Less smoking = less caffeine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
So I've noticed that I've been quite tired of late. I put this down to the weather and the season but it occurs to me that there may be more to it. Since I quit the stinkies, my caffeine consumption has hit rock bottom! Yesterday, I only had two cups of tea! TWO! I'm originally from Yorkshire and this is bordering on sacrilegious! TWO!

It used to be that I'd put the kettle on and go outside to smoke. In the meantime, the kettle would have boiled and I could make myself a nice, fresh cup of tea but now I don't think to! This makes me very sad!

Has anyone else found that they've dropped their tea and coffee consumption thanks to vaping?

el lobo furtivo

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Akron, OH
I definitely have. Although, come to think of it I never correlated the two until just now. Just last week I had a horrendous headache the one day and the next was just exhausted by 4pm. I thought about it and hadn't had any coffee in TWO DAYS!!! I don't even understand how that was possible.

I had a morning ritual just like you did, make the coffee, go outside with the coffee and have a smoke, go back in, make breakfast, drink some more coffee, fill up a travel mug with more coffee, drive to work. I never smoked in my car so the morning cofffee/smoke was essential. Now that I can vape in my car, I stopped doing that so some mornings the coffee just doesn't get made. Weird....

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
This is definitely true for me! Normally I carry a full thermos (equaling a whole pot) of coffee with me to work and have it throughout the day, and hit iced tea (I know you think that's gross) the rest of the day off and on. Since vaping started I barely get half way through the pot of coffee, and maybe just a touch of tea in the morning and evening. Isn't that a weird side effect...

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'm pretty sure that I traded stimulants. I can vape in places where I couldn't smoke before, so use my PV rather than coffee. I don't really chain vape, but will take a few puffs several times an hour, depending on what I'm doing. I've been at 10 mg for a year, just dropped to 9, figure I'm running about the equivalent of a half pack of cigs' worth of nicotine per day, just that it's distributed more evenly.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Yep. Me too.
It's quite curious. I was a coffeeholic...Drank coffee all day long. Now not so much.

I think what happened to me was that I got the shakes from vaping & my usual amount of coffee. So now I have 1-2 cups in the morning & water the rest of the day. Some days I have a diet Pepsi in the afternoon but not everyday.

Ain't vaping grand??

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
I find it really strange! I don't even think about it anymore! There are days when I do drink more tea but I don't crave the caffeine like I used to. I literally used to drink litres of the stuff every day. Three years ago, I'd sit at my desk and be working on papers with a cig in one hand, a drink in the other and only put one down to type! I can't believe the difference and I'm sure its a good thing in the long run but I wish I wasn't so pooped!x

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I went from a pot of coffee a day to a cup a day. And usually I don't even finish the first cup.

I did exactly the same thing. (On weekends, tho, I'd have 2 pots)

I just don't want coffee anymore. My routine is the same (no kids here, mine is grown, so we smoked in the house) I just don't feel the urge to drink coffee anymore.

SPM3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
North Fort Myers, Florida
Hi there Everyone,

I don't think I have noticed if my coffee consumption has gone down. I do have my morning cup and I have a Butterscotch e-juice I vape with the coffee. I do the same after dinner. I guess during the day I may have one cup in the afternoon. I have noticed my soda consumption is way down. I drink them occasionally, but not like I used too, which was almost all the time. Maybe we are all so concerned with staying hydrated that we sub water for coffee?

my :2c:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
My first response was I don’t normally drink that much caffeine anyway. But as I read this thread I realize that maybe I just went in from the back end, as it were. Too much Tea throughout the day was giving me heartburn, so over the last 3 years of my smoking career, I dropped from about a gallon a day to just a glass of ice tea a week. Looking back, I also started smoking more. I never thought about it, but since I now know that Nic is a stimulant similar to caffeine I must have been replacing one with the other. Then I switched to vaping. I vape about the same as I smoked my pipe before.
Strange correlation there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread