; Moreantonyms: proven
9f18a53821c766548d922dcf313f5f3f.png

rastapete69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Orlando
Really... you're saying all clones are subpar because you looked at pictures?

Oh really? Where from??? Got a link?

Like I said previously, not all clones are equal! Your statement is blanketing all clones, and this just isn't true. No chrome on any of my EHPro or HCigar clones, all 3xx SS parts, VERY good machining, buttery smooth threads, etc..

Please refrain from product reviews and blanket statements about a product unless you have first hand experience or knowledge. Like I said, some people cannot afford the real deal and the higher end clones ARE NOT junk, as you put it. Some are, yes, but if you do the research you claim to do, you will discover this for yourself.

Cheers!

:vapor:

Sorry, I disagree with your statement to stay away from Tobeco clones.

I have one that I have been using for 3 months and it performs flawlessly.

Tobeco had a poor track record before getting the Kayfun clone right

The Fasttech part I agree with.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Sorry, I disagree with your statement to stay away from Tobeco clones.

I have one that I have been using for 3 months and it performs flawlessly.

Tobeco had a poor track record before getting the Kayfun clone right

The Fasttech part I agree with.
The irony is that I got my Tobeco Kayfun from FastTech.
I like it, and it works well, and I want to get about five more, but sometimes I have to use pliers to get it all apart. Any of the other clones have this issue?

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I now have 3 KFL+ clones. A Tobeco, HCigar and the unknown 4 juice groove model. Now the first two though different in the location of the air adjustment with one on the bottom and the other on the side they both are dead on. Now the 4 stotted one I got working tonight without a hitch also as it just took a bit more cotton than I normally use. But I've had no flooding nor leaking from it and it vapes like the others just fine. I know they have gotten real easy for me to make a coil on at this point and once made I've yet to have to make another for them as I just change the cotton wick and dry burn. I really like them and have one setup with the Nano setup, one with the M tank and the other standard. All parts are pretty much interchangeable also.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Really... you're saying all clones are subpar because you looked at pictures?

No, I only said I looked at pictures of the R91's. After mine was so poorly machined, I wanted to see close-ups of the juice channels. I saw 4 that came out of the same batch & a few others that I knew were authentic. There was no consistency at all. Out of the 4 that came out of the same batch mine & another were bad, the other 2 worked but were different. But thanks for taking that out of context. :rolleyes:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I sincerely apologize if you have taken it personally. My problem is not with you, but the info you shared. Yourself as well as a mod placed Xfoo on a pedestal of higher authority in the vaping world and as such treated what he said as it should not be questioned... Or at least that is the way I took it.I read the link you provided and Xfoo was flat wrong with the unfounded info he posted. You shared this info & the disinformation was continued from that thread to this one. I pointed this out & provided citation from both manufactures as such. One final point and I will leave it alone. If anyone, not just you personally, cannot provide citations or proof, it certainly does make it "unfounded".un·found·ednfoundid/adjective1.having no foundation or basis in fact."her persistent fear that she had cancer was unfounded"synonyms:groundless, baseless, unsubstantiated, unproven, unsupported, uncorroborated, unconfirmed, unverified, unattested, unjustified, without basis, without foundation; Moreantonyms:proven

Just because I cannot cite it doesn't make it unfounded. In this thread you have only evidenced my inability to cite it. You truly are struggling with this concept...or deliberately distorting it...I am not certain of which one. Since you misrepresented how I presented the A4-A2 comparison (I never, ever represented it as a FACT as you have misleadingly asserted) it appears to be the latter.

Your posting of the definition is not necessary. I know the definition well. I don't need English/vocabulary instructions from the person who misspelled "understand".

The position was never mine. For the position to be unfounded, the original poster would have to admit a lack of citation. Just because you found two links that contradict it, it doesn't make unfounded, either. You could call it "unsupported" or "unconfirmed" with precision (both are listed synonyms of your poorly chosen term). You are all about precision, right? I am certain you appreciate my correction.

Xfoo very well could have a basis for his original statement. As I said originally, I never asked for citation. If I had, I suspect he would have produced some source. I wish I had in retrospect, but that ship has sailed.

Edit:
If you had only quit prior to your "final thought"...you were doing so well up to that point, I would have given you the last word. Such a shame.

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
How did this thread delve into a god d**ned vocabulary lesson?

To Clone or Not To Clone...

That ship has already sailed.

The question was, whether the OP thought that the Kayfun Lite + was worth the dough. Well, at $99.00 list at vaperrev, then I'd say a qualified "yes" that the "real" Kayfun Lite + is worth $99 bones, if observed in a vacuum and IF/WHEN you can find one.... Which is my biggest problem with SvoeMesto.

Whether the SvoeMesto is seriously having supply issues, or whether or not he is limiting supply to artificially drive demand, I don't know. What ever the case, his inability to resolve these issues has led to the proliferation of the cloning of his device.

And just because the Russian and Russian 91 are just as expensive as a Kayfun, does not make them any less clones. I find it laughable how some people here will rant about how cloning is bad and evil and then talk about their "authentic" Russian 91. They further kid themselves by saying...Oh, It's okay...The guy is one of the original designers that worked on it and he and SvoeMesto parted ways so it's all good. Yeah...Whatever.

The HCigar Kayfun 3.1ES clone is a Clone of a discontinued Kayfun model. It is fantastic. It sells for $39.50

Now if you want to debate whether or not a single Kayfun Lite Plus is worth two excellent 3.1ES clones, now you have a different argument.

There are things about the 3.1ES design that I prefer over the Lite or Lite Plus design. Most notable is the fact that I can adjust airflow without removing the device from my Mod. I also like the fact that the 510 connector on the 3.1ES is adjustable and is not used simply to hold the deck together. This means I can use it with my MVP and ProVari with no issue.

But to argue whether or not 316 or 304 stainless is a better medium for an RBA? PUHLEEZE.....

I figure if 304 stainless is good enough for the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, it will withstand whatever punishment I dish out.

Last edited:

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Wow, I did not expect this thread to gain so much traction!

I did consider the russian, but the potentially leaky juice fill bothered me. Airflow I notice I usually set and forget, so I am not too concerned about that.

I do like that the russian build deck is supposed to be more stable when adjusting the center pin, however I also understand that the newest russians are having issues being loose.

Either way, I don't want to pay $10 less for a knock off, and I want the original.

Now, does anyone know where the heck to purchase one? Vape rev of course is out, Don't want to order from over seas, and the classifieds you need to pm within 5 minutes to snag one.

Any one ITT want to part with one of their authentic KFL+'s for a fellow provari fan? Pls?

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
No, I only said I looked at pictures of the R91's. After mine was so poorly machined, I wanted to see close-ups of the juice channels. I saw 4 that came out of the same batch & a few others that I knew were authentic. There was no consistency at all. Out of the 4 that came out of the same batch mine & another were bad, the other 2 worked but were different. But thanks for taking that out of context. :rolleyes:

I like how you only answered ONE of my questions and ignored the rest!

The :rolleyes: smiley is funny too, claiming I took your words and twisted them...

I had a R91 that got returned because the machining was poor & it's a lower grade of stainless. I've also looked at a bunch of close-up photos, and they're not consistent at all. I can get a KFL+ for under $100 shipped, so I wasn't about to pay premium prices for a subpar clone. I looked at other clones to see what was out there, but same thing - poor machining, poor QC, lower grades of stainless at best & many of them are just chromed. The real ones aren't cheap, but they're worth the extra money. I do a ton of research before I buy anything; it wasn't a mistake that I bought the KFL+. I liked it so much I bought 3 more

So much misinformation there... but I digress!

Now, how about that link to a real KFL shipped for less than $100? Even if they're out of stock, let's see it...

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I like how you only answered ONE of my questions and ignored the rest!

The :rolleyes: smiley is funny too, claiming I took your words and twisted them...

So much misinformation there... but I digress!

Now, how about that link to a real KFL shipped for less than $100? Even if they're out of stock, let's see it...

Not to get into this argument because I am an evil clone user and love my HCigar 3.1ES But as far as the link...I can help.

$99.00 USD

Kayfun Lite

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
I heard that VapeRev will have more in stock next week.
Are you on the email list for one from them?

Why yes I am!

How fast do they go? I mean, is it like trying to get a Keep Calm and Chive on shirt where I have to be sitting by the computer refreshing 20 times a second to ensure I can place the order? or do I have 24hrs or so to act?

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
Not to get into this argument because I am an evil clone user and love my HCigar 3.1ES But as far as the link...I can help.

$99.00 USD

Kayfun Lite

Nope... Vaperev charges shipping... ;)

I bought my V2 from there and my bill was:

Kayfun Lite Plus Second Batch VRKayfunLite 1 $99.00
Subtotal $99.00
Shipping & Handling $8.94
Grand Total $107.94

Just saying... :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Nope... Vaperev charges shipping... ;)

I bought my V2 from there and my bill was:

Kayfun Lite Plus Second Batch VRKayfunLite 1 $99.00
Subtotal $99.00
Shipping & Handling $8.94
Grand Total $107.94

Just saying... :)

My hubby is a stickler for details and I have learned how to not fall into the trap. I knew better than to try to find one when the statement was: Find one under $100 shipped

Uh huh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread