Kayfun Lite Plus: Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewilson

Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Tennessee
I just purchased my first one today, got it all coiled at 1.7, cotton wick, and juiced up about an hour ago.. this thing is amazing. I can already tell I'm gonna need a few more. :D I just learned to rebuild yesterday on an igo-l and I was so surprised how easy the kfl+ was, even as a beginner. Such a difference in both flavor and vapor!

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
Nice, congrats!

I just got one too, and it really does look nice on a ProVari. With a ProVape beauty ring, the KFL+ didn't light up the first time I tried it, but now it does.

-- Glenn

Yeah, I've experienced this with the Svoemesto ring. It lifts the KFL just enough off my Provari so that it doesn't fire. Never mind though, the KFL is such an awesome Vape I can live without the flush look.

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
Love my Kayfun Lite + as well. Here's my coil setup:

That's an interesting looking coil. What gauge kanthal are you twisting?

I've just tried a single coil 28AWG build (coming from 30AWG previously), wrapped around a 2.4mm drill bit, and I'm hitting around 1.65 Ohms. And the result is great. Even more vapour and flavour. Perhaps a little too much nic, even though I've dropped from 18mg to 12mg for the Kayfun builds.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Yeah, I've experienced this with the Svoemesto ring. It lifts the KFL just enough off my Provari so that it doesn't fire. Never mind though, the KFL is such an awesome Vape I can live without the flush look.

That's why I like the Kayfun 3.1ES, it's clones and the Russian (original and R91). They have an adjustable 510 connector screw.

I have 3 Hcigar 3.1ES clones and they are great.....When SvoeMesto brings back the adjustable 510 connector, I'll be looking at them again.

jannodude

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
California
That's an interesting looking coil. What gauge kanthal are you twisting?

I've just tried a single coil 28AWG build (coming from 30AWG previously), wrapped around a 2.4mm drill bit, and I'm hitting around 1.65 Ohms. And the result is great. Even more vapour and flavour. Perhaps a little too much nic, even though I've dropped from 18mg to 12mg for the Kayfun builds.

Twisted 28 gauge on a 8-9 wrap on 5/64 drill bit.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
What beauty ring are You using? the Svoemesto ring does'nt have this issue

Just taken delivery of my new precious. A shiny and rather nice looking Kayfun Lite Plus. First build complete with 6 or 7 wraps of microcoil diameter using 30awg Kanthal, and cotton wick and the result is Wow. I mean, seriously.....Wow. Flavour, lots and lots of it. This thing takes vaping to a whole new stratosphere. So:-

Pro's
The vape quality......tons and tons of flavour
Big, thick clouds of vapour
Relatively easy to build
Build quality
It's chunky and holds 4.5ml

Cons
Minor, but it's left a mark on my battery connector from the screw head in the KFL base that connects to the batt.
The 'beauty ring' (for my Provari) raises the KFL+ slightly from the batt, so it doesn't connect and results in a Provari 'OP' error.

I am one very happy camper :)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I just learned today that the KFL+ can be run in "Dripper mode".

318845d1395671200t-i-just-cant-decide-ane7ety3.jpg

So it's 2 devices in 1. A tank based RBA, and an RDA at the same time.

KFL+ Dripper mode tutorial

Last edited:

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
What beauty ring are You using? the Svoemesto ring does'nt have this issue

Hmm, it's the Svoemesto ring I've got, and by a whisker it lifts the KFL+ just above the pin in the Provari. After the initial onset of grumpiness, I soon got used to the non-flush look and am very happy with the KFL sitting on a Provari. Works great.

Ohm-y-Gosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
England, UK
Haven't tried the kayfun yet, interesting to note that your dropping Nic levels, is it because of the increased flavor your finding yourself vaping more or is it somehow changing the absorption rate? When you drop Nic levels did you find a less peppery taste to the liquid?

Prior to receiving it, I'd read somewhere that it would be advisable to drop the nic strength. The advice was good. The KFL produces a much denser, and larger quantity of vapour - compared with the Protanks I'd been using. Because of this, I assume more nic is inhaled with each drag. Even at 12mg, it feels as though the nic hit is harder than with Protank/18mg. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread